Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I just want to play solo

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
Well I've finally reached level 100 but I've spent a ton of money on henchmen to get here (xibalba was RIDICULOUS! I spent $15 on crowns). It was either that or stop playing all together. I'm really disappointed that there isn't any accommodation for the solo players. I know I've read a lot of other wizards posts that face the same issues that I do. Couldn't KI make an extra button (maybe one that says SOLO) so when entering dungeons it would block other players from joining and make the bosses a little less vicious so we can play solo the way we want to? I don't understand why they haven't done anything like that yet. I don't enjoy playing with other wizards. I'm an older player and like to keep to myself, take things slow, enjoy the story line and not have to rely on strangers to get through dungeons (who like to rush through every dialogue and jump into the next fight before I have a chance to get my deck ready or have to leave halfway through and leave you hanging) . I like a challenge but when I can't even get 4 rounds into a battle before I'm defeated it's very frustrating. KI PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do something for your solo players!! At this point I'm so poor that I have nothing left to give but to beg for mercy. .

Ellie Dreamrider lvl 100 Storm

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Ealasaid on Dec 11, 2014 wrote:
Well I've finally reached level 100 but I've spent a ton of money on henchmen to get here (xibalba was RIDICULOUS! I spent $15 on crowns). It was either that or stop playing all together. I'm really disappointed that there isn't any accommodation for the solo players. I know I've read a lot of other wizards posts that face the same issues that I do. Couldn't KI make an extra button (maybe one that says SOLO) so when entering dungeons it would block other players from joining and make the bosses a little less vicious so we can play solo the way we want to? I don't understand why they haven't done anything like that yet. I don't enjoy playing with other wizards. I'm an older player and like to keep to myself, take things slow, enjoy the story line and not have to rely on strangers to get through dungeons (who like to rush through every dialogue and jump into the next fight before I have a chance to get my deck ready or have to leave halfway through and leave you hanging) . I like a challenge but when I can't even get 4 rounds into a battle before I'm defeated it's very frustrating. KI PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do something for your solo players!! At this point I'm so poor that I have nothing left to give but to beg for mercy. .

Ellie Dreamrider lvl 100 Storm
We've asked for this for a long time... and been ignored. Whether my choice or by limited people online when you are playing, sometimes you have to solo. I prefer to solo as well, but have looked for help on occasion and found none. I really wish KI would pay attention to their paying customers.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
RavenLady777 on Dec 12, 2014 wrote:
We've asked for this for a long time... and been ignored. Whether my choice or by limited people online when you are playing, sometimes you have to solo. I prefer to solo as well, but have looked for help on occasion and found none. I really wish KI would pay attention to their paying customers.
I totally agree, with you, and with the OP.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Agree 100%. I have soloed the majority of the game, and am now beginning the second part of Azteca. Most of the people on my friends list are either much lower, or have people with whom they quest, and are now way ahead of me. So, most of the time, soloing is my only option. I wish KI would take into account the players who, either be choice or necessity, quest on their own.

One thing I would suggest is make it an option to solo Malistaire in Dragonspyre. I less-than-fondly remember being stuck there for almost a month, because I couldn't find anyone to help me. We have a death wizard there right now, in the exact same position: friends are AWOL, and waiting 30+ minutes for a response to "Team Up" is a huge waste of time.

But as it is, I see a level 90 achievement in my future, and then a halt to questing, in favor of collecting badges and crafting.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
I love teaming and playing with other individuals. I just prefer to solo over being on a bad team!

And yes there are some battles and dungeons appropriate for full teams; but it's also possible to make more game content accessible for solo players that scales up or downaccordingly.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
I solo sometimes when I am bored or have no friends online.
I agree with this, how hard could it be to add a "Solo" button, that takes you in without a countdown immediately?

Defender
May 17, 2014
Yes, howver soloing the game isn't such a good idea at times. You might need to rely on friends at times.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2012
Yeah, solo is hard, especially on bosses that cheat. :(

Explorer
Dec 24, 2009
I've got to agree, especially since Ijust beat Azteca and so I fought Belloq recently. "I thought you came to hurt me." is like an arrow to the knee. I had to get a full party of 4 to beat him and I still died once. Now I never enter a sigil alone, unless I get really impatient. I'm catching up on crafting so I can get better gear. I'm working on Transcendent in Azteca.
Also, the bosses starting with four or five power pips? I'm hoping to go first so I can shield. If the boss is balance then I'm just clinging to my resist. Most of the time I don't even go first so I'm at half health before the end of the first round. I hope KI does something in 2015.

Richard BattleStone lvl 92

Explorer
Feb 05, 2011
I've soloed the entire game except for the major dungeons. It is possible. Strategy and gear is very important. Did I mention that I'm Life?

Survivor
Jun 12, 2011
I have played the game for 4 years, and have seen this as a problem, from day one. Weather you want to solo or just want to play “casual,” you don’t have that option. I have also found, the harder it gets, the less tolerant and responsible people become. I have never made it through the first battle, in Hades. You team up, and people drop out, before the first battle is over. I have had level 10’s and 20’s join me in Azteca. They have ported to someone else, and hang round. Then they wonder why higher levels don’t want to friend them.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
I really wish they would give us the solo button for Darkmoor. I want to play it wicked bad but barely (after 5 tries and a bunch of henchmen) got past Howling Chaney but I just can't get past the second boss or afford it for that matter. It's so disappointing to pay for a game for over 5 years, plus who knows how much in crowns and not be able to play ALONE. I'm still begging you KI to fix this. Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Ellie Dreamriderlvl100

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
I feel your pain, but I'm pretty sure KI has set it's course. One thing bothers me though. Waterworks and Tartarus are optional areas, correct? Yet I have seen post after post by the hardcore players telling people that certain storyline (required) quests are easily doable if you only had the Waterworks or Tartarus gear. Well if that gear is necessary to solo the storyline (required) quests, doesn't that transform Tartarus and Waterworks to required areas? And having said that, it's not like you're going to get the gear by doing those areas once. Nope, you have to farm them, which makes them even less optional. That's where I see the disconnect. Henchmen aren't the answer either. In any battle with cheating bosses the henchmen become almost more of a hindrance than a help, as they can't follow the cheats. I think once you get past Avalon, the casual player no longer can count on soloing the storyline quests without gear that is very difficult to obtain. I've heard it said that there is high resist gear in the Bazaar, but I've looked time and time again and never found it. I got lucky with my Death Wizard and got some decent resist gear in drops which helped in Azteca but I don't think it's going to be enough to do some of the bosses in Khrysalis. I'm speaking from experience here because my Balance Wizard is stuck at the Tree Roots, so I'm familiar with Khrysalis up to there. I think team up is in everyone's future, which is ok with me as long as I can find good team mates. Anyways, keep your Wands shiny, your heads up and have fun!

Survivor
Dec 11, 2014
I completely agree, but I think KI won't do it because of how much time and programing that would have to go into changing those bosses and dungeons but if they do consider it they HAVE to put it in

Survivor
Nov 10, 2013
All the people here are absolutely right, I need help sometimes and can't find any so I have to solo ALLOT and use allot of crowns fort henchmen.

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
mackshot102 on Jan 20, 2015 wrote:
All the people here are absolutely right, I need help sometimes and can't find any so I have to solo ALLOT and use allot of crowns fort henchmen.
There's a team up button on all dungeons and it DOES work.

Unfortunately a lot of the time there's quite a wait before enough people click the team Up button.

And that's because most people are still ignoring the Team Up button, trying to solo the dungeon, and spending tons of crowns.

If everyone that was struggling to solo dungeons and doing so only by spending crowns used the team up feature and just waited till a team formed, more people would use it, the wait would be less, and no one would be posting on this thread about how hard it is to find people to do dungeon's with.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2011
The team up was a great idea, but like all things, people abuse it. They figure, “what the heck,” team up, and have no intention of going through the whole dungeon.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2011
I have had people leave, take showers, and come back during a dungeon! I have seen it all.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2014
A lot of good ideas have been put out for solo, dual playing to me that would work a lot better then the present team up. I like to solo also and sometimes just would like to get on and go to a dungeon not worry about finding someone else or a full group and just do it. I wish they would at least give it a try on some of the dungeons to see how it goes.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Logans run on Jan 8, 2015 wrote:
I have played the game for 4 years, and have seen this as a problem, from day one. Weather you want to solo or just want to play “casual,” you don’t have that option. I have also found, the harder it gets, the less tolerant and responsible people become. I have never made it through the first battle, in Hades. You team up, and people drop out, before the first battle is over. I have had level 10’s and 20’s join me in Azteca. They have ported to someone else, and hang round. Then they wonder why higher levels don’t want to friend them.
I'll take a level 20 who knows how to use pierce, cleanse, feint, and tower/conviction any day, over about 80% of the level 80's I meet in Azteca.

Many of my closest wiz friends are older adults, parents and grandparents of other players, who learned this the hard way. Because of their busy schedules, they often do not have time to spend 8+ hours a day farming a single dungeon for the recommended "optional" gear that is in fact fairly essential for efficient questing.

At the highest levels, the gap between the 'best' gear (no-auction farmed gear from hard core dungeons) and what's available to the casual player is vast indeed.

I've found that if you want a team that works in places like Tartarus and Darkmoor, you have to train them yourself. Not everyone you meet is willing to take on instruction! And sometimes you have to do things the hard way, their way, a couple times for it to sink in that maybe there's a better way.

There is no shortage of people in the world, if someone doesn't work well with you, move on to someone else. And keep looking. Eventually you will find 3 other people who also want an efficient, effective, pleasant, and drama-free way to master Tartarus and move on.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2011
You want to keep a lvl 20 alive, be my guest lol ! ! ! !

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
$10 Solution

Its cheaper and easier to have a 2nd account and zip a utility wizard up to level 20. Then play the game on two computers.

A level 20 utility wizard is essentially a minion that you can control. And if it dies you can always port it back in. You don't use it for combat. You load its deck up with feints, traps, blades, shields. It enters battle a bit late so it doesn't get attacked by bosses.

I did this for the last bit of Azteca. It made nearly impossible solo activities a breeze.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I am soloing my way through Khrysalis, and similar to Azteca most of it is quite soloable using normal gear and mediocre pet. Sometimes I need to check internet for tips & tricks. But like Azteca I expect certain bosses will present roadblocks to progress.

So far I haven't got stuck but when I do I will just activate my daughter's account. Easy Peasy.

But yes, I remember Xibalba. No multiboxing there. Gotta have the quest to enter.

~ RH, Lvl 97.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Logans run on Feb 11, 2015 wrote:
I have had people leave, take showers, and come back during a dungeon! I have seen it all.
I can't agree with you more! I can't remember being as mad as I get when halfway through a dungeon someone says, "afk, have to eat dinner" or "can we hurry, I have to go". To me this is the epitome of irresponsibility. If you don't intend to invest the time to complete a dungeon then the least you can do is inform people at the start that you're only here for the (insert drop here) so they can make the decision as to whether they want to waste their time.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
I solo most of the time but when i need help i team up with people but I hear what your saying you don't want to be bothered by people who rush into the battle expecting you to come in behind them. i like to listen to the dialogue sometimes and when people get mad cause they rushed in and I didn't join in time it makes me pretty mad too cause why did you even rush in like that