Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I've decided to make a new character

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
It's been awhile since I played this game, besides preparing for my novice ( a good pet )

I want to make a new character so any advice for starting out and I want to make a Myth wizard.

Any advice for PVE, pets, socketing, and whatever else that'll help me in PVE.

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Defender
Aug 12, 2012
Any and all advice depend on the school. Sorry :l

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Myth is fun. Don't worry too much about gear or jewels early on, but accuracy power pips. and damage are always nice to have. Pets with a balance of talents are usually best for PvE: damage, healing, resist, and accuracy until you get to 100% from gear (Waterworks).

Get to know your minions. Different ones do different things.

Train life to Sprite when you can. It's a lot of health for one pip. Later you might want a Life mastery amulet and Satyr, or pick up some healing TCs.

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Well I know the pet talents but how am I gonna get the talents everyone in the hatchery are always unwilling to morph with anyone.

They never morph with anyone I'm just surprised powerful pets came into existance.

Explorer
Jun 26, 2012
Personally, I haven't played past Magus on my Myth wizard, however I can give you some general pointers. Don't bother with farming for jewels until you've become a Promethean, because until then you'll be going through Athames and Rings every five levels, and all of those jewels you farmed so hard for will be wasted. Minions are pretty helpful in the lower levels, but once you reach a certain point they become practically useless and I honestly wouldn't bother much with them. Myth is a pretty decent all around school, and has the third most powerful attacks (next to Fire and Storm, respectively), decent accuracy, and sustainable defense. As far as pet goes, any basic SPUDF (Spritely, Proof, Unicorn, Defy, Fairy) will do for your wizard. Good luck, and have fun in the school of Myth! :

Sean Firesword Exalted
Sean Stormsword Exalted
Sean Icesword Legendary
Sean Mythsword Magus
Sean Magus