Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Gear, No Trade

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 31, 2013
So, i think the new gear from those dungeons shouldnt be no trade,

Reason 1: Wanted to stitch a cool wand to my low lvl but can't put it in my shared bank.

Reason 2: Got a lvl 100 mastery amulet on my can't put it on a different wizard.

Those are the 2 BIG reasons the new gear shouldnt be no trade.

lvl 100
lvl 100
lvl 100
lvl 46

Survivor
Aug 15, 2014
they should like put coat of invincibility on crown shop for 2500 crowns and 5000 gold for every wizard

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I agree, the mastery amulets and off-school items should be trade.

Please change this.

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
QueenKitty025 on Dec 9, 2014 wrote:
So, i think the new gear from those dungeons shouldnt be no trade,

Reason 1: Wanted to stitch a cool wand to my low lvl but can't put it in my shared bank.

Reason 2: Got a lvl 100 mastery amulet on my can't put it on a different wizard.

Those are the 2 BIG reasons the new gear shouldnt be no trade.

lvl 100
lvl 100
lvl 100
lvl 46
I disagree.
Such should be No Trade items.
I have all schools at Exalted. And yet I can just transfer the gear from one wizard to another without working for it. That enables cheating and shortcuts.

Nicholas Star

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
mykola230 on Dec 12, 2014 wrote:
I disagree.
I have all schools at Exalted. And yet I can just transfer the gear from one wizard to another without working for it. That enables cheating and shortcuts.

Nicholas Star
How is it cheating to trade a piece of equipment with school and level restrictions to a wizard that is neither that school nor level just so they can stitch the appearance they want? Or how is it cheating to trade something you've earned to a different wizard who could use it?

If one of your wizards has it, sorry to say but you've already worked for it. You're not cheating, and you're not taking shortcuts by making a choice of which wizard on your account gets to use the reward you've earned.

Personally I've never really understood the merit of No Trade in the first place.

Defender
Oct 22, 2012
As High five said you are the person who earned it. You were the one sitting there setting up cards and gear etc. Why should it be turned in to pet food?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I've said this before and I'll say it again:

Gold bought and lower level monster drops should be trade and auction

Crafted and higher level monster drops should be trade, but no auction

Crown bought should be no trade no auction

I stand firm on this. notice I didnt say crown shop bought for gold. That is covered by the gold bought option. As for cheating. Really? Cheating? How is doing something legal cheating? By that right, minions, henchmen, and doing it with ANY help is cheating.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
mykola230 on Dec 12, 2014 wrote:
I disagree.

Nicholas Star
That doesn't make sense. If I get it as a drop, I earned it.

If I get a Myth-only item on my Death wizard and can't trade it, it's wasted. If I can give it to my Myth, I am using something I earned. That isn't cheating or a shortcut.

If we are going to get off-school drops, we should be allowed to trade them. If not, please fix the drop tables so we get things we can use.

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
Dakota Death on Dec 13, 2014 wrote:
That doesn't make sense. If I get it as a drop, I earned it.

If I get a Myth-only item on my Death wizard and can't trade it, it's wasted. If I can give it to my Myth, I am using something I earned. That isn't cheating or a shortcut.

If we are going to get off-school drops, we should be allowed to trade them. If not, please fix the drop tables so we get things we can use.
When you fighting at darkmoor you can't get items from other school.
Now for cheating. I see people don't understand the word I am saying heh?
Well let's go and break it down for them.
By cheating I don't mean cheating as literal word.
I mean that if you have a wizard then work on that wizard to get the items you need. Not work on one wizard and use the items on all of them.
Want to get an item on wizard? Work for them on that wizard.
Well I guess there is no point in arguing here since wizard101 will never make those items tradeable.
And I totally agree with them on that one.

Nicholas Star

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
mykola230 on Dec 15, 2014 wrote:
I mean that if you have a wizard then work on that wizard to get the items you need. Not work on one wizard and use the items on all of them.
Well I guess there is no point in arguing here since wizard101 will never make those items tradeable.

Nicholas Star
That is not correct. You CAN get items for other schools in Darkmoor (and other places). They can't be equipped by the wizard who gets the drop, can't be auctioned, and can't be traded to a wizard on my own account who could use it. That is a complete waste.

Why shouldn't I be able to trade something to a wizard on my own account that's the right school? That's what the shared bank is for, so obviously KI does not agree with you. Things like Mastery amulets and universal crown gear have always been able to be traded. There is no good reason to suddenly make them no trade. It is probably a mistake, and if not, it should be changed. We're not talking about the school-specific Mali sets, those are fine, but other items should be able to trade.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Once upon a time, the level 50 gear from Malistaire was NO TRADE. A life wizard could get gear for a storm wizard yet not trade it. Eventually KI changed the items to just NO AUCTION. Hopefully they will do the same to the gear dropped in the new dungeons.

Defender
May 17, 2014

Nicholas Star
If the folks at KI didn't want us "cheating", why make up the shared bank in the first place? It is NOT cheating, no matter how you put it.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2011
ashleyash1572 on Dec 12, 2014 wrote:
they should like put coat of invincibility on crown shop for 2500 crowns and 5000 gold for every wizard
2500 crowns may be okay, but 5000 gold is too low, higher levels can get over 10x that in an hour

Survivor
Aug 23, 2011

Nicholas Star
Yeah, but the mastery amulets should be non-tradable because it is completely random and instead of there being one where it is only your school, it is there is one where it can't be your school

Survivor
Aug 23, 2011
Nicole ShadowSong on Dec 19, 2014 wrote:
If the folks at KI didn't want us "cheating", why make up the shared bank in the first place? It is NOT cheating, no matter how you put it.
It is for other items, you know it has been around for a long time right?

Survivor
Aug 23, 2011
Dakota Death on Dec 15, 2014 wrote:
That is not correct. You CAN get items for other schools in Darkmoor (and other places). They can't be equipped by the wizard who gets the drop, can't be auctioned, and can't be traded to a wizard on my own account who could use it. That is a complete waste.

Why shouldn't I be able to trade something to a wizard on my own account that's the right school? That's what the shared bank is for, so obviously KI does not agree with you. Things like Mastery amulets and universal crown gear have always been able to be traded. There is no good reason to suddenly make them no trade. It is probably a mistake, and if not, it should be changed. We're not talking about the school-specific Mali sets, those are fine, but other items should be able to trade.
Yes you can, but it is an extremely low chance.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2011
Hannah Lifebringer on Dec 17, 2014 wrote:
Once upon a time, the level 50 gear from Malistaire was NO TRADE. A life wizard could get gear for a storm wizard yet not trade it. Eventually KI changed the items to just NO AUCTION. Hopefully they will do the same to the gear dropped in the new dungeons.
It is very unlikely they will do that.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Kanethepro on Dec 19, 2014 wrote:
Yeah, but the mastery amulets should be non-tradable because it is completely random and instead of there being one where it is only your school, it is there is one where it can't be your school
Mastery amulets should be able to trade. The odds of getting one you can use are high, but the odds of getting it on the wizard who could use it are low. Being no trade turns a windfall into a painful disappointment.

Mali sets and the top school specific items that only drop to the right schools should be no-trade. Everything else should be OK to trade. This doesn't cause any problem and makes farming more worthwhile.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Most of the gear is for your school only and I have yet to receive or hear about receiving another school's gear. Unless you've made two of the same school of wizard on your account (which is highly unlikely) making the items tradable won't allow other wizards to use them, just stitch them. As for mastery amulets, we can trade the regular ones, and I'm pretty sure we can trade the exalted ones, which are generally believed to be better, so why can't we trade Darkmoor amulets? Like the OP said, if you get a mastery amulet of your school, it's just pet food.
It seems to me that people calling this 'cheating' are quite silly. Why even have the shared bank if switching items between characters is cheating or wrong or unfair?

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
ashleyash1572 on Dec 12, 2014 wrote:
So people with no skill can get them for nothing? I don't think so.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
Alex Stormlight on Dec 20, 2014 wrote:
So people with no skill can get them for nothing? I don't think so.
Agreed. It took me 1-2 months to get from private to commander though it was worth it. People shouldn't get something for free while people who got it before had to work pretty hard for it.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Robobot1747 on Dec 20, 2014 wrote:
Most of the gear is for your school only and I have yet to receive or hear about receiving another school's gear. Unless you've made two of the same school of wizard on your account (which is highly unlikely) making the items tradable won't allow other wizards to use them, just stitch them. As for mastery amulets, we can trade the regular ones, and I'm pretty sure we can trade the exalted ones, which are generally believed to be better, so why can't we trade Darkmoor amulets? Like the OP said, if you get a mastery amulet of your school, it's just pet food.
It seems to me that people calling this 'cheating' are quite silly. Why even have the shared bank if switching items between characters is cheating or wrong or unfair?
i agree completely with you on this most people just want to trade to stitch the items i think they should be able to do that without being called a cheater just because they want to look good