Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Throw it back option for fishing

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
In the process of trying to get enough Cuddlefish to craft bazaar tapestries for all my wizards I've caught an enormous number of useless Deathacudas, wasting three points of energy on each, and which I then have to traipse over to Lucky Hookline to sell for gold that my wizard doesn't need. What she does need is less energy being wasted.

My suggestion is to give us a "Throw it back" option for the fish we don't want, and have that "catch" only cost us one point in energy rather than three. The fish we throw back should also be automatically scared away, so we don't risk catching it again.

Explorer
May 26, 2012
That is actually a great idea but you might have to waste a energy point or two (which defeats your point, right?)

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I like it. I'd rather spend 1energy throwing it back than 3energy keeping something I don't want, letting it take up my fishing storage.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2014
Oh wow, i was just thinking to post this idea, well i am late

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
prairiefalcon on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
In the process of trying to get enough Cuddlefish to craft bazaar tapestries for all my wizards I've caught an enormous number of useless Deathacudas, wasting three points of energy on each, and which I then have to traipse over to Lucky Hookline to sell for gold that my wizard doesn't need. What she does need is less energy being wasted.

My suggestion is to give us a "Throw it back" option for the fish we don't want, and have that "catch" only cost us one point in energy rather than three. The fish we throw back should also be automatically scared away, so we don't risk catching it again.
Actually, they should give us the option to convert them into pet snacks. Each fish, based off of length, would be worth a certain number of XP. You figure, every 3 feet would be another training point or two.

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
prairiefalcon on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:

As carebarelover said...that would be a waste of energy. As you're wasting MORE energy, to get rid of a fish it took you energy to catch in the first place. And it's not just Lucky you can go to to sell. if you're in Grizzle you can go to..to...drat forget their names but the two fishing bears on the river in northguard over by savastaard. Hopefully KI will add more NPC's to get more fishing quests from and to sell fish to in other worlds.

*shrug*

Connor lvl 97

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
On the energy, my thinking is that if we throw it back we are charged only 1 point in energy, as if it got away, rather than the 3 points we get charged for a catch. It would have to be something you decide when you first catch it and see what it is, before it goes into your fish bank.

I know the fish can be sold in Grizzleheim, too, but that's not my point: my wizard doesn't need the gold (she's constantly hitting the cap), and I don't want to have to go anywhere to sell fish. What I want is to not have to waste so much energy on fish I never wanted in the first place.

Explorer
May 17, 2009
dayerider on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
Actually, they should give us the option to convert them into pet snacks. Each fish, based off of length, would be worth a certain number of XP. You figure, every 3 feet would be another training point or two.
I like that idea as well. We can feed useless furniture items etc. to our pets so why not a fish? It could randomly give you gold or maybe up your pet a few XP like the furnitures items and stuff do now.

Another thing KI could consider is maybe making a fish shack in the shopping area. It would not only bring more life back into the shopping area itself but it could be like a bazaar only for fish. People could sell their unwanted catch of the day there for gold and others could have the option to buy them for crafting spells etc. KI could also offer a variety of craftable item recipes there as well that use fish.