Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks drop rate?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
I am level 56, so soon I will be farming Waterworks. I had a very bad experience trying to get Zeus gear, and I'm just wondering if getting Waterworks gear is really hard to get, and if the drops are very frequent, because I REALLY don't want it to be like Zeus gear (although please tell me honest answers).

Leesha StarForge, level 56

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
It isn't too bad. I don't remember exactly, but I think it was about one bit every few runs, and less than 20 times through to get the whole set. Try to go with a team that know the cheats first time and check the guides.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?161437-Plumbing101-A-Guide-to-the-Waterworks-instance

Defender
Jun 29, 2014
Leesha Starforge on Apr 28, 2015 wrote:
I am level 56, so soon I will be farming Waterworks. I had a very bad experience trying to get Zeus gear, and I'm just wondering if getting Waterworks gear is really hard to get, and if the drops are very frequent, because I REALLY don't want it to be like Zeus gear (although please tell me honest answers).

Leesha StarForge, level 56
Honest? The truth is You get the hat at the first try and you get the gear and boots at second time, its not actually very rare. The drop rate is pretty good. You dont have to worry, but just a tip the crafted level 56 hat better than watterworks hat, just my opinion.

Have a nice day! :D

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
well I honestly don't really know about the drop rate system for it but I can tell you the cheats. in the first boss its a angry looking squid his name is luska he drops the your school hat and mastery amulets the rest is the usual stuff bosses drop the person that goes first gets ink which means you can all hit or one hit I recommend one hitting if you go first. Every Round, Luska will INK at the beginning and every round after that on the first person ( ink is a smoke mantle ) and while he inks you he will put a trap on everyone else. If you aren't inked you can either help blade the first person ( optional ) or just blade your self and all attack or just keep everyone healed or just do a little of all. If other players cast a spell that gives more than one trap, only the first trap will be removed. When he loses 25% of his health (15,862) he starts to INK the second player (eye spot) each round as well. When he loses 50% of his health (10,575) he starts to INK the third player (star spot) each round as well. He never INKS the player in the last spot (moon spot) if I remember correctly then there is this cheat about the skeletal dragon forgot how its triggered

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
for the last boss his name is sylster glowstorm he puts up 2 types of doom and gloom but there are cheats to them.
At the beginning of the battle, even if you're going first, he will cast a white Doom and Gloom which only allows traps/prisms (any blades/charms will be removed with the white Doom and Gloom up). On the 4th round, Sylster will replace the white Doom and Gloom with a black one which allows only blades/charms (any traps/prisms will be removed). The first white Doom and Gloom is the only one with a duration of 3 rounds; all other Doom and Glooms cast by Sylster are 4 rounds in length. The removing of blades when the trap round starts can be stopped by casting a Dissipate on Sylster. if your storm you can use windstorm when trap bubble is up, all hits are safe to use any time of the battle ( I usually spam heal and spam forest lord ) You are only allowed to single-attack (including wand attacks) if the attack triggers a trap on the target or uses a blade on the caster ( depending on bubble ) If a single-attack does not use a trap and a white Doom and Gloom is up, it will say: "No Traps?!", but if you don't use a blade when the black Doom and Gloom is up, it will say: "No Blades?!" and they will cheat depending on who you hit. if you hit sylster he will ra like belloq does ( powerful ) if you hit the death shark he will scarecrow ( normal damage ) if you hit the fire fish he will rebirth :P he drops the whole set plus the life force blade and mastery amulets idk if you new all of this already but wanted to help so hope I did

Nick the wiz

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
Thanks for your help with everything. You're right! It's not as bad as Zeus gear! Am now at level 62. So far I have the hat and robe and I'm still trying to get my shoes. Thanks for your help guys.

Leesha StarForge, level 62

Survivor
Sep 30, 2013
carlosmi11 on Apr 29, 2015 wrote:
Honest? The truth is You get the hat at the first try and you get the gear and boots at second time, its not actually very rare. The drop rate is pretty good. You dont have to worry, but just a tip the crafted level 56 hat better than watterworks hat, just my opinion.

Have a nice day! :D
For a wiz its kinda rare for you to get the gear because your strong without, i got my gear at 65 farming it but don't worry it might be different for you though there is also gear at the bazaar that can help you farm it, if you have a higher level with you then you should blade him/her. It depends on the level thought and its also all up to you. If you want someone to help you out my name is Alric Strongstone and ill usally will be in the commons at Kraken, stormzilla, or Balestrom realm. Your friend -Jake/ Alric- :D

Survivor
Apr 12, 2012
Hmm, I see your so as one of the above post stated it is really rare for to get gear. On my storm I did WW at least 10 times and not one piece of gear. I hope this helps!

Brady Moonshard Level 100
Scot Giantforge level 70

"Ah! What we have here? Some kind of plucked bird? No, too
hairy,but not enough for an old cat. Perhaps you are a hairless jaguar cub?"
Yacate Firewalker

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
awesomewizardahoy on May 3, 2015 wrote:
Hmm, I see your so as one of the above post stated it is really rare for to get gear. On my storm I did WW at least 10 times and not one piece of gear. I hope this helps!

Scot Giantforge level 70

Yacate Firewalker
Superstitions. Your school has no effect whatsoever on your drops.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012

Scot Giantforge level 70

Yacate Firewalker
Just random luck. My storm got multiple sets all the gear in a handful of runs, my ice got the hat and robe in about 100 runs and never got boots (on the plus side ice found Life, Death, Fire & Balance Mastery amulets). School has nothing to do with drop rates. It's random and the same chances for every instance for every player.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
seethe42 on May 4, 2015 wrote:
Just random luck. My storm got multiple sets all the gear in a handful of runs, my ice got the hat and robe in about 100 runs and never got boots (on the plus side ice found Life, Death, Fire & Balance Mastery amulets). School has nothing to do with drop rates. It's random and the same chances for every instance for every player.
Wow, really?! That is some patience mixed with luck! I can't remember how much times I did Waterworks trying to find a Mastery Amulet. Oh, btw, are the Mastery Amulets trade-able to another character of your own account? Just wondering, in case I get a Mastery Amulet when I start farming again.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014

Scot Giantforge level 70

Yacate Firewalker
How is it rare for a Storm to get WW gear? I now have my full set. I got my set in about 16 or 17 runs. I will disagree with you, however I don't want to start an argument.

Leesha StarForge, level 66

Survivor
Apr 12, 2012
Leesha Starforge on May 5, 2015 wrote:
How is it rare for a Storm to get WW gear? I now have my full set. I got my set in about 16 or 17 runs. I will disagree with you, however I don't want to start an argument.

Leesha StarForge, level 66
Well I guess its that you were lucky and i wasn't so lucky. Enjoy your gear while I'll be searching the 'drains'.

Scot Giantforge Level 70

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Max Sterling on May 4, 2015 wrote:
Wow, really?! That is some patience mixed with luck! I can't remember how much times I did Waterworks trying to find a Mastery Amulet. Oh, btw, are the Mastery Amulets trade-able to another character of your own account? Just wondering, in case I get a Mastery Amulet when I start farming again.
Regarding your question about Mastery Amulets...
Yes, you can transfer them via the Shared Bank.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
TucsonWizard on May 7, 2015 wrote:
Regarding your question about Mastery Amulets...
Yes, you can transfer them via the Shared Bank.
Thanks TusconWizard

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Max Sterling on May 4, 2015 wrote:
Yes Mastery Amulets are trade-able. I pass my Life Mastery around between my wizards quite a lot.