Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 2-20-15

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Well, hello again Wizards! It's been a quick trip around the days of the calendar, but here we are again at Friday. So, let's chat!

Today, we'd like to discuss skeleton keys. These magical keys started appearing in certain areas of the Spiral last update. My question is: have you obtained a wood, stone, or gold skeleton key? If so, what door(s) have you unlocked? Have you decorated your walls with them?

Happy Friday, and a lovely weekend to all!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
I have gotten many gold skeleton keys farming darkmoor; I have around seven now!

Survivor
Sep 24, 2014
I have two wooden keys I am and did pagoda of balance and got balance pet

Survivor
Sep 24, 2014
Hi Alex Shadowmancer here I am and did pagoda of balance got balance pet wooden key, I have another wooden key but don't know what for yet.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
A year later I just found this out? What are they for? Where do they drop from? What do they open & where?

Survivor
Sep 20, 2013
I have got two wood and one stone key but as of now I haven't used any of the keys they do make good wall decorations.

Survivor
May 14, 2011
I still have a wood skeletal key, i have had several ones before which i used in the Hallow Mountain dungeon ( at the left side of the fight before the end boss in there) . Didn't know you could put them on your walls? Anyways, i never had a stone or skeleton one, how to you achieve them?
ps: Keep up the nice updates and do something more on the graphical things

Nathan Anglegem(Jacob irl)

Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
I didn't know these were in the game. I will need to look for one.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2010
I went in Upper Zigazag last night and used the stone key and wooden key in the two hidden rooms. Did entire dungeon and left out with 3 pets and the permanent mander mount. I'd say that has been my best run yet.

Community Leader
I've obtained all three types.

Since I'm a max level wizard, I've opened the gold skeleton key door in the first part of Darkmoor the most. I'm still hoping for either the Myth or Life mastery that drops from there.

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.
Survivor
Jun 23, 2012
My friends and I would have so many keys, we would be farming the chest in the first part of dungeon in darkmoor. And when we open more chests, we get even more keys. It sure is too good to be not true. lol XD

Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
I have found a couple of skeleton keys not sure which doors they open only found one wooden key found them up in the new kroktopia part the hound dog where you have to rescue him

Defender
May 09, 2010
Happy Feedback-Friday to all!

I do enjoy the aspect of skeleton keys. It adds more replay-ability to the dungeons we finish. It's a system that could be further expanded on in the future. I like them!

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
After collecting 16 gold keys, I started putting them up on walls in my houses. It would be fantastic if more doors leading to boss fights and treasure chests were available throughout the entire game. Additionally, it would be really cool, if these keys open doors to new quests and storylines too.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I have one or two of the wood and stone, and a few gold. I've used a few already. It's a fun idea. I'd do more farming for/with gold keys IF:

The Darkmoor mastery type amulets could be put in the shared bank like other mastery and crown items. It seems a mistake that they are no-trade.

Bunferatu dropped anything useful or cool.

Hero
May 02, 2009
CalamityWizard101 on Feb 20, 2015 wrote:
A year later I just found this out? What are they for? Where do they drop from? What do they open & where?
They're for skeleton lock doors found within some of the 4 dungeons.. Behind the doors can contain either a chest or a boss fight, some of which do have some cheats of their own, so watch out for that. As for where they drop at, why in the dungeons themselves of course.

Anyways, in regards to the OP, I have gotten and used a few in all of the dungeons myself. I haven't been able to decorate my houses with them because I simply don't have enough of them to do so yet.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Professor Falmea on Feb 20, 2015 wrote:
Well, hello again Wizards! It's been a quick trip around the days of the calendar, but here we are again at Friday. So, let's chat!

Today, we'd like to discuss skeleton keys. These magical keys started appearing in certain areas of the Spiral last update. My question is: have you obtained a wood, stone, or gold skeleton key? If so, what door(s) have you unlocked? Have you decorated your walls with them?

Happy Friday, and a lovely weekend to all!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I obtained Wooden Skeleton Keys, so far, and I used my second key to find a secret boss in the Hollow Mountains. I really like finding more secret bosses through using Skeleton Keys, along with finding rooms that contain more loot than before! It's such an amazing idea to use! This should be broadened to previous dungeons, especially those in the Morganthe arc! If this could be later implemented in arc 3's dungeons, that would be amazing! Keep up with this amazing system! I would like to see more dungeons containing Skeleton Keys with more secret bosses & hidden treasure rooms like these!

Maybe this kind of system could be adapted for our pirating friends over at Pirate101. Perhaps you should talk this over with the P101 team, if you get the chance. They would like to see that kind of system adapted into their game...

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Hidden prizes and bosses are always fun. Thanks for adding those. I hope for more to come.

There should be a badge for beating Bunferatu.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Dakota Death on Feb 23, 2015 wrote:
Hidden prizes and bosses are always fun. Thanks for adding those. I hope for more to come.

There should be a badge for beating Bunferatu.
Actually, there should be badges for defeating the recent dungeons' secret bosses, like Marleybone's secret bosses, Smogger & Spike the Crusher, & MooShu's secret bosses do, although only one secret boss in MooShu, Youkai, does award a badge for defeating that boss, not like the other two, Yakedo & Akuji. These two secret bosses should have badges added for defeating them.

Regardless, there should be badges for defeating the secret bosses of Hollow Mountain, State Wing, Lower Zigazag, House of Scales, & Castle Darkmoor's Upper Halls added.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
I love the keys and have a few gold and a couple of wooden and stone which I share amongst my Wizards.
I'd like to see a rare platinum key which could be used to go to a new side quest world in one of the existing worlds. The key itself could be used to unlock the door to the world or another chest but I'd prefer it to unlock a world where the bosses drop new pets, gear etc, this world could have ordinary wooden and silver chests with larger gold drops.

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
I've gotten one key. it's still sitting in my bank. not sure if I'll ever use it, actually.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Enlightened One on Feb 24, 2015 wrote:
I love the keys and have a few gold and a couple of wooden and stone which I share amongst my Wizards.
I'd like to see a rare platinum key which could be used to go to a new side quest world in one of the existing worlds. The key itself could be used to unlock the door to the world or another chest but I'd prefer it to unlock a world where the bosses drop new pets, gear etc, this world could have ordinary wooden and silver chests with larger gold drops.
A rare platinum Skeleton Key would be a very interesting item to get from more tougher bosses, though, with that, I would like to see bronze & silver Skeleton Keys added with them, too. We got wood, stone & gold Skeleton Keys, so why not add in bronze, silver & rare platinum Skeleton Keys, too?

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Trimond297 on Feb 23, 2015 wrote:
Actually, there should be badges for defeating the recent dungeons' secret bosses, like Marleybone's secret bosses, Smogger & Spike the Crusher, & MooShu's secret bosses do, although only one secret boss in MooShu, Youkai, does award a badge for defeating that boss, not like the other two, Yakedo & Akuji. These two secret bosses should have badges added for defeating them.

Regardless, there should be badges for defeating the secret bosses of Hollow Mountain, State Wing, Lower Zigazag, House of Scales, & Castle Darkmoor's Upper Halls added.
I like those suggestions. Part of the fun of secret bosses is getting a unique badge. Unusual drops are good too, and they don't have to be OP or elite gear, just something useful and different (like a unique combo of stats or spell card) or special cosmetically like school logo gear, interesting housing items, or cool pets.

I think the key/box/secret bosses were a great addition to a wonderful update. I hope we'll get more.

Dropping a new boss behind a hidden door is a sure way to keep us busy for a while, and there are many spots where that could be done.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i have about 20 gold keys from darkmoor that are currently collecting dust in my backpack... and that's just on my balance wizard, never mind that storm and death have a few as well.

i used some on the treasure chests already, but i'm saving the rest (because i am secretly hoping that a token system will be implemented at some point and that i'll be able to trade them for gear i'll never see otherwise).

-von
exalted

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Gemma Luna on Feb 26, 2015 wrote:
I like those suggestions. Part of the fun of secret bosses is getting a unique badge. Unusual drops are good too, and they don't have to be OP or elite gear, just something useful and different (like a unique combo of stats or spell card) or special cosmetically like school logo gear, interesting housing items, or cool pets.

I think the key/box/secret bosses were a great addition to a wonderful update. I hope we'll get more.

Dropping a new boss behind a hidden door is a sure way to keep us busy for a while, and there are many spots where that could be done.
So do I, Gemma Luna. So do I...

Oh! Almost forgot one thing! We have two secret bosses that have Second Chance Chests, Marleybone's Smogger & Spike the Crusher. However, the secret bosses in MooShu, Yakedo, Akuji & Youkai don't have their SCCs right now, along with the new dungeons' secret bosses, too. Other than obtaining badges from secret bosses, they should also have SCCs that appears right after we defeat them, too. Smogger & Spike the Crusher are those secret bosses that have them right now, so I believe that Yakedo, Akuji, Youkai, along with the new dungeons' secret bosses, should have SCCs added, too. They drop such unique custom loot that many Wizards have been getting, so I think we should see these secret bosses receive Second Chance Chests, don't you agree?