Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is your favorite school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 31, 2013
I want to make a new wizard, I ran my course with a Death wizard so I want to make a new wizard that is not Death. What is your guys favorite school and what do you recommend? I did some research and I got some data:

: Low fizzle rate, decent damage, decent health, uses all elements, which is pretty cool.
: High fizzle rate, great damage, low health
: Low fizzle rate, very low damage, very high health/defense.
: Very high fizzle rate, insane damage, low health/defense.
: Moderate fizzle rate, decent damage, good health/can heal.
: Moderate fizzle rate, decent damage, can summon minions to aid them in battle.

I'm stumped, they all look pretty cool so what do you guys recommend? Let me know. Thanks.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
Hi there! I've gotta say myth use to be my favorite class in wizard101, but sadly we stopped getting minions and it took away the unique feeling of playing them. But now my favorite is easily fire. You do have to be patient with them though, for they are all about DoTs. (damage over time). Anyways fire ftw. If you need more info i can tell you everything about a class, have a good one!

Defender
Aug 04, 2014
Myth

Myth is great for a second wizard. You get lots of stuns and AoEs. You also get the advantage of having pierce. It is much easier to play than death.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
I've gotten one of every school at least to Dragonspyre, with a and in Khrysalis. I'd have to agree with the previous poster, has been a lot of fun so far. My next choice would be either or . Not real fond of , and just has too many negatives (high fizzle rate, low health) that outweigh the positives. This is just my opinion and based on the way I play the game.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
LoganCrowSpear1337 on Feb 9, 2015 wrote:
I want to make a new wizard, I ran my course with a Death wizard so I want to make a new wizard that is not Death. What is your guys favorite school and what do you recommend? I did some research and I got some data:

: Low fizzle rate, decent damage, decent health, uses all elements, which is pretty cool.
: Moderate fizzle rate, decent damage, can summon minions to aid them in battle.

I'm stumped, they all look pretty cool so what do you guys recommend? Let me know. Thanks.
Truthfully it all depending on you playing style

Ice is all about tanking you have great Resistance all threw out the game with blocks that really can buy you and your team time but to get good hits you have to blade stack so this is more of a support class fizzles go away and it rare when you do

storm has powerful damage i mean it overpower with damage so if you looking to one shot it perfect for the job but It harder to play because you have low health all threw the game and really bad resistance and there fizzle go away after a little time in the beginning you going fizzle like crazy

life is great at healing them self and team matte's with great health but you don't get as many good hit spell as other classes also life almost never fizzles

each class has it upside and down side all depends on how you play the game and what you style is

Explorer
Oct 12, 2014

Correct me if i'm wrong but
Isn't balance 85% fizzle at lvl 1. I don't see how that is Low
Isn't ice fizzle rate 80% so it should be moderate since myth is 80% too and that's moderate
Isn't life fizzle rate is 90% at lvl 1 so it should be very low

Would be better if you edit that so some new players don't get the wrong idea.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
DeliciousGloves on Feb 10, 2015 wrote:
Isn't ice fizzle rate 80% so it should be moderate since myth is 80% too and that's moderate

Correct.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2013
DeliciousGloves on Feb 10, 2015 wrote:

I meant that they have a low chance of fizzling like, 85%, you're most likely going to cast the spell. I didn't mean low ACCURACY I meant low chance of fizzling.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2013
I really like because you can attack and heal at the same time. I tired but you're basically just depending on your minions, and you do ok damage.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i have played all 7 schools, and my favourites, in order, are:

i am a diviner at heart; go big, or go home.
because malistaire. that is all.
my first wizard has a special place in my little black heart.
mad healing skillz, yo.
the cold never bothered me anyway.
they see me noobin', they be hatin'.
trolling people with earthquake is the only joy i have left.

-von

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
Well, Myth isn't for everyone, which is why it only chooses those who are worthy of it. And anyone who says Myth is their least favorite school has missed the boat. Those of us who were fortunate enough to have been chosen by Myth won't miss them. The chaff has been removed from the wheat, and I feel that our esteemed Professor Cyrus Drake would feel the same.

Wolf Windrider
Exalted and only

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009

Well, I mean, at this point, in any world except Krokotopia, and even THAT isn't mostly it, Balance is way too OP. Also, 3-element-shields? Really? Greyrose, you guys have a great game, but seriously. Not only does Death need it's own world (Not saying Darkmoor--which wasn't a world, it was but a dungeon--was bad), but Storm and Balance are too OP. Reduce stats, just like you reduced my fire wizards. Which, honestly, you can't get too mad at. It was by like, 2% or something like that, right?

Champion
Jul 13, 2013

Balance is good. A lot of people can't handle it and don't have enough patience, but look at your summarization of all the school. Balance has decent everything, and uses all schools.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2014
I have to say Life you can heal,do moderate damage and another thing (and I can't believe I'm saying this) is death monsters don't shield so you won't have any problems about that.Hope I helped .

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
I have been thinking and these are my favorite schools. 1 being the best and 7 being the worst.
1) it's super fun and has great damage
2) also very fun to play as and it's cool to adjust the rules of combat
3) SUPER POWERFUL.
4) average damage and also heals you back
5) kind of weak but still has epic healing which is good for group play
6) average damage but just something very unlikable
7) impossible for me to solo anything when I'm ice, at level 40 the highest attack I had was ice wyvern.

Grace DreamCoin level 53

Survivor
Feb 08, 2015
In order, I prefer:

7. Fire - Fire has always been annoying for me - I am in a timezone where nobody else plays in, so soloing is my sort of style until late evening, and Fire isn't very good at soloing from Krokotopia onwards. Sure, it gets a lot better when you level up and get your quest spells, but I don't have the time.

6. Balance - Balance was actually my first class, as when I was younger I always thought it was cooler than the others, and seemed more powerful as it controlled 3 elements at a time. Unfortunately, I was mislead as this class is very weak early on and has mediocre health, only becoming quite powerful around the level 38+ stages. Likewise with fire, I do not have the time.

5. Life - Life was actually quite enjoyable, and I played it up to Zafaria, where I could no longer solo what I needed. Life has mediocre attacks but the second most HP in game, but unfortunately the heals are not enough.

4. Ice - Ice is a very good class, and I made it up to Avalon with my Ice, residing afterword to PVP. Ice has a lot of potential, mainly due to the high HP and defences, and is one of the best classes out there.

3. Myth - One word. Earthquake.

2. The powerhouse that is storm is my second best class in game. This is the most popular class as surveyed and there is no question why - The most damage in game by far doesn't go in unnoticed!

1. If you've been reading this forum, don't you already know by now?

Survivor
Aug 30, 2014
Well Im a death and my secondary class was storm but i changed to myth for one reason the minions pierce and the minions and the removing shields so be myth
AndrewMythhunterLV64