Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

People cheating in pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
I was doing a lvl 5 pvp and this kid kept criticaling me. turns out he used a glitch to move items over to his other char. He was lvl 14. wt????????

Also i saw another person with the icon.

Plz people help i am so cinfused! X.x

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
That's not cheating, it's called the shared bank.
Bartleby only knows what's with those Moon wizards, it could be a glitch, a hack, or a teaser.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
reagiec03 on Aug 12, 2014 wrote:
I was doing a lvl 5 pvp and this kid kept criticaling me. turns out he used a glitch to move items over to his other char. He was lvl 14. wt????????

There is no way to cheat in this game and it was not a glitch.
What they did was used their shared bank - something every single player can do - to gain special gear for his character.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Robobot1747 on Aug 12, 2014 wrote:
That's not cheating, it's called the shared bank.
Bartleby only knows what's with those Moon wizards, it could be a glitch, a hack, or a teaser.
It's a hack. It's been reported before. People use 3rd party software to change the school icon so you don't know what they really are. Some can also read player to player chat, see what card you are playing, and cheat in derby by increasing speed. You'll see them in PvE occasionally zooming around much faster than everyone else (not KI workers). It is totally against the rules and bannable but some do it anyway.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
So someone figured out a way to use critical gear on a Level 14 character? That's really outrageous. Can we get a patch for that?

I'm not stepping foot in the ranked arena until the Spiral starts making sense again.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
Guys i am not lying about the critical rating. he had the staff of the flashing blades! he was lvl 14! and the staff of the flashing blades is a no trade item. He said he stiched it with the hades staff and traded it over and equpied it somehow. I reported him for having it equpied on a lvl 14 when it really is 60+

Survivor
Jun 17, 2013
Trust me it's not a hack and so what big deal the had critical gear wow! just saying its nothing to get caught in !
Stay Frosty!
Blaze LightMancer
Legendary Thaumaturge

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009

its something called aura Get it or dont pvp at all

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
killrobobot1747 on Aug 13, 2014 wrote:
its something called aura Get it or dont pvp at all
Nope, read up. This has nothing to do with aura. It's a hack.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
Lucas Rain on Aug 13, 2014 wrote:
Nope, read up. This has nothing to do with aura. It's a hack.
your answer does not make any sense

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
killrobobot1747 on Aug 13, 2014 wrote:
your answer does not make any sense
Critical gear moved by the shared bank was the reason for critical.
Hacks are the reason for Moon school wizards.

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
if he was criticalling a bunch it is definently a hack. if you see him do it again report him.

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
actually, the moving things from character to character is not a hack or glitch but the icon and the criticalling is definently a hack.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2012
yes this is a hack because a while back i seen three different wizards all in the lvl 25-30 a life balance and storm stitch the lvl 60+ warlord wand and they would all critical in pvp all in different matches btw ok KI really needs to fix this

Explorer
Feb 28, 2009

The guy prob had a critical pet. Also i wouldn't recommend ranked pvp to new people or average PVE players. If your new you prob won't understand everything thats going on in the arena, such as a person coming back to life after dieing or changing form ,. Try practice pvp first, and please don't get offended by "average PVE players" by that i mean players who play just quest and aren't like hardcore players or vets who farm every gear they see as powerful or worthwhile. Also i reached my milestone of getting the tri power schools all warlords :D . Oh and if your wondering, i'm a hardcore/vet pvp guy lol. I hope that answered your question.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
DarkAce88 on Aug 14, 2014 wrote:
The guy prob had a critical pet. Also i wouldn't recommend ranked pvp to new people or average PVE players. If your new you prob won't understand everything thats going on in the arena, such as a person coming back to life after dieing or changing form ,. Try practice pvp first, and please don't get offended by "average PVE players" by that i mean players who play just quest and aren't like hardcore players or vets who farm every gear they see as powerful or worthwhile. Also i reached my milestone of getting the tri power schools all warlords :D . Oh and if your wondering, i'm a hardcore/vet pvp guy lol. I hope that answered your question.
No. As you can see from previous posts, there is an outstanding (and bannable) exploit players are using. This player at Level 14 was using gear that should not be accessible to him/her, it was not because of a pet.

I would like to know what KI intends to do about this--as if PvP didn't have enough problems already.

Administrator
We are investigating the issue. Thanks for all the information everyone.

community@wizard101.com
Squire
May 10, 2013
DarkAce88 on Aug 14, 2014 wrote:
Even if it was a pet, there is no legit way to choose a Moon School as your character.
That's just hacking the code of the game. And read up.
He said the staff of the flashing blades! That's the Level 60+ Warlord Gear! Now that's a hack.
Plus, even if the pet was the answer, he would have probably been crit once or twice. The word "kept" solves that.

@RoboGuy + RavenLady:
He said that the Staff of the Flashing Blades at Level 14, + the Staff is "No Trade"

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
If it is a hack, that is unfortunate. I am glad the Professor said they are investigating.

However, it is possible to get critical gear and pets for lower level wizards through legitimate means. It helps to have higher level wizards train pets for lower level wizards, and then move them through the bank.

It also helps to spend some time researching the different gear options available for your school at different levels, to find out what gear is most powerful. Duelist101 website has some good guides, but I found just going through the information on different kinds of gear on Wizard101 Central was most helpful to me. It took time, but you can find really good equipment, and know what to buy or try to farm. Much of the strong equipment is crowns gear, or gear that is dropped from dungeons -- but some of the best stuff comes from the packs, which go on sale from time to time. Of course, the packs are also a gamble, so you may or may not get what you want...

Once I decided to actually try to succeed at PVP, instead of being upset by my losses, I started observing what the winners did as they beat me. Then I researched, and found ways to do what they do. Two of the first requirements for PVP are good gear and good pets. If you can find critical boosting gear/pets at low levels, that is a big asset to you.

My lower level death wizard criticals fairly often. It is entirely within the rules of the game -- I just took the time to get him properly equipped.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
Guys he had the staff of the flashing blades on a lvl 14 char... that's impossible its no trade. and he is lvl 14 lol this is nothing about aura or pets its about a lvl 14 having the staff of the flashing blades equiped

Survivor
Jul 28, 2014
reagiec03 on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
Guys he had the staff of the flashing blades on a lvl 14 char... that's impossible its no trade. and he is lvl 14 lol this is nothing about aura or pets its about a lvl 14 having the staff of the flashing blades equiped
Yes he may of had it, But did it have pvp stats? or did he stitch it and put different stats on it and move it to shared bank?

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
I just figure out they added that you can but the staff of the flashing blades at any level. I think this may have been a new update they added when the servers were down from 3:00 am to 6:00 am. Thanks

sincerely, Reag