Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Have you done Briskbreeze Tower?

Yes.
57% [42]
No.
32% [24]
I'm not high enough level yet.
9% [7]

Feedback Friday 8-22-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Friday has graced us with it's presence once more, and thus, it's time to talk about something new!

Today, I'd like to poll the Wizard population about a specific location - Briskbreeze. Have you completed Briskbreeze Tower? If you have, what is your favorite thing about it? If not, what would influence you to go back and complete it?

Have a happy Friday, and a phenomenal weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Mar 14, 2011
i got the quest to do briskbreeze but i never tried it my sister did and she said the final boss used a 12000 damage scarecrow so i dont want to try yet

~ Anthony MythFlame lvl 82 Three Points
~Hunter DeathFlame lvl 62 Savannah
~Jack DarkBlood lvl 40 Village of Sorrow
~Jason RavenBreeze lvl 30 Takakai Outpost

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I've done it a few times. It's kind of a right of passage at level 50 but doesn't drop anything special so it's just usually once per wiz for the badge. I'd do it again for drops, or as part of another quest (for the Professor or to unlock a world or a spell or something)

The cheat bosses are fun. Having so many mob floors feels like a bit of a time waste but they are easy at least.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
I have been in briskbreeze tower when it was first released, mainly for the powerful ring. Now that there are other rings easily available from both regular npc vendors and the bazaar, the only possible think I could think of for people to want to go in would be the badge. That's also why I would want to go in now. But once I get the badge, I have it and never go in again. Something that would want me to go back in would be better drop rewards. Drop rewards being maybe cool looking equipment, more powerful equipment, or maybe something completely new.

Explorer
Sep 01, 2009
I have completed it, I love how much of a tide turner it was for the game, if I recall correctly it was the first cheating boss of the game.

I have to say though, it's been Four years, and still no Krokotopia Version. I know THAT would interest us, especially with some nice drops ;)

Survivor
May 17, 2010
i dont really know what to say about it you get nothing good from it

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I did complete the tower with my first wizard. I don't know if I have ever come back to it though, even with my other wizards. It is not an instance that is very memorable for me, honestly.

For the most part, I really don't like the long dungeons with cheating bosses.

So I have to say, I did not have a "favorite part" to this tower. I would actually prefer it if all dungeons could be completed in a shorter time span. Keep it short, and I would be more likely to come back.

Hero
May 02, 2009
I have, and I think my favorite part of it was how it was the tower that basically just introduced us all to the whole cheating boss mechanics as well. Now that being said though, however, I know that I and allot of other people as well would just love to see the continuation of the whole Briskbreeze/Gauntlet of Woe storyline that you made back then, if you can even do so that is to say of course, so there's that at least.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
where is it again

katie frostflower level 48 i am in dragonspyre

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I'm not really a fan of dungeons like that, but I'm also not strongly against them. The only strong opinion I have about briskbreeze at all is that the cliffhanger at the end needs to be resolved. Use as many, or as few dungeons as you want, but please finish the story.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I would go back and complete it again, if the storyline was continued.....

hint, hint

Survivor
Jan 18, 2014
What level do you have to be to do brisk breeze tower anyways
I am a level 23 wizard

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
The ability to get a rare in game item that increases an important characteristic when worn. At the time the dungeon was released, the Briskbreeze ring was important if we wanted to increase damage. It was a superior choice to the Gurtok ring at lvl 50 for my PvP game.

In order for me to return, there would need to be a direct benefit of a superior piece of gear at my level or other item to enhance my gaming experience.

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
One of my four wizards (my necromancers) completed it when she was level 77 or 78. The best thing about it... getting it out of her quest book.

My pyromancer is level 61. She hasn't gone near it yet.

My other two wizards aren't high enough level.

Miranda Nightsinger, Exalted
Scarlet Windhammer, Legendary
Iridian Lotusblade, Magus
Sabrina Boomblossom, Journeyman

Survivor
Jul 27, 2014
Well, Ms. Falmea. I will sure enough visit and do the full tower as soon as possible when I reach the right enough level

Survivor
May 02, 2009
Half of my wizards have completed it and the other half just avoided it, perhaps what would make us return to it would be explaining the story that was happening there just left off with it saying we would be headed towards Krokotopia? i believe.. but still nothing has happened since then? In Other Words.. What Happens Next?!?

Survivor
Jan 24, 2014
Well,
Never gave it a try haha..
Maybe because I'd heard many horror stories of cruel bosses or I directly wanted to jump to Waterworks.. :/

~Adrian DarkFlame & Eric
Level 100 & Level 100

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I did it on my first wizard, maybe on my second too. So no point in doing it on others after that. There's really no reward worth the trouble. It's a deadend story with no real rewards worth repeating it. The story needs a reason to go on and complete it. As it stands there's really no point in it.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
I have 7 wizards that have completed it - the tower was fun and challenging. At one time, we use to farm it for drops - something that the level requirements don't need anymore because of pack gear or crowns gear.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Your poll question and your actual question are quite different. Have I 'done' Briskbreeze? Yep.
Have I completed it? No.

I have tried several times and will not go back. Luckily, that wizard was deleted a long time ago. The others will never accept this quest.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2014
The bosses knock you out in one hit, and I hate the bosses that cheat, like briskbreeze and the celestian tower in marleybone

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
I have done it and will not do it again. the first time was enough thanks. nothing special in the drops got the badge good enough.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I completed it on my first wizard because I didn't know it was optional. I waited weeks for a "team" to complete it with after failed attempts. Between sitting and waiting there and then Marleybone Tower to get into Celestia I held up a month of game time waiting...

Would never take it again on any of my future wizards and was glad the Warehouse was removed from required to get into Celestia on my next wizard.

Accept for saying you completed it, I am unaware of any valuable drops it offers.

Mary

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Yes. I always do towers at least once. I haven't done that one a lot because there's nothing to farm, but it's a must-do for the badge when I get to that level.

My favorite part is the cheat bosses. I'd go back for interesting drops or another quest, though the needless mob floors would bug me if I was farming it often.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I would enjoy Briskbreeze more if there were a secret boss or two, and perhaps if the top floor were redecorated, so it looks even more distinct from all the other floors.

I also would like it if the bosses scaled to the lowest level in your party.