Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Hatching is NOT random

AuthorMessage
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Veracity8 on Oct 12, 2014 wrote:
One thing that I have noticed, is that if a pet has a group of three or four talents
all together, they often are transferred to the offspring in that same order.
So, the entire group will transfer to the new pet, and you can be sure of what you have.

So when I am hatching, and two of the talents that I want are in a group of three or
four, I will use that pet, along with a different pet that has a grouping. If you can
find patterns in pets like this, it can often accelerate the process of getting what you
want in the final pet.

I also find it's easier to get someone to hatch with you, if you have a pet they want.
So, if you want someone with Myth Talents to hatch with you, start with a pet that
most Myth want, etc.

I have hatched hundreds, I know more than 600 pets, and I would say that
75 percent or more are discarded. Of that 25 percent, they are re-hatched and
then discarded. I have six pets that are close to what I want, two being almost perfect.

The problem is, the game changes, and the talents are always in flux, so now I
am hatching again, trying to get a better pet. It can be a never ending process,
once you get into it, that's why you need a solid set of gardens for mega snacks.

One thing that most do, is build as many megs snacks that you can, and them bring
up your pets in the Test realm. Then you know exactly which pets you want to
bring up in the regular game. The rest that turned out with Talents you don't want,
can be discarded and you don't waste Mega's on them.
Talents always appear in the same order. It's well documented by the pet genome project on fan sites. Like Spell Proof always appears above Spritely and Spell Defy will always be below those and Fairy Friend aways below all of them. All talents appear in the same places in referrence to each other on the list.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
seethe42 on Oct 12, 2014 wrote:
Talents always appear in the same order. It's well documented by the pet genome project on fan sites. Like Spell Proof always appears above Spritely and Spell Defy will always be below those and Fairy Friend aways below all of them. All talents appear in the same places in referrence to each other on the list.
seethe42,

Thanks, never looked at the Pet project, but that's good data to know.