Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Permanent School Mounts and mount hatchery

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 23, 2012
Permanent School Mounts is something that would be cool to have but you have to fight for it! For fire they should get sun serpent mount, for ice woolly mammoth, for storm storm owl, for myth basilisk, for life spinysaur, for death avenging fossil, and for balance chimera. I am sure everyone will be impressed with this idea. And also and extended area in the pet pavilion which will be a mount hatchery creating new mount hybrids. I would like to know what all you of you out there think!

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
I do think that there should be school mounts to show off your school pride. I managed to save up for my first mount around Mooshu, so there's no unintended advantage given if they are awarded later, say Azteca? At that point you should have been able to save up 50k gold easily.

No to the mount hatchery. It will annoy the heck out of collectors who want every mount, will require a ton of art for all the different hybrids, and makes no sense because sometimes mounts are inanimate objects.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
Definitely no to the hatchery. People that are lvl 2 and getting sabertooth pets and forlorn sabers really annoying me. Seeing how I had to actually work and quest for MY pet. This would open up to many noobs with mounts and it wouldn't be balanced at all. Definitely YES to the school mounts. This would be really cool and I'd LOVE to see a Gaze of Fate mount. Lol a 7 person mount for Gaze of Fate and all it's eyes would be hilarious and really fun to have. But you would definitely have to buy these mounts in gold. And you would only be about to purchase your schools mount and you would have to be a high enough lvl. I'd like to see the action for the Gaze of Fate mount be popping out it's eyes and juggling them. The Chimera mount wouldn't work seeing as theres already hydra.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I don't think school mounts will ever happen. If everyone gets free mounts, no one will buy them. Temp mounts are easily dropped by bosses and perm mounts are available for gold. There's really no need for free mounts or hatching.

Survivor
May 30, 2013
codythescarecrowma... on Dec 25, 2014 wrote:
Permanent School Mounts is something that would be cool to have but you have to fight for it! For fire they should get sun serpent mount, for ice woolly mammoth, for storm storm owl, for myth basilisk, for life spinysaur, for death avenging fossil, and for balance chimera. I am sure everyone will be impressed with this idea. And also and extended area in the pet pavilion which will be a mount hatchery creating new mount hybrids. I would like to know what all you of you out there think!
I like that idea!

Survivor
Nov 18, 2011
I think that would be cool as and only your school should get that mount so like fire can't get the ice school mount!
Rylee Winter

Survivor
Nov 29, 2014
Well, here's my opinion, plz don't hate. But i personally hate School Only stuff. I think it's cool and stuff, but i think it's somewhat unfair. Not to be rude but, for a Life Wizard getting a DRYAD at the ninty eighth level, that's unfair. While almost all the other schools get the newest spell. I myself am a Storm Wizard, but does that mean i would dislike having say, a Sun Serpent pet or spell? Heaven's no! As a Storm Wizard, i tend to favor sheer power, but, i also like diversity and variety.

More on topic:
I think a Mount Hatchery is kinda cool, but i personally am against ALL school only Pets and Spells. Armor? Meh, you can find something similar in looks. I am just shooting my own idea out there but, i think a cool neat little addition would be for a new experience pet/spell chart.

Here's an example:
Say i have an Exalted Sorcerer buddy, and we are REALLY good friends, and as an Exalted Diviner, i have the Glowbug Squall, and She has the Gaze of Fate spell. Now, say i want the Gaze of Fate or she wants the Glowbug Squall, with the usage of tons of Crowns or something, we could do something similar to hatching...we could get a Hybrid Spell, the Original Spell, or both! Now it would be random of course, but i think it would be cool.

Just my opinion.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2014
seethe42 on Dec 29, 2014 wrote:
I don't think school mounts will ever happen. If everyone gets free mounts, no one will buy them. Temp mounts are easily dropped by bosses and perm mounts are available for gold. There's really no need for free mounts or hatching.
It could happen, but you have to truly earn them. It could be an incredibly hard cheating boss, like the hidden one in Mount Olympus. It seems logical, and it would show hard work payed off. Of course it could also be at a certain level, like level 90 or something and it could be an incredibly hard dungeon or quest. Anything that shows you've actually played this game and you earned this.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Matthew Frostbloss... on Jan 4, 2015 wrote:
Well, here's my opinion, plz don't hate. But i personally hate School Only stuff. I think it's cool and stuff, but i think it's somewhat unfair. Not to be rude but, for a Life Wizard getting a DRYAD at the ninty eighth level, that's unfair. While almost all the other schools get the newest spell. I myself am a Storm Wizard, but does that mean i would dislike having say, a Sun Serpent pet or spell? Heaven's no! As a Storm Wizard, i tend to favor sheer power, but, i also like diversity and variety.

More on topic:
I think a Mount Hatchery is kinda cool, but i personally am against ALL school only Pets and Spells. Armor? Meh, you can find something similar in looks. I am just shooting my own idea out there but, i think a cool neat little addition would be for a new experience pet/spell chart.

Here's an example:
Say i have an Exalted Sorcerer buddy, and we are REALLY good friends, and as an Exalted Diviner, i have the Glowbug Squall, and She has the Gaze of Fate spell. Now, say i want the Gaze of Fate or she wants the Glowbug Squall, with the usage of tons of Crowns or something, we could do something similar to hatching...we could get a Hybrid Spell, the Original Spell, or both! Now it would be random of course, but i think it would be cool.

Just my opinion.
I really doubt there will ever be a way to give others your spells. That would make no sense, and it would ruin PvP for those who like it. Also, if there were no school only spells, the game would be really boring because anyone could have anything.

Survivor
Nov 29, 2014
lewski on Jan 5, 2015 wrote:
I really doubt there will ever be a way to give others your spells. That would make no sense, and it would ruin PvP for those who like it. Also, if there were no school only spells, the game would be really boring because anyone could have anything.
I'm not saying it would be easy. I'm suggesting it'd be very very very VERY difficult.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Matthew Frostbloss... on Jan 16, 2015 wrote:
I'm not saying it would be easy. I'm suggesting it'd be very very very VERY difficult.
I'm saying it would make no sense and shouldn't be implemented.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2013
that sounds cool having the school mounts! but i think the spinysaur might be too much like the crokagator. i only saw the spinysaur spell once before, so i might be wrong, but, yeah... i'm fine with the only one school mount as long as they're all really cool. but i can see that one person might really want one from another school... so maybe no to that. i guess the mount hatchery's okay. BTW i think that would be good, having mounts that represent certain schools, because i always want matching gear. sure, my gold kirin goes with everything, but it would be cool to see a mount meant for one school specifically.

courtney dreamwhisper

Survivor
Nov 29, 2014
lewski on Jan 16, 2015 wrote:
I'm saying it would make no sense and shouldn't be implemented.
Reguardless