Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Serious Idle time out in solo battle problem

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Maybe this doesn't bother others with fast connections, but it's a problem for me.

when I'm in a solo battle, and I'm doing nothing for several rounds to let pips build, after two rounds that timer kicks in and suddenly I'm looking at the "you're idle. do you want to return to the battle." message

And now that the computer is the only thing fighting, the battle kicks into lightspeed, and before I have the chance to click the "return to battle" button, at least two more rounds have passed, and I'm down half my health.

Can you please disable that timer for solo battles? I've got no problem with it in a battle with at least 2 players, because one of them is likely doing stuff and it won't kick in. But in a solo it's murder.

It's also kicking in, in PVP, and it quite helpfully let me waste another player - because he went idle and as it was a low level battle I was playing hit cards just as fast as I could click on them.

probably shouldn't be kicking in, in pvp like that. at least not in 1v1.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
crystalwizard12345... on Jan 26, 2015 wrote:
Maybe this doesn't bother others with fast connections, but it's a problem for me.

when I'm in a solo battle, and I'm doing nothing for several rounds to let pips build, after two rounds that timer kicks in and suddenly I'm looking at the "you're idle. do you want to return to the battle." message

And now that the computer is the only thing fighting, the battle kicks into lightspeed, and before I have the chance to click the "return to battle" button, at least two more rounds have passed, and I'm down half my health.

Can you please disable that timer for solo battles? I've got no problem with it in a battle with at least 2 players, because one of them is likely doing stuff and it won't kick in. But in a solo it's murder.

It's also kicking in, in PVP, and it quite helpfully let me waste another player - because he went idle and as it was a low level battle I was playing hit cards just as fast as I could click on them.

Click "pass" and no timer will come up. I was just playing and did this with no issues at all. If you just sit there, the game assumes you are afk.

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
RavenLady777 on Jan 26, 2015 wrote:
Click "pass" and no timer will come up. I was just playing and did this with no issues at all. If you just sit there, the game assumes you are afk.
If there's only one player in a battle, there shouldn't be a timer.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
crystalwizard12345... on Jan 26, 2015 wrote:

Yes please! I HATE combat idle when I am solo or dual boxing. If there isn't a way to lock it out, I'd rather get rid of it. It was never needed, and is really a pain if something happens IRL when I am in a fight.

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
Gemma Luna on Jan 29, 2015 wrote:
Yes please! I HATE combat idle when I am solo or dual boxing. If there isn't a way to lock it out, I'd rather get rid of it. It was never needed, and is really a pain if something happens IRL when I am in a fight.
it's actually nice to have in the low level worlds where most of the young kids are. They tend to just close the client without random then their character is standing in battle, doing nothing, which everyone else is getting impatient.

But after wizard city, you get very little of that and now, with this time out feature, I can't even walk out to the kitchen to get a drink, being gone for less than half a minute, without the timer activating and the mobs wasting my.

Without it, I can count on there being a few rounds of hits maybe, but I'll be back before very many because each round has to count down.

It really needs to be optional for worlds beyond wizard city and non-existant for solo battles no matter what world you're on.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
tanda1 on Jan 31, 2015 wrote:
it's actually nice to have in the low level worlds where most of the young kids are. They tend to just close the client without random then their character is standing in battle, doing nothing, which everyone else is getting impatient.

But after wizard city, you get very little of that and now, with this time out feature, I can't even walk out to the kitchen to get a drink, being gone for less than half a minute, without the timer activating and the mobs wasting my.

Without it, I can count on there being a few rounds of hits maybe, but I'll be back before very many because each round has to count down.

It really needs to be optional for worlds beyond wizard city and non-existant for solo battles no matter what world you're on.
I second (third? fifth?) this idea. I'd love to have a choice, or get rid of it. It's killed me much more than it's helped.