Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance should have its own blade

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 06, 2011
Earlier, I was playing on my level 28 wizard. I thought it was very annoying of how when balance wizards get any kind of weakness blade, but cannot remove it because balanceblades trigger any school attack. There would be no way to get rid of the weakness. Playing as a balance would be much easier if balance had its own blade, which can't be triggered by any other school, or just change the balanceblade to only trigger balance attacks.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
KatherineDragonBla... on Sep 28, 2014 wrote:
Earlier, I was playing on my level 28 wizard. I thought it was very annoying of how when balance wizards get any kind of weakness blade, but cannot remove it because balanceblades trigger any school attack. There would be no way to get rid of the weakness. Playing as a balance would be much easier if balance had its own blade, which can't be triggered by any other school, or just change the balanceblade to only trigger balance attacks.
i agree; however, it will never happen, because it would just be something else for pvp'ers to cry about.

in the meantime, buy lots of cleanse charm tc and stuff them in your sideboard. it's a pain, but we really don't have a choice.

-von

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
That is a horrible idea you guys are way to op in pvp you have no shields so can't be blocked AND SUPERNOVA it destroys star aura's yet you want to add more op I think not

Defender
Jun 29, 2014
Yay! That's correct!

Explorer
Feb 02, 2014
interesting point and I agree. If I want to cast a 0 pip to remove weakness on my fire toon I can and not lose my fire blades and traps. Whereas if I am on my balance and have used hex and try to 0 pip remove my weakness debuff I lose my hex.

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
Cleanse Charm TC will take care of that, or just buff past the Weakness.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
I know how you feel KatherineDragonBlade. But that's why it's balance. It's made up of all the schools and sometimes you can't get lucky all the time.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Katherine,

I use to think this also, but over the past years of playing I have learned to work around this
weakness. All schools have their weakness, and this is a key one of Balance, as their traps.
To change this, would remove a key weakness, then it would be just like all other wizards.
Once that happens, they would have to create a Balance shield, and we lose our one
key ability. So I would like to see things stay as they are, overall we are better off having this
limitation.