Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

You have *got* to be kidding me.

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Ooookay, rant alert:

I had to take a 30-minute break from the game before posting; if I posted how I really felt about this whole situation, or included the many creative phrases I yelled at my computer, I would be banned from the game for life.

I'm putting this here because there is a horrible glitch with dungeon recall. At least I hope it's a glitch, rather than poor design on KI's part.

My exalted diviner was doing some dungeon in the Hive; she beat the first fire boss (Anchera, Archana something or other) and, once that was done, there was a second boss (balance) and 3 death mobs in the same gauntlet. The boss/mobs had first-cast advantage, so I obviously got killed in about 3 rounds (couldn't heal due to infection spam/stacking).

So I refilled my health and used Dungeon Recall to go back... and, lo and behold, I have to complete BOTH boss fights AGAIN. All the progress I made is gone.

I thought the whole point of putting Dungeon Recall there in the first place is so we wouldn't have to start over if we got defeated; what's the point of having it, if it's just going to wipe my progress and make me redo both instances from the beginning?

I'm absolutely fuming right now. That is NOT fair.

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
I thought the reason for the dungeon recall was because people were complaining that when they had to come back in someplace like the Helephant tower, you have to keep saying "alone please" or "don't come in with me" and still, some clown would jump on at the last second and you couldn't rejoin your group.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It most likely is a bug like I've seen in some parts of Khrysalis dungeons. Sometimes when using recall the boss you just killed respawns but you can go around them and continue the next part of the quest. I don't about that particular one though. Since you took a break, either way you'll have to redo it though.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Dr Von on Jul 13, 2014 wrote:
Ooookay, rant alert:

I had to take a 30-minute break from the game before posting; if I posted how I really felt about this whole situation, or included the many creative phrases I yelled at my computer, I would be banned from the game for life.

I'm putting this here because there is a horrible glitch with dungeon recall. At least I hope it's a glitch, rather than poor design on KI's part.

My exalted diviner was doing some dungeon in the Hive; she beat the first fire boss (Anchera, Archana something or other) and, once that was done, there was a second boss (balance) and 3 death mobs in the same gauntlet. The boss/mobs had first-cast advantage, so I obviously got killed in about 3 rounds (couldn't heal due to infection spam/stacking).

So I refilled my health and used Dungeon Recall to go back... and, lo and behold, I have to complete BOTH boss fights AGAIN. All the progress I made is gone.

I thought the whole point of putting Dungeon Recall there in the first place is so we wouldn't have to start over if we got defeated; what's the point of having it, if it's just going to wipe my progress and make me redo both instances from the beginning?

I have had that happen and also no recall button to use and have to trek back to the dungeon.

I will no longer be questing in worlds above Avalon so the "glitch" will not stress me as much. I don't have to keep up with the Jone's and I don't have to play the game "just because it's there". I take what I do like from the game and leave what I don't like a lone. Avalon gives my low keyed gaming abilities enough of a work out. I don't have to sweat the gear set up, farm for gear or have a perfect pet etc. I just quest which is what I liked about the game when I came to it.

I am voting on the upper worlds with my wizards and actually pretty much all the wizards on my friends list are too because we are not questing in KS. After AZ most of them said they didn't like the game any more. Some made new wizards for me to friend but some did not. Granted my friends list is full of younger children so really the upper levels aren't really geared for all of them but still it's a chunk of us who just said "no we won't go". I think we all suffered from battle fatigue. Maybe it's because I did spent a lot of time there helping others so I repeated things too many times?

Mary FrogGem
a simple Myth wizard in Zafaria - enjoying the game...

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Update:

Since I had to redo the whole thing anyway, I went back in with Brynnerofreign and her ice wizard. I criticaled on a heal, so everything focused on me and I got killed...

Well, she's ice. So she couldn't really heal me; I had to flee. And, when I tried to get back in...

There was no Dungeon Recall button. I couldn't port back to Brynn, or to the mark I had made inside the dungeon. And, when I re-entered through the sigil alone (the way we can with Waterworks, etc), it made me restart the whole thing from the beginning. There was NO WAY for me to get back to my instance. And, since I wasn't in the mood to restart the whole thing a third time, I just logged off for the night.

It's starting to seem like this is poor design, rather than a glitch. And I have to wonder what goes through the minds of the KI employees responsible: it's like, "oh, we'll let them get 75% of the way done, but we won't give them a way to get back in once they die and just make them restart from scratch".

And some people on the boards consider this "fun"...

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Ooookay, rant alert:

I've found that the dungeon recall puts you back at the beginning of the dungeon, but haven't experienced having to re-duel those I've already beaten. I still mark my spot during long dungeons to avoid what happened to you, just in case. I guess that's still a good idea.

Honestly, I don't blame you at all. KI should fix this and now. The recall should take you back to where you were in any dungeon, not the beginning or it's pointless. Utterly pointless.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Ooookay, rant alert:

For me, some dungeons give me this problems and some don't. It really just depends. I agree that this is not fair.

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
hello Dr Von,

As I know you mostly play solo due to time differences, I definitely feel your frustration. When I cannot persuade a family member to play, I attempt to solo content as well. At the moment I am parked in front of Belloq in Twin Giants, and assisting my child with their wizard to one day help out dear old dad lol.

I'm not sure if that was a glitch, or the intention on KI's part to restart the entire back-to-back Boss fight, and as I haven't experienced this yet, so I can't offer you any suggestions; my apologies.

My play schedule is so random, I don't know if it's possible to set up a time where perhaps I could assist you, unless I'm locked out due to lack of progression. I'm sure a long time player such as yourself has a list of "go-to" players for assistance, but if I can ever assist you, I'm glad to.

On a positive note, I'm glad you're still playing , and I look forward to catching up to your level one day, and perhaps doing some dungeon crawling with you.

Best of luck to you in and out of the Spiral Dr.

Gabriel

Survivor
May 15, 2014
How much time have you spent away from the dungeon?

Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
I've noticed the same thing, but it's not consistent. Some dungeons seem to be set up to go back to the place you just left, and sometimes even with less enemies. For instance, if you defeated the minions but the boss defeats you, if you use dungeon recall, you can go back to battle just that boss, no minions. Other dungeons have the same problem you are describing. I have to wonder if perhaps that's because each dungeon has to be programmed individually? Regardless, I have encountered the same frustration, but it does vary by dungeon.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2014
Ah yes that would seem why you would be having your 'creative rant' . I understand your dilemma and it would frustrate me too (Even though I'm a low level compared to you) but the main point of dungeons is go through it without dying and that's why Wizard101 encourage you to bring friends along to help you with the dungeon so they could help you with the fight. After all they are dungeons, even if the recall is not fully helpful.

Zachary Soulweaver Lvl 38 (For now)

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
I think that may actually be by design. *ducks under table to avoid Von's wrath*
If you're in an actual dungeon (like when the warning pops up) you can use recall without a reset as much as you like. If you're in an instance, once everyone leaves it closes and you must start all over. If the game doesn't tell you you're about to enter a dungeon, you're not.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Flamin Wolf Nighti... on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
How much time have you spent away from the dungeon?
My guess, less than a minute.
Read what she did... this does not take 30mins. And she's been playing for over 3 years...

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Dr. Von attempted the dungeon 3 times, and in each instance, died when she went against the 2nd boss. I know for a fact, each time she took less than a minute to get refilled before trying to get back into the dungeon. Every time, it made her redo the entire dungeon.

The fourth time, I helped her out. When we got to the second boss (Balance + 3 Death mobs), she died about halfway through. I was still there, holding my own, and waited until she was able to come back.

Well, she couldn't come back. She couldn't port to me, she couldn't port to her mark, and when she tried to enter the sigil, she ended up in a totally different fight than me. So, I had to flee and decided we would try again the next day.

The next day her Storm and my Ice managed to get through the dungeon without anything going wrong (aka: dying), so she was able to complete her quest. YAY. Plus, it helped to have a super tank Ice to help out!

Brynn
"I have my 6520 health gear for everyday use, but on special occasions I slap on my 7055 health gear for fun!"

Survivor
Mar 09, 2014
Same with me! if your gonna use dungeon recall, i expect to be where i left off, otherwise it's just a fast way to get to your undoing.