Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sir Blackwater- Impossible

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 02, 2010
There is a fine line between challenging and tedious, mind-racking and impossible.

Whenever you hit this boss (located in the 1st dungeon of Darkmoor), he's going to heal himself in some way or another. Usually it is Healing Current which gives him 1997 health, and I am completely honest when I say I have not seen it hit anything other than 1000.

His minions are a hassle to defeat, given that the third guy heals the second dude for 1400 with a sacrifice every like 3 rounds. He casts clutch spells like Glowbug right before you hit, and it ends up doing a meagre 1k.

You simply cannot Feint him as he removes it on a quite frequent basis using Sacrifice. In his life cycle, he spams absorbs and Hungry Caterpillar absorbs.

Simply said I put 2 hours into one battle and gave up. He constantly maintained full health, never dropped more than 4000 health past his base health of about 30k.

Maybe it was the team, but it's hard to find a decent group who will be willing to help, and considering it's the first dungeon there are no people there with full Tier 1 Darkmoor gear to help.

PLEASE nerf this guy.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
It isn't impossible. It isn't even very hard if you work together. This fight greatly rewards teamwork since you can't blade yourself. Ignore his heals and set up for a one hit kill from your hardest hitter (who should enter the fight last).

First round - everyone casts a different trap on the boss to boost the hitter's damage (school, item, tri, TC)

Second round - The hitter casts a damage aura, everyone else blades him or her. (school, item, tri, pet, etc)

Third round - Attack with a big AoE. Everyone other than the hitter casts a different feint on the boss (amulet, trained, potent, pet, Treasure card, etc)

This should do it. If any minions survive you can pick them off after. All the cheats stop when the boss is defeated. You can take one more round to buff or heal if you need to, but save the feints for the hit round and try to attack by round four.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2013
Yep, (Not necessarily to the nerf part) using team up can be a big problem on the dungeons. School make up when going in can be one. Then most wizards don't cross train in both elemental and spirit. So that may leave balance and dragon blades. Both can be a problem getting at the bazaar, also lower power. If you don't have the right blades to set up the hitter even a group from team up that may have good wizards in it can have problems. Most of the time you will have options on the feints. One problem that can turn up also is if you go second. A team member can be taken out on the same round and not be there for the kill. Not all are open to leaving and coming back to get first shot.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2010
Gemma Luna on Feb 10, 2015 wrote:
It isn't impossible. It isn't even very hard if you work together. This fight greatly rewards teamwork since you can't blade yourself. Ignore his heals and set up for a one hit kill from your hardest hitter (who should enter the fight last).

First round - everyone casts a different trap on the boss to boost the hitter's damage (school, item, tri, TC)

Second round - The hitter casts a damage aura, everyone else blades him or her. (school, item, tri, pet, etc)

Third round - Attack with a big AoE. Everyone other than the hitter casts a different feint on the boss (amulet, trained, potent, pet, Treasure card, etc)

This should do it. If any minions survive you can pick them off after. All the cheats stop when the boss is defeated. You can take one more round to buff or heal if you need to, but save the feints for the hit round and try to attack by round four.
There is not much I can add seeming Gemma Luna pretty much hit the nail on the head. All you need is teamwork that is solid. My first playthrough we breezed straight through him with no problem which only proves Gemma's point. Find yourself a team of people that are more versed in teamwork in lue of trying to be a solo only player in group battles.