Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The old fire teacher

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
As you know, there is an event going on in wizard101 called The Five B.O.X.E.S. and I am currently on the one in Wizard City.

I don't know much about the fire school since I'm an ice wizard, and I just wanted to know, what happened to the old fire teacher? He appears in the Wizard City quest for the five boxes and is very old krok, which gave me one theory about what happened to him... but I'd like to know the answer from someone who actually knows the answer. Thanks.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
Adam Goldenweaver on Jan 18, 2015 wrote:
As you know, there is an event going on in wizard101 called The Five B.O.X.E.S. and I am currently on the one in Wizard City.

I don't know much about the fire school since I'm an ice wizard, and I just wanted to know, what happened to the old fire teacher? He appears in the Wizard City quest for the five boxes and is very old krok, which gave me one theory about what happened to him... but I'd like to know the answer from someone who actually knows the answer. Thanks.
Well he claims he will need a new teacher to replace him after he retires, so I think he just retired and Dalia took over.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
Nobody knows anything about him. The Five B.O.X.E.S was his first appearance of him and was never mentioned before the event was brought into the game. Maybe there could be a spell quest in the future involving him

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
Squire
Jun 13, 2011
I don't know much about Memphis & his lore, too, but through my guess, he hailed from Krokotopia and was instructed through Ravenwood's professors, including Merle Ambrose, to become a Fire Professor, preferably many years before that big calamity with Malistaire Drake that hurled the Spiral into chaos.

Merely, I would presume that there were numerous past professors, more likely predecessors even, of the seven schools of magic before the current professors we know today, dating around numerous years, decades, maybe centuries, even, perhaps even beyond all that, through the years of it's founding by Merle Ambrose. Around the first event of the Five B.O.X.E.S. Event, in that timeline, Memphis was seeking young students to train & choose one of the students to become the recent Fire Professor before he retires.

After thwarting Grimsnes Burntblack, who was a pawn of the Maestro's plans to ruin the Spiral's history & was the rogue apprentice of Memphis through the Maestro's orders, & exposed his plan to place Falmea in a wrong school of magic that would not suit her well during her young years, he presumably chose Falmea to be the recent Fire Professor once she got settled in with the Fire School completely, years later & became that recent Fire Professor after his retirement, & through the years after that, he perhaps passed away because of his old age.

Perhaps this may clear things up about Memphis... maybe? Maybe we may need more insight on Ravenwood's past professors of magic. I'm starting to think that there may be more to it than the current professors. Wish we could see that someday.