Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragonspyre

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 19, 2014
Dragonspyre has lead me to the brink of quiting the entire game. I don't know if wizard101 devs realize this but dragonspyre still needs updates. Since dragonspyre is almost abandoned and you either have to have a friend to help or end up soloing and another thing is that almost every single mob in dragonspyre have weakness its so awful to get rid of them every single battle so I still like the challenge but would like a bit lower health and weakness to be gone from most mobs

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Darkmist187 on Jul 18, 2014 wrote:
Dragonspyre has lead me to the brink of quiting the entire game. I don't know if wizard101 devs realize this but dragonspyre still needs updates. Since dragonspyre is almost abandoned and you either have to have a friend to help or end up soloing and another thing is that almost every single mob in dragonspyre have weakness its so awful to get rid of them every single battle so I still like the challenge but would like a bit lower health and weakness to be gone from most mobs
oh, if you think that's bad, just wait until you get to azteca.

i understand where you're coming from: my time-zone and work hours have me all over the place, so i often don't have the luxury of playing with my friends (or even finding a group through team up) and have to solo if i want to progress in-game.

that said, i have soloed 95% of the game on 4 of my 5 main-account wizards (the 5th one dual-boxed so, even though there were 2 wizards involved, it was still just me), and you can too. here's what i suggest:

1) deck setup

keep your deck pared down to the bare minimum; that way, the cards you need are available when you need them and fights don't take forever (this, in turn, reduces the odds that you will die in combat or have to fend off weakness multiple times).

2) your sideboard

-always carry a different school wand (if you are ice, for example, don't use an ice wand); this allows you to wand off weakness and/or tower shields without losing your blades.

exception: balance wizards cannot wand off weakness without losing their blades. if you are balance, keep cleanse charm treasures in your sideboard at all times.

-do not carry heals or shields for mob fights, and keep some in your side deck for bosses. that way, they are easily available if you need them, but are not taking up valuable deck space.

weakness-spamming isn't fun, but it doesn't have to completely ruin your game. hope this helps!

-von

exalted
transcendent
grandmaster
magus

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
Dr Von on Jul 20, 2014 wrote:
oh, if you think that's bad, just wait until you get to azteca.

i understand where you're coming from: my time-zone and work hours have me all over the place, so i often don't have the luxury of playing with my friends (or even finding a group through team up) and have to solo if i want to progress in-game.

that said, i have soloed 95% of the game on 4 of my 5 main-account wizards (the 5th one dual-boxed so, even though there were 2 wizards involved, it was still just me), and you can too. here's what i suggest:

1) deck setup

keep your deck pared down to the bare minimum; that way, the cards you need are available when you need them and fights don't take forever (this, in turn, reduces the odds that you will die in combat or have to fend off weakness multiple times).

2) your sideboard

-always carry a different school wand (if you are ice, for example, don't use an ice wand); this allows you to wand off weakness and/or tower shields without losing your blades.

exception: balance wizards cannot wand off weakness without losing their blades. if you are balance, keep cleanse charm treasures in your sideboard at all times.

-do not carry heals or shields for mob fights, and keep some in your side deck for bosses. that way, they are easily available if you need them, but are not taking up valuable deck space.

weakness-spamming isn't fun, but it doesn't have to completely ruin your game. hope this helps!

-von

exalted
transcendent
grandmaster
magus
This is completely true! Azteca, oh boy, when you get there, every battle is a close call if you're soloing. If you have a team, then not so much. But haha, if you think Dragonspyre is hard, wait until Azteca.. you just wait...

Rylee SpiritBlood Exatled
Catherine Magus

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Darkmist187 on Jul 18, 2014 wrote:
You don't state your school or level, which would have helped but Dragonspyre really isn't that difficult.
You need the best gear possible for your school/level.
You need to have taken the time to consider deck set up. Don't load your deck with spells you don't need.

As for difficulty, there is a HUGE jump once you have completed Dragonspyre, so get this down now...take your time and do ALL side quests.

And you don't really need help, except maybe for the final dungeon... just patience and strategy.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
wear level 45 dropped gear till your level 50 and its more farming time (robobot1747)