Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Boss Drop Rates

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
I don't know if anyone else is having this issue but I am sure they are in getting Morganthe to drop an athame or blade. I know this is considered a "rare" drop but it is non-existent not "rare" and this is becoming an issue with most bosses! I am siting Morganthe because I have ran my fire, storm, balance, and life through that dungeon going on three week and over a 120 runs combined and have gotten nothing but wands, pet, and gear I will not use!

My apologies and I know KI is tired of hearing these types of complaints but because I am a paying customer and do love the game, as well as enjoying the challenge of making my wizards the best they can be, I am starting to get bored with having to the same battle(s) over and over again to get nothing! I have to suggest making "rare" drops a little more accessible. It would be more enjoyable if at least out of every 10 to 15 runs you got something!

I know there are other things I can do, which I have been but am becoming bored with those options as well!

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Michied665 on Mar 13, 2015 wrote:
I don't know if anyone else is having this issue but I am sure they are in getting Morganthe to drop an athame or blade. I know this is considered a "rare" drop but it is non-existent not "rare" and this is becoming an issue with most bosses! I am siting Morganthe because I have ran my fire, storm, balance, and life through that dungeon going on three week and over a 120 runs combined and have gotten nothing but wands, pet, and gear I will not use!

My apologies and I know KI is tired of hearing these types of complaints but because I am a paying customer and do love the game, as well as enjoying the challenge of making my wizards the best they can be, I am starting to get bored with having to the same battle(s) over and over again to get nothing! I have to suggest making "rare" drops a little more accessible. It would be more enjoyable if at least out of every 10 to 15 runs you got something!

I know there are other things I can do, which I have been but am becoming bored with those options as well!
You could go farm Darkmoor, the drop rates are better and the athames are about as good as the ones from Morganthe. The only reason to farm Morganthe (for me at least) would be the amulet, which gives an extra blade (or was it two?) and some small extra stats.