Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why Darkmoor spells should be non-PVP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
Ok, before I start I just want to say that I LOVE the new Darkmoor update and the spells, and gear. All of it looks amazing and Kingsisle did a wonderful job at making everything. However I feel like the new lvl 100 Darkmoor spells are simply too powerful to be used in PVP. Take call of Khrulhu for an example, that's literally a 5 pip aoe version of Von's Monster. And yes I know it has a shadow pip to it but with malistare's gear it doesn't take very long to get a shadow pip, and its only 5 normal pips. So people can just sit there and spam it turn after turn and take away a giant portion of your health. These new spells have made almost all of my opponets very predictable. It's usually shrike or infall then start spamming the new shadow enhanced spells. There's no strategy or planning into it, its became about luck and who goes first. So i feel without strategy PVP has became not so fun. This is why I have started to do 1v1s on my legendary wiz instead. Anyone else agree with what I have to say?

Edward DragonFlame lvl 100

Edward DragonBlade lvl 60

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
SenseiOfFlame on Apr 15, 2015 wrote:
Ok, before I start I just want to say that I LOVE the new Darkmoor update and the spells, and gear. All of it looks amazing and Kingsisle did a wonderful job at making everything. However I feel like the new lvl 100 Darkmoor spells are simply too powerful to be used in PVP. Take call of Khrulhu for an example, that's literally a 5 pip aoe version of Von's Monster. And yes I know it has a shadow pip to it but with malistare's gear it doesn't take very long to get a shadow pip, and its only 5 normal pips. So people can just sit there and spam it turn after turn and take away a giant portion of your health. These new spells have made almost all of my opponets very predictable. It's usually shrike or infall then start spamming the new shadow enhanced spells. There's no strategy or planning into it, its became about luck and who goes first. So i feel without strategy PVP has became not so fun. This is why I have started to do 1v1s on my legendary wiz instead. Anyone else agree with what I have to say?

Edward DragonFlame lvl 100

Edward DragonBlade lvl 60
aoe spell would and not ice/life don't hardly get any luck in pvp (ice had full there immunity) people complain about immunity wouldn't be shadow magic make pvp more easy and balance (beside) don't think not going nothing about it "people of sick of complain" likely to storm most then ice (ice agree storm more overpower then ice) ice only overpower when they are tank lower level don't have shadow magic but not overpower ice wizard more offense!

did chance shadow enhanced spell "non-pvp" for people only school got aoe "not for myth" but non-pvp for death/storm unless increase death but nerf storm!

no mostly people complain about ice because storm/fire resist but resist doesn't matter anymore because armor pierce so, can't hardly use it anyways "no more offense now" take out storm wizard faster "trouble defeat storm" others school give ice shield "can't convert" ice wizard convert is fire "mostly others school give them ice shield more likely use Thermic Shield!

but wish shadow shrike/armor pierce/critical and overpower spell mostly unfair for others school need to stop! mostly everybody complain on ice rather then ice so, can't nothing in pvp "ice hardly ever win pvp" why so, hackers in wizard101 hog pvp so, much and don't take turn to share and let somebody else win for once so, have chance to shine!

hope unbalance pvp before 3age "sick of warlord" been dozen pvp "already have a warlord badge"
-----------------------------
I would make new rules of pvp and add more hall monitor and hope do it soon before "Next member benefits for free tournament pvp!

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
JustinFrostHunter on Apr 17, 2015 wrote:
aoe spell would and not ice/life don't hardly get any luck in pvp (ice had full there immunity) people complain about immunity wouldn't be shadow magic make pvp more easy and balance (beside) don't think not going nothing about it "people of sick of complain" likely to storm most then ice (ice agree storm more overpower then ice) ice only overpower when they are tank lower level don't have shadow magic but not overpower ice wizard more offense!

did chance shadow enhanced spell "non-pvp" for people only school got aoe "not for myth" but non-pvp for death/storm unless increase death but nerf storm!

no mostly people complain about ice because storm/fire resist but resist doesn't matter anymore because armor pierce so, can't hardly use it anyways "no more offense now" take out storm wizard faster "trouble defeat storm" others school give ice shield "can't convert" ice wizard convert is fire "mostly others school give them ice shield more likely use Thermic Shield!

but wish shadow shrike/armor pierce/critical and overpower spell mostly unfair for others school need to stop! mostly everybody complain on ice rather then ice so, can't nothing in pvp "ice hardly ever win pvp" why so, hackers in wizard101 hog pvp so, much and don't take turn to share and let somebody else win for once so, have chance to shine!

hope unbalance pvp before 3age "sick of warlord" been dozen pvp "already have a warlord badge"
-----------------------------
I would make new rules of pvp and add more hall monitor and hope do it soon before "Next member benefits for free tournament pvp!
Uh what? I rarely see Ice having a tough time when I watch matches. Ice can get Shadow Shrike, Armor Pierce (it gets 5% more from it's Khrysalis Bubble compared to the other schools!), Critical is kind of a problem I agree with you there, and Abominable Weaver is the same damage as Life's Hungry Caterpillar which is pretty good. If anyone should be complaining about being underpowered it should be Myth since the last time it really dominated in PvP from what I hear was Pre-Celestia which was 50 Levels and nearly 5 years ago. I haven't seen an Ice really set for a school in max level PvP since Pre-Aquila (mostly Levels 70-90) and haven't heard any Storm or Fire (including myself since I'm a Fire) complain about Ice's resist since Aquila. In both ages many schools have shined and in the Second Age from my memory so far are Ice, Storm, and Balance with Life and Fire not far behind (I'm sure Death or Myth have at one point but I forgot). In my experience I've lost to many ices before which all used spells that enhanced their pierce and most had 80+ damage which is high for ice. There really isn't too much of an excuse why Ice can't use Shadow Shrike, Pierce, and their best spell Abominable Weaver.

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
Its WAY too strong for pvp. Even legendary wizards stack the lost matches, before the new spells they had chances of killing an exalted but now, its impossible. Those spells do a thousand for 5 pips, we can't block their critical = 2000, they usually have a damage of 100% so the attack should do around 4000. My legendary wizard have 3400 lives. We have resist, but they have high pierce and shrike.

So ranked pvp basically became unfair for warlords in those levels : 60 to 90.
Ranked PvP is no more about strategy for exalted fellows. Its the one who has the first shadow pip that wins.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
Alex watersinger on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
Its WAY too strong for pvp. Even legendary wizards stack the lost matches, before the new spells they had chances of killing an exalted but now, its impossible. Those spells do a thousand for 5 pips, we can't block their critical = 2000, they usually have a damage of 100% so the attack should do around 4000. My legendary wizard have 3400 lives. We have resist, but they have high pierce and shrike.

So ranked pvp basically became unfair for warlords in those levels : 60 to 90.
Ranked PvP is no more about strategy for exalted fellows. Its the one who has the first shadow pip that wins.
Well, when I posted this I had yet to face a exalted on my legendary wiz until like 2 days after. I pretty much jinxed myself by posting this. I really want Kingsisle to fix this whole matchmaking thing. They need to make it where you can find an opponent not only your skill level, but your actual level.