Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Adding "Hilarious" to the chat dictionary.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 18, 2014
I think it would be a good idea to add the word "hilarious" to the dictionary. I use quite a few larger and more complicated words and I don't often say "funny." I can't believe that hasn't been added yet! Please, take my request into consideration.

Dakota Sky, Lvl 62
Cheyenne Winterblossom, Lvl 33
Wolf Griffinflame, Lvl 17

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Defender
Mar 24, 2009
Please! Saying "that's funny!" just sounds robotic and, well, not funny.

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
I want to be able to use numbers while chatting. It just drives me nuts that I can't. In a group fight, I'll be trying to tell someone to, for example, take out the second guy to the right, but the word 'second' doesn't show up. Or if I want to tell someone I have one of some sort of card left, I can't do that either. Why can't we use numbers? They aren't cuss words so I don't understand why it's an issue. We need numbers! I'm dying without my numbers!

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
Alexan580 on Aug 5, 2014 wrote:
I want to be able to use numbers while chatting. It just drives me nuts that I can't. In a group fight, I'll be trying to tell someone to, for example, take out the second guy to the right, but the word 'second' doesn't show up. Or if I want to tell someone I have one of some sort of card left, I can't do that either. Why can't we use numbers? They aren't cuss words so I don't understand why it's an issue. We need numbers! I'm dying without my numbers!
For the sake of the youngsters, KI blocks numbers so that the kiddies don't give away each other's info. (phone numbers, addresses, etc.) I mean, would you like a random person that you only know his/her wizard name and stuff coming to your house? I thought so..... One is the only word that is a number and doesn't get blocked, fyi. Btw I'm not a parent or anything, so don't go like "You parents/adults are all the same"

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
dragon princess on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:
For the sake of the youngsters, KI blocks numbers so that the kiddies don't give away each other's info. (phone numbers, addresses, etc.) I mean, would you like a random person that you only know his/her wizard name and stuff coming to your house? I thought so..... One is the only word that is a number and doesn't get blocked, fyi. Btw I'm not a parent or anything, so don't go like "You parents/adults are all the same"
I'm not a parent either, but I agree that there needs to be some measure of security in place to prevent the little ones from putting their safety at risk.

That said, there are other ways of doing this: KI could allow numbers, but block the specific word combos that would indicate someone is giving away personal info.

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
i would rather just say funny. and about the numbers thing, dragon princess is right. you might be an older player but you have to think about the younger players too.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
You can use numbers in the chat log, you just need open chat. But before you to get to get open chat you would need to have an account the age of 18+, and of bought something using a valid credit card, master card, etc. You can't find any issues with KIDS being able to say nothings? Phone numbers, home addresses, credit card numbers, etc. Understand a little more now?

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Defender
Jun 24, 2009
Dragon Princess was right on the money for this question. I also got it answered awhile back in another thread when I questioned why it wasn't allowed and because of how complex number combinations can be for stuff it makes sense that they'd block numbers. Now if you have open chat you can say numbers but you have to take responsibility for what you say. Hence why open chat isn't available for everyone without parental consent. Heck text chat isn't available without parental consent for very good reason.

Explorer
Aug 13, 2013
get open chat and then you can use numbers and numbers also can tell phone numbers, age, adress, personal info, to say the least it causes allot of problems if the dangers aren't known lol

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
@shadowstreem, some people won't get open chat, so it would be nice if you could say it anyway.

Adorable should also be added. I agree completely as well.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
dragon princess on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:
Text chat is available to people from 13-17, I don't know why they can't use numbers, I'm pretty sure they know not to give personal information. Back on topic, yeah that's a great idea. I was wondering why I couldn't type that and I began freaking out in case I spelt it wrong (I'm a good speller so If I can't spell hilarious, it would be hilariously scary).