Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unable to find the Wizard101 patch client.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 09, 2012
I uninstalled wizard101 recently to reinstall it. Now when i try to reinstall it and this message comes up "Unable to find the Wizard101 patch client. Try uninstalling and reinstalling Wizard101." Then it prompts me the uninstall menu and i uninstall it but every time i go to install it now, It does the same thing. Ive deleted every wizard101 thing i could fined. Still the same issue. Ive checked the uninstall and change menu and there is a wizard101 item in there, Ive tried to uninstall it but it never gets removed. When ever i do go through the uninstall process for either uninstall or the install process it skips everything and says uninstall finished. But nothing was deleted. Can anyone help me?

Administrator
Hello,

This issue may be caused by a setting in the Internet Explorer browser.

To fix the issue:

1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Select "Tools" > "Internet Options".
NOTE: Depending on your IE settings, the "Tools" menu may be a gear icon in the upper right hand corner.
3. Go to the "Advanced" tab.
4. Scroll down to the "Security" section.
5. Locate and check "Use TLS 1.0".
6. If you browser has additional TLS options, such as "TLS 1.1" and "TLS 1.2", these should also be selected.
7. Then, press the "OK" button.

If you need additional help, or this does not work for you, please send an email to support@wizard101.com so they can assist you further. Sorry for the inconvenience.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 09, 2012
This still didn't help. Its still prompting me to uninstall the wizard101 item that's somewhere in my computer but still wont actually uninstall it. Still skips the uninstall process and cuts to saying finished uninstalling.

Administrator
Hello,

Then an email to support@wizard101.com will be your best course of action, so they can assist you with this issue further. Sorry for the inconvenience.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 09, 2012
Alright,
Thanks for your assistance anyways good to know
you guys are on watch for problems