Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Future Graphical Update?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 11, 2013
Everyone likes to see particle blooming wands, sharp-edged armor, or fluffier looking pets. I love Wizard101 but something I've seen that it lacks in are the animation of the battle circle. For years we've all seen this swirling abbys between us and out opponents, but what if this abbys got a texture update that correlates with your opponent. Maybe a color scheme of the school of your wizard, and his. For example a 4v4 would have a rainbow of colors, and be much more appealing and fresh when battling. Consider this maybe as just a PvP update, or take it further and make it global Changing a skin of a game mechanic is NO easy task. I understand that from dev-ing a little myself, but it's definitely an interesting concept.

If not this idea, then what other ideas does the community have relating to textures and skins Are there any equipment sets the community would like to see updated
My personal opinion
-PvP Commander Set(not the level 50) deserves an update Or at least a 2nd age update. This could be a distinguishing item to separate first age, and second age PvP'ers.

~Thank you KingsIsle and the Wizard101 Community for reading my post

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
This should be under PvP.
Graphical updates to the game are unnecessary and put a drain on their servers. I don't see this happening, but since I never do PvP, I have no problems with it, as long as the game itself isn't effected negatively.

Survivor
May 11, 2011
I read somewhere that the reason there have not been graphic updates is because the target audience (preteen-young teen) may be on hand me down computers that would not be able to handle bigger graphics. They are kept less sharp so that more people are able to play.

Also, I dont see the battle spiral changing colors to accommodate the player. Think of all the skin and code work it would need? A life wizard starts the battle, so its green. Then a fire enters, so then the server has to process changing some of the design to red. Its too complex. Maybe for the larger boss battle, just to make them more special those could get the color change to the school of that particular boss.