Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Teleporting to Location by Typing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
I think it would be great if we have a box that we can type in a location and we can teleport there. The location would have to be a location that we have been before. I think that would be amazing!

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
Defender
Mar 28, 2011
I'd settle for a second preset mark that wouldn't clear when we ported there, or a custom tapestry to a place we set. That would be wonderful.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2008
That would be a bit unfair cause say you teleport to a friend thats farther than you and you can just teleport there lol. As Lail said its a bit op lol.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2014
Its not really that op if you can only teleport to places you've already bern .

Survivor
May 16, 2009
I agree it would be cool if we could, but in a sense we already can. There are teleporters in each world, Azteca and Khrysalis have one for each area, most other worlds (exception being Wizard City and Krokatopia) have multiple within each area.
Also like mentioned before we can simply teleport to a friend. We also have dungeon recall.

Defender
Aug 04, 2014
It would have to have a separate box other than the chat box. We can't forget the menu chat players.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
I agree! It would be amazing to not have to use mana to mark a position just so you can port back to a location without having to go all the way through a world, if you want to go to bazaar, help a friend, go home, etc.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
It would require a lot of effort from KI to come up with all kinds of possible misspellings people might do, because a lot of people misspell the place names (it's not Collosus Boulevard!!). Also, as people have said, it could be a bit overpowered to teleport to a friend and be able to port to that area even though you're nowhere close. That could be solved by only letting you teleport to areas you've access to.

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
Hi

Hmm its good idea but how would you name place you teleported from if you been nowhere near exit or spiral doors?. For example: You are in middle of idk Celestia and you teleported to friend in bazaar and you trying to write "middle of Celestia" or "somewhere in middle of Celestia" it would take serious maping to recall your previous location and i am not metioning all rest people that would do exact same stuff trough spiral ( if that was added ). Best option is mark location or use friend for teleportation because it puts you in exact location as before faster lol except if your friend wonders away and ports you to different place lol.

I like idea of second mark location option we would be able to be at 2 places in time and not to deal with walking (which everyone hates) cause we all know some quests make you talk with same in game characters multiple times.

There is no op word if you already been in that dungeon or place, it could replace dungeon recall it just needs a lot of planing from KI but this idea is just funny there is more serious stuff to ask to add then teleporting lol.

Survivor
May 28, 2009
lewski on Mar 13, 2015 wrote:
It would require a lot of effort from KI to come up with all kinds of possible misspellings people might do, because a lot of people misspell the place names (it's not Collosus Boulevard!!). Also, as people have said, it could be a bit overpowered to teleport to a friend and be able to port to that area even though you're nowhere close. That could be solved by only letting you teleport to areas you've access to.
But KI can just make it so that if you spell the name wrong, it gives you names of closest thing

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
milo43283 on Mar 15, 2015 wrote:
But KI can just make it so that if you spell the name wrong, it gives you names of closest thing
They still need to program that stuff.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
lewski on Mar 13, 2015 wrote:
It would be easier to use the map. Open the map, names of places could turn color on mouse-over if you have access, click to teleport to the beginning of that area. If you have no access the name doesn't change or do anything.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
seethe42 on Mar 16, 2015 wrote:
It would be easier to use the map. Open the map, names of places could turn color on mouse-over if you have access, click to teleport to the beginning of that area. If you have no access the name doesn't change or do anything.
Well that's an excellent idea

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
well then there would be no need for mounts