Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help with gear please

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 20, 2011
I'm level 77, myth student, and not a clue on which gears are best. My statistics are as followed:

Damage is 21 for all school except for myth which is 27
Resistance is 13 for all schools
Accuracy is 7 for all schools
Critical rating is 87 for all schools
Block rating is 100 for all schools
Armor Piercing is 9 for all schools
Power Pips are at 72%
Shadow pips and stun are a 0%
Healing in 0% healing out is 22%
Health is 3,772
Mana is 474

Plus I have a pet included in that (strange beast)
Myth pet
+2% accuracy
+3% resistance
Mana boost of 54

Wearing
Evergreen Cowl (Level 70+)
Hawkrider uniform (Level 60+)
Hawkrider boots (Level 60+)
Truesight bow (Level 72+)
Bear's claw of myth (Level 56+)
Armiger's amulet of aiming (Level 70+)
Black annie's band (Level 74+)

If anyone knows of anything that I could change or do to make me more powerful i would be very grateful!

Survivor
Mar 16, 2012
Hey! I had the same gear as you to pick which gear I wanted. I finally decided to do Water Works everyday and farm for gear. So far I have the robe and the hat. I would also suggest to go into the bazaar and try to look for gear with better statistics. Try to do dungeons such as Atlantea as well.

Kelsey Rainbowflame

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
Great job on making it this far Miss Tiffany!

If you are an appropriate level Crafter, I would suggest visiting the gear vendors in Avalon, specifically The Wild, and Dun Dara, as their recipes are for levels 74-76. If your progression is not that high yet, please strongly consider the Wintertusk gear recipes. They are level 56, but second only to Waterworks gear.

Based on your given stats, I would recommend improving your Main school's Accuracy, Damage, Power Pip chance, and, if possible, Critical Hit/Block. If you're unable to find Critical Block, then attempt to find gear with resistances.
I suggest using an opposite School for your wand, so you don't use your Main school's Blades/Traps. If you have excess gold burning your pockets, try buying TCs of spells you haven't learned yet to assist you in duels. Don't forget your secondary schools, especially Balance, and the Astral schools for added boosts to damage, and accuracy.

I suggest you continue improving your pet, as they can be quite beneficial with the desired Talents. Once you acquire the Talents, maximize your Pet's attributes for highest percentages of boosts, such as Accuracy. On your current Pet, you state 2%; with maxxed attributes, that percentage could be significantly higher, lowering your Fizzle rate.

When selecting gear, do a little research, and pick pieces that best suit your play style. Use your Friends list for second opinions.

Stockpile plenty of gold/reagents for Crafting gear, jewels, and pet hatching. With some research and understanding, and some patience, you will see significant improvements.

If your progression slows down, or grinds to a halt, I can attempt to meet you in-game. My play time is erratic, so it may take some time for us to meet. I play several wizards, so I'm all over the Spiral.

Best of luck to you,

Lincoln Realm
Gabriel 100
Michael 87
and more

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Get water works or the gear from other water place trust me it will help i am myth itsbgood i never craft so i get those it helped me

Alia DreamSmith 92 myth

To move on
as hardships follow
you must dream on.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2011
kelseyrainbowflame... on Jun 24, 2015 wrote:
Hey! I had the same gear as you to pick which gear I wanted. I finally decided to do Water Works everyday and farm for gear. So far I have the robe and the hat. I would also suggest to go into the bazaar and try to look for gear with better statistics. Try to do dungeons such as Atlantea as well.

Kelsey Rainbowflame
Hello Kelsey! Thank you so so much for the suggestions I will defiantly have to start going gear farming! (and look into this Water Works gear everyone is talking about) I will be on my to play in Atlantea now!

Tiffany PixieFlower

Survivor
Apr 20, 2011
mmoluvr on Jun 24, 2015 wrote:
Great job on making it this far Miss Tiffany!

If you are an appropriate level Crafter, I would suggest visiting the gear vendors in Avalon, specifically The Wild, and Dun Dara, as their recipes are for levels 74-76. If your progression is not that high yet, please strongly consider the Wintertusk gear recipes. They are level 56, but second only to Waterworks gear.

Based on your given stats, I would recommend improving your Main school's Accuracy, Damage, Power Pip chance, and, if possible, Critical Hit/Block. If you're unable to find Critical Block, then attempt to find gear with resistances.
I suggest using an opposite School for your wand, so you don't use your Main school's Blades/Traps. If you have excess gold burning your pockets, try buying TCs of spells you haven't learned yet to assist you in duels. Don't forget your secondary schools, especially Balance, and the Astral schools for added boosts to damage, and accuracy.

I suggest you continue improving your pet, as they can be quite beneficial with the desired Talents. Once you acquire the Talents, maximize your Pet's attributes for highest percentages of boosts, such as Accuracy. On your current Pet, you state 2%; with maxxed attributes, that percentage could be significantly higher, lowering your Fizzle rate.

When selecting gear, do a little research, and pick pieces that best suit your play style. Use your Friends list for second opinions.

Stockpile plenty of gold/reagents for Crafting gear, jewels, and pet hatching. With some research and understanding, and some patience, you will see significant improvements.

If your progression slows down, or grinds to a halt, I can attempt to meet you in-game. My play time is erratic, so it may take some time for us to meet. I play several wizards, so I'm all over the Spiral.

Best of luck to you,

Lincoln Realm
Gabriel 100
Michael 87
and more
Wow thank you so much for all of your information and taking the time to write it all down for me, I'm taking notes for sure! Now that you have told me things that I can craft I will take the time to collect the things needed because I have never crafted anything. I will be getting to work on playing with my pet to make her stronger, but the games are so tedious and take forever to level up your pet, even with good treats. If I see you around I will be sure to say hello and I'm addicted so I'm on there all the time!

Thank you so much,
Tiffany PixieFlower