Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why can't I ever get into a PvP unless it's 1 vs 1

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 16, 2015
Hi, I'm a new player, but have my character up to level 13. Twice now I've spent 240 crowns to unlock pvp and derby races. Although I've been able to get into the derby races fairly well, it seems I can never get into any matches at the arena unless it's 1 vs 1. I really wanted to play 3 vs 3 and/or 4 vs 4 for the ranked matches. I've tried to join these so many times but never get matched up, and end up logging off the game without ever playing. I'm I just too low of a level right now? Please, someone advise me, because I'm very eager to try it, but don't feel like wasting my money to unlock it anymore. Thanks.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
There are lots of ways to address the problem you're facing. I think the best way is a quick history lesson.

Years ago, we started having problems with "puppet teams" that made people very unwilling to play 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 unless they were max level. These were generally low-level players who would team up with an extremely high level player who could take everyone out in a single shot. It was immensely unfair, and it still exists in Ranked PvP today.

Then, in 2013, the match-up system was changed to what it is today. It tries to make sure that you get matches quickly, but in doing so it also tends to give you very unfair match-ups. This made a lot of people unwilling to PvP at all.
It's not like you will never get a match--weekends are best in my experience--but PvP isn't what it used to be in this game. In the meantime, you might look at the Practice PvP queue. Usually it has quite a few more matches going on.

Survivor
May 16, 2015
Okay, well at least there's a reason and it's not just me. I appreciate the reply :)