Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A sorcerers guide to Wintertusk [Solo-style]

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 24, 2010
So when you first start out, as a balance you'll notice ice mobs,bosses,etc - AND it is absolutely dreadful!
Because personally I HATE ice bosses, and mobs. I feel that they rely way to much on defense aka spamming tower shields each round and having absurd damage. Like seriously an icezilla does like 700 damage!

But anyways. I'm here to teach you! Yes you! How to solo *MOST* of Wintertusk as a sorcerer (Balance).

Firstly if the bosses are storm/death/life/fire/etc and are NOT ice then all you really need to do is simply shield up, cast helping hands after you shield and then just save your pips and use feint if you got it.

Now for all of this I recommend an amulet called "Seal of seven seas" you can find it in the bazaar for 10k+ gold.
Also the main type of gear I use is damage robes/hat/boots - I don't rely on critical's often - but having a 7% chance they often do show up. And I have a athame that gives me 25% healing boost and a ring that gives me another 25%.

And most of you are probably thinking: "Why not get critical,resist,etc!". Well the healing boost I get is so massive that I get 600 health every round from helping hands. (I CAN'T WAIT TILL I GET AVAILING HANDS AT LEVEL 55!)

Now enough of that. Let's talk about strategies.

Simply fill your deck with 2-3 reshuffles and have max spectral blast and astral spells that increase your spells damage. Then every 3-4 rounds cast helping hands/availing hands and then just hit the enemy with Spectral blast if you have the pips.

This way of fighting typically takes 10-20 minutes, but it is gurranteed that you will most likely win - This type of fighting is a more defensive approach and relies on 'pick' damage.

Now the Ultimate-god-omg-bbq-pro strategy (Aka killing the boss/enemy in one hit!)

Get an amulet feint, blade up, blade up, stack blades - did I mention you should blade up? And then try to defend your self with as much shields as possible and when you have enough pips UNLEASH THE JUDGEMENT! and often times - if you are good at it you can do up to 10,000 damage at lower levels.

I hope this guide helps you on how to solo. Mostly casting HoT spells (Heal over Time) will definitely help you! I use a strategy of pick damage - but everyone is different. Try to keep your spell deck as clean and compact as possible. Having super good gear isn't required, but it will help you in the process.

Jacob - level 54 Balance Wizard.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Jacob StormTalon on Oct 13, 2014 wrote:
So when you first start out, as a balance you'll notice ice mobs,bosses,etc - AND it is absolutely dreadful!
Because personally I HATE ice bosses, and mobs. I feel that they rely way to much on defense aka spamming tower shields each round and having absurd damage. Like seriously an icezilla does like 700 damage!

But anyways. I'm here to teach you! Yes you! How to solo *MOST* of Wintertusk as a sorcerer (Balance).

Firstly if the bosses are storm/death/life/fire/etc and are NOT ice then all you really need to do is simply shield up, cast helping hands after you shield and then just save your pips and use feint if you got it.

Now for all of this I recommend an amulet called "Seal of seven seas" you can find it in the bazaar for 10k+ gold.
Also the main type of gear I use is damage robes/hat/boots - I don't rely on critical's often - but having a 7% chance they often do show up. And I have a athame that gives me 25% healing boost and a ring that gives me another 25%.

And most of you are probably thinking: "Why not get critical,resist,etc!". Well the healing boost I get is so massive that I get 600 health every round from helping hands. (I CAN'T WAIT TILL I GET AVAILING HANDS AT LEVEL 55!)

Now enough of that. Let's talk about strategies.

Simply fill your deck with 2-3 reshuffles and have max spectral blast and astral spells that increase your spells damage. Then every 3-4 rounds cast helping hands/availing hands and then just hit the enemy with Spectral blast if you have the pips.

This way of fighting typically takes 10-20 minutes, but it is gurranteed that you will most likely win - This type of fighting is a more defensive approach and relies on 'pick' damage.

Now the Ultimate-god-omg-bbq-pro strategy (Aka killing the boss/enemy in one hit!)

Get an amulet feint, blade up, blade up, stack blades - did I mention you should blade up? And then try to defend your self with as much shields as possible and when you have enough pips UNLEASH THE JUDGEMENT! and often times - if you are good at it you can do up to 10,000 damage at lower levels.

I hope this guide helps you on how to solo. Mostly casting HoT spells (Heal over Time) will definitely help you! I use a strategy of pick damage - but everyone is different. Try to keep your spell deck as clean and compact as possible. Having super good gear isn't required, but it will help you in the process.

Jacob - level 54 Balance Wizard.
I'm level 63 balance, currently questing solo in Wintertusk. The guide was perfect for me, and I do agree that ice mobs and balance mobs are a challenge. I've generally been on the offensive side with okay critical, 52% balance damage, 80% power pips, 3681 health, but I only have 16% resist to three schools, 20% to three, and like 30% to balance. Also my healing boost is terrible, with only 7% incoming. I'll try to be more defensive since I seem to lose a lot. I'm only in Austriland, hard to advance because of really hard cheating bosses. But thanks for the guide!

Myrna Dragoncloud, Legendary

Survivor
Nov 09, 2012
thank you so much helped me a lot

Survivor
Nov 24, 2010
Glad I could help everyone! Managed to solo my way up through Austrilund and Vestrilund (INCLUDING THE FINAL BOSSES! :D)

now i'm in Sudrilund and i'm getting my new spell