Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm still broken?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 24, 2014
Hey everyone!

I was just doing some arenas for the first time, after having stopped playing the game for a few years. In my first match, I was one-hit for 3.4k damage ON THE VERY FIRST TURN.

I assume it was a Wild Bolt. Back a few years ago, you could easily gain arena ranks as a storm by simply spamming wild bolts and one-hitting your opponent. Why, after all these years, is that still possible?

Survivor
Oct 15, 2014
Storm wizards spell are the strongest spell but storm wizard has low health.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Veparius on Dec 18, 2014 wrote:
Hey everyone!

I was just doing some arenas for the first time, after having stopped playing the game for a few years. In my first match, I was one-hit for 3.4k damage ON THE VERY FIRST TURN.

I assume it was a Wild Bolt. Back a few years ago, you could easily gain arena ranks as a storm by simply spamming wild bolts and one-hitting your opponent. Why, after all these years, is that still possible?
If you try just spamming Wild Bolt or Insane Bolt, you'll lose just as often or more often than you'll win. It's not a good way to get rank at all. I tested this out on my high level storm for another site. I was only able to win about 40% of the time by spamming like that.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2014
seethe42 on Dec 19, 2014 wrote:
If you try just spamming Wild Bolt or Insane Bolt, you'll lose just as often or more often than you'll win. It's not a good way to get rank at all. I tested this out on my high level storm for another site. I was only able to win about 40% of the time by spamming like that.
Why would you even try spamming insane bolt? If I was a storm wizard I would only spam wild bolt.

I don't trust insane bolt at all.

Ashley Star lvl 5 Ranked Veteran in rank pvp.
Ashley FireBloom lvl 24 ranked private in rank pvp.

Storm pretty much spam wild bolts a lot.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Ashley Star on Dec 22, 2014 wrote:
Why would you even try spamming insane bolt? If I was a storm wizard I would only spam wild bolt.

I don't trust insane bolt at all.

Ashley Star lvl 5 Ranked Veteran in rank pvp.
Ashley FireBloom lvl 24 ranked private in rank pvp.

Storm pretty much spam wild bolts a lot.
Only low level inexperienced players even carry it. It's too unreliable.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2014
seethe42 on Dec 22, 2014 wrote:
Only low level inexperienced players even carry it. It's too unreliable.
Thanks for answering the post. But I would not fully agree with it though.

See you in rank pvp or in the spiral.