Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Zeus Drop Rate

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 04, 2013
Hey guys.

I was just wondering if any of you reading this are level 30 or above. If you are, good you will understand this. At level 30 Mount Olympus opens up and there is a boss in there that drops some of the most amazing gear for such a low level.His name is Zeus and he a myth boss. Anyway, i think the drop rate needs to be increased. If you disagree, well then have a look at how long it took me to get it:

After 5 attempts i got the boots
After 14 attempts i got the helm
And after a massive 25 attempts i finally got the robe!

I think the drop rate needs to be increased badly. There is another gear set known as the senator set. Not only does it look bad, but it drops way to much. I ended up having about five sets of the same senator gear and i got sick of it. Please KI increase the drop rate of Zeus Mount Olympus.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
That's a reasonable number of attempts for a low level boss. Hades and Waterworks gear often take a lot more tries and they are much longer harder dungeons. Zeus is easily done with a low level party or soloed with a mid-level wizard. Senator gear will plague you all the way through Tartarus, get used to it.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Talon Spiritbreake... on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
Hey guys.

I was just wondering if any of you reading this are level 30 or above. If you are, good you will understand this. At level 30 Mount Olympus opens up and there is a boss in there that drops some of the most amazing gear for such a low level.His name is Zeus and he a myth boss. Anyway, i think the drop rate needs to be increased. If you disagree, well then have a look at how long it took me to get it:

I think the drop rate needs to be increased badly. There is another gear set known as the senator set. Not only does it look bad, but it drops way to much. I ended up having about five sets of the same senator gear and i got sick of it. Please KI increase the drop rate of Zeus Mount Olympus.
I too believe farming in the game has gotten a little over board. I guess it's all about keeping people busy at something?

The results are mixed with farming: some get what they want relatively quickly, others not so much, some walk away with disgust for the game in general. The dreaded "the other guy did nothing and got my item" is a lot of fun too.

Most players love the idea of "farming" or it wouldn't be in the game, others avoid it like the plague. I am the latter. I just can't get myself to repeat something mindlessly for massive amounts of time for a "chance to get", when I could be questing, crafting or even the dreaded pet training, lol. After doing WW with my first 2 wizards I found it's just not for me. If I farm now it's easy bosses for silly things. Trash in Marleybone, Leopard Pet in Drum Jungle - stuff like that, this way if I don't get it after a few tries I can just walk away from it.

Mary FrogGem

Survivor
Aug 20, 2012
I have only obtained boots, but I have obtained his wand (not really good) and most of the senator set. I believe the drop rate needs to be increased for the Zeus set by a tad.

Survivor
Dec 01, 2013
Talon Spiritbreake... on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
Hey guys.

Well I think the drop right is perfect. The dungeon makes me do it again which gives me more of the Senator's set and non-Olympus equipment. I can feed my pet the Senator's set, Sky Iron Hastas, and other no auction items and just sell the rest. I usually get about an average off 500 to 600 gold per item. Sometimes I can get about 10,000 to 30,000 gold in a day since it's summer for now .I rarely feed my pet a Sky Iron Hasta because it bare gives me 1 GOLD

While not including the low level snacks to sell and the dropped gold from each battle, the drop rate isn't bad at all and should not be increased. That would only take away the the fun in the dungeon.

P.S. This is my first post but I started play in December.
Andrew BattleBlade Rank 36 , Andrew DragonBlood Rank 31 , Andrew GiantHaven Rank 20 , Andrew SoulThief Rank 24{almost 25}, And Andrew ThunderEyes Rank 32 .