Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The drop rate

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 12, 2014
So I have been farming for Blade of the felled titan for 3 straight days
It gives pretty good stats
however I have defeated Cronus about 80 times?
I still haven't gotten the athame.

Now I understand that people are also having trouble getting their own piece of gear
but hear me out
Everybody that i have seen gotten their athame in under 10 runs
I seen some people that gotten it after so many runs but seriously
what is with this drop rate?

My character is a Ice school
I decided not to level until I get this athame because it would be more easier for me from lvl 91~100

Man even waterworks set wasn't that bad
It took me 25 runs to get the whole set

but in all honestly
what is this drop rate?

I think I have gotten every other athame from cronus except Blade of the felled titan

Come on KI, I have done 80 runs of cronus
and nothing good.

I believe i have made probably 20 sets of senator?

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
DeliciousGloves on Apr 10, 2015 wrote:
So I have been farming for Blade of the felled titan for 3 straight days
It gives pretty good stats
however I have defeated Cronus about 80 times?
I still haven't gotten the athame.

Now I understand that people are also having trouble getting their own piece of gear
but hear me out
Everybody that i have seen gotten their athame in under 10 runs
I seen some people that gotten it after so many runs but seriously
what is with this drop rate?

My character is a Ice school
I decided not to level until I get this athame because it would be more easier for me from lvl 91~100

Man even waterworks set wasn't that bad
It took me 25 runs to get the whole set

but in all honestly
what is this drop rate?

I think I have gotten every other athame from cronus except Blade of the felled titan

Come on KI, I have done 80 runs of cronus
and nothing good.

I believe i have made probably 20 sets of senator?
It's just the way it goes with all drops. You even said you've seen people get their drop in 10 runs or less. Some get lucky, others don't. I've seen people (myself included with one wizard) get a spell drop in their first run at the Loremaster and I've seen people (myself included with a different wizard) that have gone a few times daily for a month with no luck. Same thing goes with Waterworks, Gladiator Dimachaerus, Morganthe etc.
Look at it this way...all those other wizards are saying "dang, Delicious Gloves got all of the athames I want but all I have are a bunch of these Blades of the Felled Titan" and I can't get the one I want.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2014
TucsonWizard on Apr 10, 2015 wrote:
It's just the way it goes with all drops. You even said you've seen people get their drop in 10 runs or less. Some get lucky, others don't. I've seen people (myself included with one wizard) get a spell drop in their first run at the Loremaster and I've seen people (myself included with a different wizard) that have gone a few times daily for a month with no luck. Same thing goes with Waterworks, Gladiator Dimachaerus, Morganthe etc.
Look at it this way...all those other wizards are saying "dang, Delicious Gloves got all of the athames I want but all I have are a bunch of these Blades of the Felled Titan" and I can't get the one I want.
Yeah I understand what you are saying

It just makes me mad seeing that not one person
has to do many runs as I have

I went through the forums and saw this guy do like 135 runs and still haven't gotten it yet

but yeah I guess it is just random

Archon
Sep 17, 2012

I went through the forums and saw this guy do like 135 runs and still haven't gotten it yet

It took me probably 300+ runs to get it, though I did it mostly solo. Several friends helping me at the time got multiple drops of it while we farmed. It's all just luck. The ring was opposite for me, I've gotten multiple copies while helping others and got my first in a less than 20 tries.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2014
Alright just a quick update

I got my athame (woo woo)
but it took me around 110 runs?
lol k

Defender
Oct 22, 2012
There probably are people who have made more runs. I don't know that magic percent drop rate they have on it, but my luck most of the time seems to be on the side wondering if they actually drop something. I wish KI would look in to doing a base percentage then as you farm for something the odds would increase. That 100 sided coin flip can really get old.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011

"It just makes me mad seeing that not one person has to do many runs as I have." That's something you cannot possibly know. Please don't establish such things as facts.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2011
What i think is that, the more spells you cast and more damage you do or how much you heal. Increases the chance of gettiing certain gear or athames that you would want. on my fire wizard. I got the Waterworks robe and hat in one run. And during that one run i was helping out aa lot by blading and attacking. I hope this helped. Steven Soul Stalker 100 Anthony Swift 93

Survivor
Aug 24, 2011
for the first time I did Cronus I got blade of felled titan first try Steven Soul Stalker 100 Anthony Swift 93

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Steven Soul on Apr 11, 2015 wrote:
What i think is that, the more spells you cast and more damage you do or how much you heal. Increases the chance of gettiing certain gear or athames that you would want. on my fire wizard. I got the Waterworks robe and hat in one run. And during that one run i was helping out aa lot by blading and attacking. I hope this helped. Steven Soul Stalker 100 Anthony Swift 93
None of that is true. Drop rates are not affected by anything done in battle except being alive when the battle ends and not having fled after the boss was killed.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2011
seethe42 on Apr 13, 2015 wrote:
None of that is true. Drop rates are not affected by anything done in battle except being alive when the battle ends and not having fled after the boss was killed.
Well that's what I always experience

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Steven Soul on Apr 14, 2015 wrote:
Well that's what I always experience
False. You thought it was true, so it felt true.

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
lewski on Apr 15, 2015 wrote:
False. You thought it was true, so it felt true.
Lewski, Seethe, a developer said that? How can you be sure it is false?

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Drops are simple. Defeating a boss is an event. When that happens the system generates random numbers for each player. Those correspond to items that you get from a loot table. Nothing that happened before that event (beating the boss) matters. Nothing is remembered after that. So the game doesn't "know" what you did in battle, or who cast what, and it doesn't know how many or how few times you've done that fight. All of that is luck. The drop rate is simply the odds of getting something. So if the random number was 1 to 50, and there was a single chance for an item, the drop rate would be 2% The expected tries to get it would be 50, but since it's chance you might get it in 3 or not get it in 100. It's like rolling dice or spinning a roulette wheel.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Alex watersinger on Apr 16, 2015 wrote:
The dev team has said it several times that actions in battles have no effect on drops. They are random and the same chances for everyone.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Alex watersinger on Apr 16, 2015 wrote:
There are statements made by game developers on this forum and many others that indicate exactly what these guys are saying. Drop rate is strictly random and isn't influenced by any action you take while in a battle. You can try anything you want and if it works for you and you feel comfortable thinking it had something to do with your drop then more power to you. But because it happened to work doesn't really prove anything. You have a set percentage chance to get a drop that you want. For sake of argument, let's say you have a 1/100 chance of getting something. That chance is not cumulative... it resets every time you try so that means you won't necessarily get one successful drop every one hundred times you try. You might get five. You might get none. Random is the key word.