Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Good Gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 01, 2014
Hello Everyone,I am wondering if there is any other gear better,or equal to the waterworks set...I am having a bunch of trouble in Avalon because of my health.The bosses are repeatedly killing me and I'll ask for help most of the time,I have around 2,884 health I believe?? So is there any??I was thinking of finishing the ZF crafting quest to get the Woodland Trible Helm thing and the stats are a little better than WTW set way more critical and one 1% damage lower.....So any suggestions?

Blake 79
Blake 25

Survivor
Jun 06, 2010
So this is what i did:
Hat - Keep the WW hat, its the only good one for storm until Tartarus, the reason for this is because you need the universal resist and the Crit will do.
Robe - Get the Poets Robe resipe from Llewellyn in Dun Dara (make sure you complete the ZF crafting quest)
Boots - I kept the WW ones

NOTE: FIND A QUESTING BUDDY!!!
You really do need one, as Storm is mainly damage, you really do need to find a friend for support. An easy way to do this is when you get to a dungeon or boss click "team up" and wait for another person to join, most of the time that person will be on the same quest and you can take it from there.

I hope this helps and good luck

John Hawk Level 100

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Personally, I use the Grizzleheim Crafter gear, mixed with the Zeus gear.
It's the best mix for Def/HP/Dam and Crit, plus gives some good cards like Blades and Traps...

Morgrim, LvL 100
Morgrim Deathstalker, LvL 100
Keira, LvL 73
Logan, LvL 72
Morgrim, LvL 42
Jessica, LvL 34

Survivor
Mar 19, 2014
I am a level 85 fire girl, but I use my death girl to craft and garden (yeah...gardening for a death girl. Irony).

Anyway, My fire girl, death girl (level 68) and my bff's life guy (level 84...also a crafter) cannot find recipes for good gear. I don't mean to sound like a complainer because I really enjoy the game, but we have actually spent a lot of money on crafting. It's time-consuming and expensive, but also rewarding most times.

The only furniture I've crafted was the canopy bed (always wanted one of those).

I took up crafting with the hopes better gear would be available. It seems to me, if you take on the time and expense of crafting, you should be able to craft fantastic gear, according to your level.

My death girl really needs to improve her stats. Her power is astronomical but resist, crit, and crit block are awful.

Why craft if you can't craft better gear?