Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101: Chapter Three Predictions

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Hello everyone!

I feel we are coming closer to the new world (The dungeons are probably to tide us over for a couple months)
So, I was just wondering what your predictions were for what might happen in the Third Arc?
What worlds will we see? Who is Old Cobb? What are the Hidden Lands and Broken Shores?
Feel free to predict all that and more!

My prediction:

It seems Old Cobb wants to rewrite the history of the spiral.
It is my belief that we will at one point have to recover the eye of history for Bartleby, and he will explain in more detail (Possibly an epic cinematic, *hint hint* KI) of how the Spiral was formed, and exactly what role Old Cobb had to play in it, as we know that Grandmother Raven and Bartleby apparently are not the only ones to have formed the Spiral.
Old Cobb seemed to release some kind of energy at the end of Khrysalis. He described them as if they were living creatures, so we can assume they are enemies, possibly bosses at the end of each world. Old Cobb told them to go to five locations. Polaris, Mirage, Empyrea, Hidden Lands and Broken Shores. We have heard of the first three before, hinted multiple times. But these Hidden Lands and Broken Shores seem new, and to be honest, they do not sound like world names. More like locations of a world. So we could possibly still not know about two worlds.
Old Cob has to be a bug or creature of some sort. We saw his eyes, which kind of looked like a spider to me, but I cannot confirm that.
I think in the third saga, we are going to experience some major sacrifices and set backs. I have been predicting the death of Ambrose for a while now, but of course, he is a major character, he can't die, Right? Well... Exactly, he is a major character. So if he died, it would be a huge plot twist, the climax of a story arc.
But that is very very thin ice I am treading on, more than likely, he will sty alive. But it would give us another reason to fight Old Cobb, and avenge Ambrose.

Finally... The last battle. Cob takes off his hood to reveal *Drum Role*..... A talking piece of Corn on the Cob.
Jokes aside, I believe my predictions could very well happen. Well... Except for maybe that last part...

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
Very interesting. Also, the last part made me choke on my water.

Defender
May 09, 2010
Your ideas are interesting, in fact, almost the exact same prediction I posted in reply to another post, much like this. Here's what I think:
You travel from world to world, slaying Cob's Children, Whatever those are.... and in the final world, you duel cob himself!
But backtracking a little bit here, has anyone noticed that in Winter-tusk, when Grandmother Raven was imprisoned, she was in a weakened, almost humanoid form? Then, when she was free, she turned into here true, Primordial, all-powerful form!............But also take note that when we freed Cob, he seemed humanoid too. A reverted, weakened form.....just like Grandmother Raven. And right before we enter the chamber to duel Morganthe, he says he is saving up his power for something bigger.
Also, in the Obelisk Orbs quest, the line, "Raven and Spider, played across sky, and battled throughout the land" Halted me for a minute. If Raven means Grandmother Raven, and Spider refers to Old Cob, then maybe in the distant past, before the worlds of the spiral were formed, maybe even before the Nine Lords Of Night were created: Grandmother Raven and Old Cob were grave enemies. Alongside this, the line; "Spider fell into the deepest hole, locked away by Ravens hand," also caught my attention. We found Cob in a very deep whole.
So to conclude, I think Grandmother Raven and Old Cob are past enemies with a heated past, and in the end part of the final world, there is a cut-scene where They both fight! But this is all just speculation. We'll have to wait for Kingsisle to work their magic before we find out anything else. For now, we wait. And to back it up, speculate. See you in the spiral, wizards!

Blaze Stormmancer- Victor of Kan Davasi

Survivor
Jun 13, 2013
Wouldn't it be cool if everywhere you went, people said they saw you wrecking havoc and it turns out you have an evil duplicate? Then the final boss would be the duplicate with all your gear and spells!!

Defender
May 09, 2010
lettup on Dec 31, 2014 wrote:
Your ideas are interesting, in fact, almost the exact same prediction I posted in reply to another post, much like this. Here's what I think:
You travel from world to world, slaying Cob's Children, Whatever those are.... and in the final world, you duel cob himself!
But backtracking a little bit here, has anyone noticed that in Winter-tusk, when Grandmother Raven was imprisoned, she was in a weakened, almost humanoid form? Then, when she was free, she turned into here true, Primordial, all-powerful form!............But also take note that when we freed Cob, he seemed humanoid too. A reverted, weakened form.....just like Grandmother Raven. And right before we enter the chamber to duel Morganthe, he says he is saving up his power for something bigger.
Also, in the Obelisk Orbs quest, the line, "Raven and Spider, played across sky, and battled throughout the land" Halted me for a minute. If Raven means Grandmother Raven, and Spider refers to Old Cob, then maybe in the distant past, before the worlds of the spiral were formed, maybe even before the Nine Lords Of Night were created: Grandmother Raven and Old Cob were grave enemies. Alongside this, the line; "Spider fell into the deepest hole, locked away by Ravens hand," also caught my attention. We found Cob in a very deep whole.
So to conclude, I think Grandmother Raven and Old Cob are past enemies with a heated past, and in the end part of the final world, there is a cut-scene where They both fight! But this is all just speculation. We'll have to wait for Kingsisle to work their magic before we find out anything else. For now, we wait. And to back it up, speculate. See you in the spiral, wizards!

Blaze Stormmancer- Victor of Kan Davasi
P.S.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not hoping they "rush" the new updates, because that always leads to sloppiness, (other studios have learned that the hard way!) but I'm not saying they take their dear sweet time either. I SERIOUSLY hope that they DON'T release 2 worlds in a row. They did that with Pirate101, and it kept players busy for a while, but the downside, they had to wait 2 years (3 closing in fast) instead of the usual one year wait time before the next large expansion. And that could lead to excessive boredom. I lost loads of friends in Pirate101, and every time I check online, nobody's on.
I do want this next Arc not to be any more then 4 years, but I think Kingsisle Can pull it off. In fact, if they worked a tad bit harder, maybe they could do it in 3! (They released Avalon, Wysteria, and Azteca all in the same year!) Customers could save money, and Kingsisle would be praised for their efforts. That option seems unlikely, but for all we know, it could happen.
I'm most worried about the fact that it might take too long too develop, because I'm going into high school in august of this year, and I intend on playing this wonderful game at least until the 3rd Arc Finale. But of course, it's high school. Work and so fourth alongside education could really take it's toll, financially and timely. Although Kingsisle could get a lot done in 4 years, I'm speculate. So what do you guys think? Anyone else pondering about the time it might take, or how awesome this game is?

Blaze Stormmancer- Victor Of Kan Davasi

Survivor
Jan 12, 2014
Double Death on Jan 8, 2015 wrote:
Wouldn't it be cool if everywhere you went, people said they saw you wrecking havoc and it turns out you have an evil duplicate? Then the final boss would be the duplicate with all your gear and spells!!
Omg that would be neat :D. Sadly I won't be there for a long time since I just began the second story arc. But maybe they could do a kinda light-hearted one with new worlds and going back to old! (since after you complete the world there is never a big reason to actully go back other then to help a friend or side quest) In the old worlds they could release new areas adding more fun possiblitys!