Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Losing half mana when changing sets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 13, 2011
All of my gear sets have the same mana source, an athame and a ring. The exact same mana for every set, using the exact same source. When I change sets, my mana depletes by half, exactly half. KingsIsles says this is normal that mana will change when changing sets but it does not happen with any of my other wizards. Has anyone else had this happen? How can I fix it?

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Miranda LightSpear on Jan 25, 2015 wrote:
All of my gear sets have the same mana source, an athame and a ring. The exact same mana for every set, using the exact same source. When I change sets, my mana depletes by half, exactly half. KingsIsles says this is normal that mana will change when changing sets but it does not happen with any of my other wizards. Has anyone else had this happen? How can I fix it?
If you unequip a piece of gear that gives health or mana and equip another with health or mana, you'll have the health or mana you had without the gear. Example:
Let's say you're a level 1 Ice with 500 health and 15 mana. You equip a Dulled Athame which gives you 10 health and mana. You'll have 510 maximum health and 25 maximum mana, but you'll only have 500 health and 15 mana. You'll have to get the missing health and mana back after you switch gear, because if you got full health after you switched gear, you could do that to replenish your health in dungeons.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
I"m guessing that switching gear makes you unepuip, then reequip your gear, effectively removing your athame and ring, just to put it back on.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Sarg042 on Jan 26, 2015 wrote:
I"m guessing that switching gear makes you unepuip, then reequip your gear, effectively removing your athame and ring, just to put it back on.
It does.