Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My issues with the One-Shot Dungeons.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 20, 2008
The idea is cool don't get me wrong, but...Really? I wanted too look inside them before i actually PLAYED on them, but, when i come back to actually play on them, I can't use them. Okay, yeah, they ARE ONESHOT DUNGEONS, Meaning they can only be used once, but really? That doesn't seem to smart, or "Family Fun" having to repeatedly buy the same stinking dungeon over and over and over and over again, just to play it again. I just bought one, and, without knowing that they become a trophy after being used, JUST to check the inside. I can't use it anymore, I didn't even get to do the first battleon it.

I was pretty hyped when i heard i'd be able to buy housing dungeons in the crowns shop, really, happy and excited, because i saw it as a chance to get more 4 star ratings for my house (Which hasn't hardly gotten any visits.)
Now, i cannot use these things i just bought, because I didn't know when they were being released and Didn't know much about them to begin with.

Sure, It is my fault for not reading the post on them, but, come on. Really? It can only be used once ever? Why not a once a day thing? Make it more fair so people don't have to repeatedly waste money on the same dungeon over and over again.

Sure, people can just choose to never buy it again, and go to a friend who has it, but what about players who prefer soloing, staying away from others, have little money and nothing to do until the next new world? Just let them play the Winterbane another Fifty-Million times?

It just seems kinda dumb to me to make a dungeon that can be used only once and, (At least in my opinion) Seems like a somewhat cheap way to make money. Thats just me.

ANYWAY, The jewels are really awesome, I love the idea that i can now raise my other stats without having to switch armour, although jewels should be SLIGHTLY, more common in Avalon, my friend and my brother have a waffle-load of jewels from Mooshu, Dragonspyre, Celestia, and all worlds bellow. Besides worlds like Zafaria and Avalon.

Anyway, this was just stuff i wanted to say about the One-shot dungeons specifically. I am pretty sure they are fun, but, I haven't been able to use them, since they can only take ONE use, and I, accidently, didn't pay attention to that fact, and just wasted BOTH of the uses they had in 2 minutes, and didn't do a single battle, because all i wanted to do before I actually PLAYED them was to CHECK what they looked like.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Think of it this way: they are a little more expensive than a horde pack because you get more items. So far, I've gotten the stained glass pet, boots, robes, hats, gardening plants (Vampire Carrots!), tons of reagents, some cool treasure cards, and a few housing items.

I have a Tanglewood one left, so if you want to run through it, look for Erin Dusk Weaver Friday in the Kelvin realm. Odds are, I will be in the Drake Hatchery, trying to catch a Purple Grunion, or sobbing in the Commons because I failed to catch it again.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
well it would be kind of crazy if they actually let us buy permanent dungeons from the crowns shop for only 500 crowns anyways. we always get those type of dungeons from bundles. its great in my opinion mainly because : its only 500 crowns which is a great price for a one shot dungeon that can only be played once at least they didnt make it 1000 crowns each one you buy. matter of a fact it probably wouldn't even be 1000 probably even more because it would be a permanent dungeon. I think it's pretty fair

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
and for the future dungeon bundles they might start making every home dungeon except winterbane and pagoda a locked dungeon meaning the dungeon could only be played with the person that owns it which is also fair cuz you don't want to put your house on the tour and not have anything in your house but the dungeon and get a 5 star rating because of the dungeons and someone else has a awesome house tht looks like the person spent time on O: plus people wouldnt crowd your house so much to the point where you can't even port home due to to full capacity because when people find dungeons that house will become a vacation for every wiz in the game that knows about it but other then that like you said you didnt know about the one shot dungeons and i'm not trying to be rude was just voicing my opinion of your opinion

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
At first I was mostly indifferent about these one-shot dungeons as far as usage and price go.

I think the price is reasonable. I will buy enough of the dungeons so that all of my wizards can complete them, but it's not attractive to me to keep buying them after I've completed them once. However the same can be said about Winterbane and Pagoda. I run them once with each wizard and that's it, yet I've paid for unlimited use.

And from that perspective I must admit that it's more attractive to me to buy these one shot dungeons than it is to wait for months for bundles like Winterbane or Pagoda to be available for purchase in Canada. Then you pay $40+ for a bunch of stuff that you don't even necessarily want in the bundle just to get the gauntlets.

From that perspective I'd prefer if all housing gauntlets/dungeons were available in this format, from price, to usage (one use only), to the ability to set the level. The level setting especially would be so great. I spent 4 hours last night doing Winterbane at level 100, while I did two runs of Baddle of the Bands in about an hour at level 20.

Setting the level is perfect. Some people want a crazy challenge with lots of rewards, some people just want to do it and get out to get on with other things. This option provides an option to satisfy everybody without excluding anybody.

The more I think about it, the more I like what KI has done with these dungeons. Sorry for questioning their value during the test realm discussions.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Well my issue was just a little more on the i made a mistake and now i am being a whining about it. I get that they are supposed to be used one time, and thats fine, don't get me wrong, but i just really hope they put permanent ones in there.

Also, i don't know if it was a friend, or Kingsisle, but i ended up with them gifted to me today upon logging on.

It was kinda weird.

Administrator
KieranMoonFlame on Apr 24, 2015 wrote:
Well my issue was just a little more on the i made a mistake and now i am being a whining about it. I get that they are supposed to be used one time, and thats fine, don't get me wrong, but i just really hope they put permanent ones in there.

Also, i don't know if it was a friend, or Kingsisle, but i ended up with them gifted to me today upon logging on.

It was kinda weird.
You might want to check the email attached to your game account.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Aug 01, 2013
The thing i hate about the dungeons is the drop rate for the mount is just not fair at all i farm a bunch and still no mount at all.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i love the one-shot dungeons; they are fun and. even at level 100, not stupidly complicated. i bought a few for myself, and was gifted 2 of each by a good friend... needless to say, i have enjoyed them (by myself and with friends).

i haven't gotten any pet or mount drops, but a return to the fun of the game does not have a price tag.

as high five ghost mentioned, these are a great alternative for those of us non-american players, who have to wait up to a year for the bundles to become available online. these one-shpt dungeons were so much fun that i would be willing to pay a higher price (i think 5000ish crowns would be fair) for a permanent version.

-von

Survivor
Oct 21, 2012
I went inside to see what it looked like and what it is like before I did it with a friend then when i went out and was about to do it with my friend it did not have the thing on the front to get in and it said battle of the band trophy not battle of the bands gauntlet.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
Hi. These new " One Shot " Dungeons can be obtained from " Drops " in battles. I farm Mirror lake in Zafaria a lot for pet snacks. Now all the new Dungeons are dropping there. I have gotten quite a few of them. I seem to get more " Archmage " Dungeons, but am getting some Exalted ones too. So no worries about buying them all the time. My group of friends also farm for them a lot. Between us we always have some of them. We are having a lot of fun doing them, and getting some nice Mounts, and other drops. I do know there are lots of places to go after dropped one shot dungeons, at all levels. Thank you.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Dr Von on May 31, 2015 wrote:
i love the one-shot dungeons; they are fun and. even at level 100, not stupidly complicated. i bought a few for myself, and was gifted 2 of each by a good friend... needless to say, i have enjoyed them (by myself and with friends).

i haven't gotten any pet or mount drops, but a return to the fun of the game does not have a price tag.

as high five ghost mentioned, these are a great alternative for those of us non-american players, who have to wait up to a year for the bundles to become available online. these one-shpt dungeons were so much fun that i would be willing to pay a higher price (i think 5000ish crowns would be fair) for a permanent version.

-von
And, the gear is comparable to Darkmoor without the time commitment. This might be a replacement for Dreadmoor for you. :)