Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Darkmoor drops are too low

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 13, 2013
Sean Firesword on Dec 11, 2014 wrote:
I've done the Graveyard around 16 times now on my fire, and have received the wand twice and the robe once. However, I haven't gotten anything for the past 10 runs. At first the drop rates were amazing, being that I got one item every other run, but now I am suspecting that the drop rates were lowered. All times I have used doom to kill Malistaire, and I've fled about 1/2 of my runs, including the run where I got the robe, so I'm not sure if I have been doing something wrong for the past 10 runs or what.
Tell me about it, when I farmed it I farmed it bout 50 times before getting my full gear, so i had to keep sticthing gear just to look cool all i needed was my hat at the last and I did 1 runs just for that. But i got it like 3 months ago so I am fine now so if you see Tyler Moonmask around commons say "hi" lol. Good Luck farming people entering Darkmoor.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
I think the thing people need to realize is the drop rates are like an XP bar. You go through a dungeon first 5 times and get some great drops, each time you get a good drop the bar will fill up. Once it fills up you need to wait an x amount of days to let it go down again. Then you can try to get any good drops again.

Daniel Frostcloud

Survivor
Dec 12, 2014
You guys are complaining about getting it in 50 runs, I wish it was that easy for me. I've been saying that i've done 100 runs for quite a few months now and it's probably near the 200's. I got my boots on about the 30th run and am yet to recieve a piece since, at this point I have basically given up.

Survivor
May 01, 2011
ok guys I feel all of you ;( 20 runs and nothing so far for my storm and someone said something about making them instance bosses well you are a genius because just think of all the time it takes for 3 BOSSES! Like are you kidding me lol but to make them a instance would be a horrible ideas because Shane doesn't drop anything good unless you gave up on tier 3 gear and well the first boss (can't spell his name) yvgeny only drops your athame and with 20 runs so far I haven't got anything.
So I think they should work almost like one shot gauntlets except that you can try it over and over again and that wouldn't be to bad keep the drops and Mabey get rid of some of the non school drops that you don't need but other than that they should make each boss like have its own Sigel.

- John 100

Survivor
May 01, 2011
Kyle SoulGiver on Jul 9, 2015 wrote:
I completely agree that drops are way too low. I have two exalted wizards, a storm and balance. Both have full darkmoor but is missing the hat. Each one took about 15 darkmoor attempts to get Robe, Boots and Wand. But now I've done about 15+ more runs and i still haven't gotten my hat on either character! I have a storm friend that got full set in 2 runs and I felt that it is completely unfair that someone who put less work than me got the things that I wanted. Malistaire should drop Malistaire ONLY gear and not the Tier 1 and Tier 2 drops. Also if possible, raise the drop rates because it's a real struggle spending 2-3 hours in a dungeon to only get junk. In total, I've done at least 60 darkmoor runs, since my Exalteds are on the same accounts, and honestly it's outrageous of how much time i spend doing this one dungeon for nothing!
Kyle SoulGiver 100
Logan BlueGrove 100
Kyle SoulGiver 19
15 runs? XD I have done 20 and got nothing so far lol and if I count up the times when people just leave and don't come back that number is closer to like 100

Survivor
Nov 24, 2014
trash50 on Aug 10, 2015 wrote:
oh i have done everything multiple times.The drop rate is very low.After doing 81 runs you really do try everything and nothing works for me at least.
Bro i seriously feel ya. my storm has done it a 110 times and my myth 60 and on my storm i havent gotten a piece top tier and on my myth only the hat. I think the the drop rate is waaaaaay to low, well at least for me.

Alex Misthead lvl 100 myth

Seth Stormtamer lvl 100 storm

Survivor
Jun 11, 2011
yamahadude on Oct 28, 2015 wrote:
Bro i seriously feel ya. my storm has done it a 110 times and my myth 60 and on my storm i havent gotten a piece top tier and on my myth only the hat. I think the the drop rate is waaaaaay to low, well at least for me.

Yes all of this I believe is right, I think that the drop rate should be a little higher.But not too high.

Explorer
Jun 27, 2014
Just remove the off school gear period for a start I am sick of after fighting malistaire getting a tier 3 wand for a different school from what i am playing as my ONLY drop over an hour wasted for something I cannot use seriously? If the tier 3 gear and off school gear was removed that alone would dramatically increase the chance of gaining decent gear at least. the tier 2 gear still has some place in the last fight but not the tier 3 thats dropped virtually every other fight, the other thing i never understood is why the first version of shane found in darkmoor part 2 drops the better amulet and Malistaire drops the lower version? The new mastery amulets from what i have heard (never dropped for me so idk) drop more from chests than anywhere else also makes little sense.the best gear in any dungeon is usually dropped by final boss or occasionally one or 2 items dropped by secret bosses eg cronus for athame in tartarus which can be fought separately. I am at a loss to why they made it totally different in darkmoor. All the decks dropped in darkmoor are poor compared to the crafted pip or farmed for pip decks from kh why? where exactly are the rings that are actually better than ones from the gladiator? At least the athames from yvengy are better than cronus ones with added accuracy, block health etc.To me the difficulty of the dungeons are about right given the level you need to complete them, but the drop rates and lack of thought on what drops where is what lets it down.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2015

I too have had problems with darkmoor. I have gotten 7 malistare robes (2 on one run even) but after a long grueling time you get it. I still dont have the boots but i used tier 2 gear and it works fine. The thing is if it gets ya through pve then what isn't broke shouldn't be fixed. Some people do polaris in hades and ww fear because they dont want to do the 2-3 hours and occasional horrible team you pair yourself with. What im saying is, use what suits you and what can get ya through the game, but PvP is a different story.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2011

Lolz I've only done 6 runs so far, and I'm already mad.
Not a single piece,not even tier 2.
All I get are reagents and snacks.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
I have the done this dungeon about say, 8 times in two weeks, whenever I could. I have so far gotten this on my :
Living Dead hat, robe and boots. That's it.
Other that it has been many things for other schools.
Today is my first day, getting a hat from Malistare, that was of my school, and not a "living dead" hat.
Honestly, I feel the drop rate could use a little raising, but just mostly, I would like the drops of your school to rise! I can count so many things I have that are useful to other schools and not my own. And I am not just going to make a wizard in order to use the gear.
So, I agree here. High drops, but mostly, higher drop rate for items of your school

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
QueenKitty025 on Dec 9, 2014 wrote:
The drops rates arent too low there to high got the full malistaire set from only 2 runs.

Note: Using doom to kill malistaire faster lowers the drop rate, it has been tested.
uh you do realize drop rate is is no way based on what happens in a battle. I have tested that length of fight has zero effect on drops. what spells you cast don't have a effect on drops. drops are calculated through a matrix system. you roll for a drop, you then roll for a chance to receive an additional drop. and as long as you successfully roll for additional drops, you will receive another item. each time you successfully roll for additional item, the chance to be successful again is reduced. for more indepth information on the specifics a kingsisle programmer would have to tell you that. but that is how the drop system works as a whole.

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Destiny Winter on Dec 13, 2014 wrote:
Anything worth having is worth working for...
I say lets go back to the dragonspyre gear format

tier 1. gave all stats
tier 2. gave 75% of the stats with various pieces giving differing stats
tier 3. gave 50% of the stats with various pieces giving differing stats
tier 4. gave 25% of the stats with various pieces giving differing stats.

that was a much better system then this current system with hades/malistaire/Polaris ect gears.

Explorer
Apr 25, 2010
The new chest is now my idol. I gained all four of the main pieces of gear from it. It didn't cost too much either. I would look into that.