Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why school did pick on the test?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 09, 2011
As the name implies what school did you pick?

Did you pick storm? For its strong Attack
Did you pick ice? for it defense
Did you pick fire? For its AOE damage
Did you pick death? For its life stealing
Did you pick myth? For the minions
Or Did you pick life? For the healing

Tell me your Answer below (mostly for those that made another character and skipped the test)

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
Well, All I did was actually answer the questions on the quiz truthfully. And lo and behold, was my calling school

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Beginners Luck on Oct 30, 2014 wrote:

Tell me your Answer below (mostly for those that made another character and skipped the test)
If you take the test, you don't "pick" a school, the school picks you.

I have wizards in each school over two accounts.
I rarely use the minions for my two Myth wizards. Myth is a lot more than minions. (Of course Myth was my very first wizard 4 years ago so I've learned a lot of the little nuances of that school over the years)

And I don't heal with my two Life wizards either. I solo...

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
HaHa You left Balance out of the lot. The game actually picked my school for me and I got Balance. Decided to just go with it and I'm so happy I did. In six months I made it to Exalted Sorcerer. Have enjoyed every single minute of it.

Scarlet ShadowStone Exalted
Scarlet SwiftRiver Level 25
Scarlet FireEyes Level 21

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
I selected ice because it said Santa Claus was ice

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
I know it's been said before, but I just can't help myself here. Heh, the wizard does not choose the school, the school chooses the wizard.

I got Storm when I took the test and, while it tries my patience at times, I wouldn't trade it for the world. It's the best school for me and I'm trying to prove to my friends that I can solo the game just with my knowledge about the school and gameplay without having to rely on critical overly much. So far I've succeeded and I've (finally) gotten the hang of soloing cheating bosses and 4v1 fights. Moments like that make me happy that I landed with Storm first.

Defender
May 17, 2014
Fire first time, death second, storm third.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Fire isn't about AoEs, it's about DoTs. Fire first time for the DoTs, Death second for the drains.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2011
I took the test truly, and only to find that Death was my school. Back in 2011, I wasn't a big fan of the topic death it's self, and I'm still not. (Though, it's quite a powerful school in my opinion) I took the test again, truly once again, and I still got Death. I decided that I didn't need to waste my time taking the test, as I would get the same school anyway, so I skipped the test and examined each school, and what their abilities were.

When I finally got down to ice, I noticed that it had most of my personality within it, and which death did have most as well, there are some things with it that I didn't agree with back then. I made up my mind, and chose Ice as my school because the school fit me. Before I even downloaded the game, I looked through the website and studied each of the teachers. I found out that good o' Greyrose was my favorite.

That's how I became an Ice Wizard.

~Amber IceHeart

Survivor
Jun 18, 2014
At first, I answered the questions truthfully and got ice I think. Then I made a life wizard and discovered that Life was my favorite school.

Fallon Wildshard, Lvl. 17

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
Beginners Luck on Oct 30, 2014 wrote:

I got myth on the test. The minions are not what makes myth my favorite school, its the randomness of the school. it does not have one true power, it has random spells, such as medusa which stuns them for two rounds, celestial calendar which steals one pip. Basilisk, which does and over round spell and a stun. orthrus and minotaur which does one hit to get your opponent's shields down, then hits for the real damage. there are many more examples! people say that myth is weak but I like a challenge!
Justin firethief level 100
Michael level 81