Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Am I the only one who gets two secondaries?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 11, 2012
So, from what I can tell, most people only have one secondary. However, I personally get two secondaries for more variety. Sure, you'll end up with a lot of weak spells, but it's okay, I guess. Does anyone else do this?

Laura Dreamgiver, Level 30

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Mistyride on Jul 30, 2014 wrote:
So, from what I can tell, most people only have one secondary. However, I personally get two secondaries for more variety. Sure, you'll end up with a lot of weak spells, but it's okay, I guess. Does anyone else do this?

Most of my wizards, not storm, get death to feint. Then I pick up the Tri blade and trap from Niles in Krock Land then I get the Sun "fists" at level 50 in Celestia. I try to stick to spells that enhance or boost my school given ones and pretty much stay true to my school.

Some of my wizards have reshuffle. Ice to tower on my Storm is probably in line now that I am moving into Zafaria. As power pips from gear becomes available out of school spells end up costing more then they are worth to cast unless you have the amulet for that school and some damage boosts in your gear.

Mary

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
I tend not to think of them as additional secondaries, but all of my wizards have trained (or will train) spells in multiple schools outside their primaries. My necromancer trained Life to Sanctuary and Myth to 'frog. My pyromancer has trained Ice to Colossus and Storm to Kraken; she'll train Life to Satyr. My sorcerer is in the process of training Death to Wraith, Ice to Blizzard, Fire to Meteor Strike, and Myth to 'frog. My theurgist is in the process of training Balance to Hydra, Death to Vampire, and Myth to 'frog.

Miranda Nightsinger, Exalted Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Grandmaster Pyromancer
Iridian Lotusblade, Magus Sorcerer
Sabrina Boomblossom, Initiate Theurgist

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Depending on the primary school, I'd say most experienced players learn Death to Feint, Life to Satyr and Ice to Tower. Secondary schools are almost never used for attacking, players learn them for their utility spells.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2013
I have a spell bought with training points for every school except storm, moon and life on my death wiz. Nothing is wrong with having more than one school of spells spent with tps

Gavin MythBreaker lvl 90

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
I get to Satyr or to Tower first on all my wizards. Then I get the other one, except for which doesn't usually need to heal. After that, I have damage boosts as first priority, and to Feint as second. After that, I get some spells according to my needs, and lastly the level 8 shields from some schools for extra protection, saving three or four points for Sharpen, Potent and my Azteca aura(s).

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I did have 2 secondary schools on my first wizard, and I bought all of her points back at level 80. It was an expensive mistake that I will never repeat.

After that, I saved most of my points for the star and sun spells at level 50+. All of my wizards have trained Death to Feint, with the exception of Storm (she has Ice to Tower instead).

Survivor
May 11, 2011
For my I kept a few of since those were the once balance mainly worked with. Getting into higher levels, i added a amulet and studied those up to Satyr.

Most of my other 5 have a secondary, and an amulet for that secondary, until enough training points are earned to study a third school, for whatever purpose.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Mistyride on Jul 30, 2014 wrote:

They only have one secondary because most people choose to learn astral spells. I would save your training points for those, they are pretty cool.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Dragoncloud888 on Aug 3, 2014 wrote:
They only have one secondary because most people choose to learn astral spells. I would save your training points for those, they are pretty cool.
There's no need to save training points. Don't go wasting them of course, but you get 45 training points through the course of the game.