Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Player Guide Update

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Prof. Greyrose,

I was reviewing the Wizard101 Player Guide and it seems some of the information in the School of Magic section is outdated, all in regards to Astral Magic.

The last portion of the Sun School description is, "Sun School cards cannot be used on Rank 0 spells or Rank X spells." This is not accurate since, for example, Tempest can be enchanted with Giant.

The other portion is Star School. In the description it indicates that, "Auras are unique and different from other magic in that they can't be stacked, broken, or dispelled but they will disappear over time." This is no longer accurate given that Supernova specifically states it destroys auras.

Finally, the Player Guide insinuates that Astral magic can only be found in Celestia with the statement, "these schools are only available to players level 50 and over and can be found in the world of Celestia." Recommend that portion be changed to, "these schools are only available for training to players level 50 and over" since players can get these spells as item cards much lower than level 50 and the fact that almost half of the Astral spells are located outside of Celestia.

https://www.wizard101.com/w101playersguide/magic-schools3

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The schools ARE only available to level 50+ players. Getting them as items or pets or treasure cards has no effect on what level the SCHOOLS are available. A level 1 Fire Wizard can have a Storm Lord card, that doesn't mean Storm school spells are available to level 1 Fire. You must access Celestia and be level 50+ to access Astral schools. I get my school spells all over the spiral, it doesn't really need to be said that trainers exist in various places.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
seethe42 on Aug 26, 2014 wrote:
The schools ARE only available to level 50+ players. Getting them as items or pets or treasure cards has no effect on what level the SCHOOLS are available. A level 1 Fire Wizard can have a Storm Lord card, that doesn't mean Storm school spells are available to level 1 Fire. You must access Celestia and be level 50+ to access Astral schools. I get my school spells all over the spiral, it doesn't really need to be said that trainers exist in various places.
I don't believe you understand what I am asking for. I'm not asking for every trainer to be put in the player guide. Please re-read my suggestion (the part in quotes).

Schools are available for training at level 50.....that is what I would like be updated, since astral schools are now available for use below level 50 (since at the time the player guide added astral schools, it was only available above level 50 in any form). Players who read the Player Guide before getting to Celestia, may not understand that they can get the spells before level 50 (either from items, TCs, etc).

Finally, your example with the Fire and Storm schools doesn't make sense. The Storm school is available to a level 1 Fire wizard.....the fire wizard can immediately train Thunder Snake (Storm School) as soon as they have an available training point.

Wow, didn't realize this suggestion would cause such a backlash.