Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

About agility, intellect, etc...

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 31, 2014
Hi,

My ancient pet has 4% pip o plenty, the talent says it's possible to get between +1% to +6% so the reason it has 4 is pure random chance? I think it also increased from 3 to 4 after leveling pet up.

OR perhaps agility, intellect and those things if they're maxed out than when pet levels up it gains an increase in this percentage?

Any idea?

thanks

Survivor
Jun 28, 2011
Yes, pet traits that increase your wizard's stats scale off of your pet's stats. The higher you get your pet stats, the more percent bonus the pet will give your wizard. This is also another reason higher pedigree pets are generally better since they can usually offer 1-3% more bonus stats due to their higher cap pet stats.

Defender
Mar 31, 2014
Cool, ok so still these traits like pips only increase after your pet levels up meaning up to 4 chances it can increase say from 4% to 8%.

ok thanks!

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Strength/125 + Intellect/125 + Power/250 = Pip % boost.

Getting the talent is chance. Once you have it, it will be based on that formula. You won't get more than 5% unless the pet has a selfish talent that increases one or more of those stats.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2011
It doesn't happen in jumps when your pet ranks up from say adult to ancient. The amount of stats your wizard receives is derived from a formula based on your pets stats. Hovering over the pet stats in the pet tab (i) will show you what stats on your wizard they affect. In your case, you are looking for power pip chance from your Pip O' Plenty pet talent. Hovering over the pet stats will show you that strength, intellect, and power affect pip chance. By raising these pet statistics, you will increase the amount of power pip chance you get from the pet talent. Once you have hit the cap for strength, intellect, and power on your pet, you will have the highest power pip chance from the talent regardless of whether your pet is ancient, epic, or mega. The reason that the power pip chance varies from pet to pet is that each pet has a different cap for each of their traits. The 8% max you see would be from a pet with the highest possible strength, intellect, and power statistics, which means your pet will likely not hit this percentage. My Vigilant Dragon only hit 4% power pip chance after being fully maxed (225 Strength, 225 Intellect, 200 Power).

Defender
Mar 31, 2014
OK, very good explained now I think I understand it a bit better... Now I see the usefulness of those talents that increase e.g. Max agility by 50 or so....

thanks.