Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Spell Ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
These spells should make the game more fun to play:

Spell Burn: 4 pips, 105 damage and discard a random spells from the opponent's hand

Eagle's Eye: 3 pips, reveal all enemies actions (indefinitely until the caster gets 400+ damage after the spell is cast) (self-only)

Mana Freeze: 5 pips, opponent stop gaining pips for 3 rounds (pip-giving spells and shadow pips are not affected)

Pioneers: 7 pips, team will go first (if team is currently going second)

Persistence: 6 pips, mutually share health and damage with an ally (ally is still able to fight with 0 health. In that case, damage done on ally will be inflicted on caster's health) (until both have 0 health)(healing would still do individually)

Discharge: 3 pips, limit opponent to and self to 3 pip slots for 3 rounds (excess pips will be removed)

(Linking Pain): 5 pips, target takes 65% of incoming damage on caster for 3 rounds (regardless of shields and resistance)

All spells are manipulative spells and have 100% accuracy. Like?

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
Umbalaxibua on Mar 1, 2015 wrote:
These spells should make the game more fun to play:

Spell Burn: 4 pips, 105 damage and discard a random spells from the opponent's hand

Eagle's Eye: 3 pips, reveal all enemies actions (indefinitely until the caster gets 400+ damage after the spell is cast) (self-only)

Mana Freeze: 5 pips, opponent stop gaining pips for 3 rounds (pip-giving spells and shadow pips are not affected)

Pioneers: 7 pips, team will go first (if team is currently going second)

Persistence: 6 pips, mutually share health and damage with an ally (ally is still able to fight with 0 health. In that case, damage done on ally will be inflicted on caster's health) (until both have 0 health)(healing would still do individually)

Discharge: 3 pips, limit opponent to and self to 3 pip slots for 3 rounds (excess pips will be removed)

(Linking Pain): 5 pips, target takes 65% of incoming damage on caster for 3 rounds (regardless of shields and resistance)

All spells are manipulative spells and have 100% accuracy. Like?
I like the idea and kinda think that some of the spells are over powered so here the ones i think are good and the ones i think need work

perfect

way to over powered only because a ice could cast a frozen armor spell on them then everybody could see you moves

kinda seem lame to me compare to the other spells and truthfully not really something i want as a spell

perfect

perfect

seem kinda like the spell messes you up unless your just bladeing up or on a team

perfect

This would be a fun idea but i really think the is way to over powered for a spell and the would just kinda be lame compare to all the rest and really wouldn't have a use for it unless they where in a team or bladeing them self

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
sliver moon wolf on Mar 2, 2015 wrote:
I like the idea and kinda think that some of the spells are over powered so here the ones i think are good and the ones i think need work

perfect

way to over powered only because a ice could cast a frozen armor spell on them then everybody could see you moves

kinda seem lame to me compare to the other spells and truthfully not really something i want as a spell

perfect

perfect

seem kinda like the spell messes you up unless your just bladeing up or on a team

perfect

This would be a fun idea but i really think the is way to over powered for a spell and the would just kinda be lame compare to all the rest and really wouldn't have a use for it unless they where in a team or bladeing them self
Thank you for your reply, Wolf!

The myth spell the reason I make it last indefinitely because people could just wait till the last few seconds of the planning phase to pick their moves so it would be useless if it only last say 3 rounds. Also, only the myth wizard who casted the spell would be able to see, his/her teammates wont see anything. so it's up to him to communicate with his team about the opponents' moves within the 30 sec of planning phase. Plus, using frozen is very costly and I rarely see an ice wizard ever using it in PvP.

For the ice spell, I think it's a very strategic spell to use if you use it right. Your opponent would be depleted of pips for 3 rounds while you are still gaining pips and preparing for your big attack. It would also be a good counter for shadow shrike.

Now, about the storm spell, it would be useful for storm wizards because they are constantly using their pips for attacking and usually don't hoard that much pips. so it would be advantageous for them to make their opponent to lose overloaded pips and suffer the same situation, and so it forces the opponent to play the same way a storm wiz does. On the other hand, storm can unleash big damage at low pips so it wont be too bad. It would be a perfect counter for shadow shrike.

How would you change the spells to make them more reasonable and fair to play? Or do you have any new idea? I'd love to hear from you again.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
Umbalaxibua on Mar 4, 2015 wrote:
Thank you for your reply, Wolf!

The myth spell the reason I make it last indefinitely because people could just wait till the last few seconds of the planning phase to pick their moves so it would be useless if it only last say 3 rounds. Also, only the myth wizard who casted the spell would be able to see, his/her teammates wont see anything. so it's up to him to communicate with his team about the opponents' moves within the 30 sec of planning phase. Plus, using frozen is very costly and I rarely see an ice wizard ever using it in PvP.

For the ice spell, I think it's a very strategic spell to use if you use it right. Your opponent would be depleted of pips for 3 rounds while you are still gaining pips and preparing for your big attack. It would also be a good counter for shadow shrike.

Now, about the storm spell, it would be useful for storm wizards because they are constantly using their pips for attacking and usually don't hoard that much pips. so it would be advantageous for them to make their opponent to lose overloaded pips and suffer the same situation, and so it forces the opponent to play the same way a storm wiz does. On the other hand, storm can unleash big damage at low pips so it wont be too bad. It would be a perfect counter for shadow shrike.

How would you change the spells to make them more reasonable and fair to play? Or do you have any new idea? I'd love to hear from you again.
OK the myth perfect now

also you said ice wouldn't affect shadow magic

Storm spell that are 3 pips are storm shark, wild, insane bolt (nobody would use unless healer there to spam heals), lighting bats and storm snake. Then you blades and traps that don't cost to many pips But you got to think at higher level people have 100% resistance and block even with shrike the spells would still be to weak to really get good damge

Maybe something like this for storm

name
level 30
cost 5 pip
when cast this spell takes any storm blades on enemy side and give it to caster also removes anything else on the enemy side that is a blade if it was not given to caster. But when cast the caster can't use anything but 3 pip spells for 3 rounds also a person the caster chose before casting the spell will also only be able to use 3 pips spells for 3 rounds.

that way higher level have a use for it but it still have that pip affect