Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Developers: Suggestion about Housing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
Although housing is nice from an aesthetic and role playing perspective, it really doesn't do anything beneficial for game play other than containing a shared bank. Wouldn't it be beneficial to both KI and the players if having a house full of furniture helps with game play too? Thus, here are my suggestions:

1. Furniture would be given points based on value and rarity. The more cumulative points the better.
2. If a player logs out while at home, their energy, hip points and even damage goes up based on the time logged out and the amount of points.
3. After a period of time such as two hours, the benefits start to decrease. Thus, the house would work like having various elixirs.

This way players would be encouraged to both craft and buy furniture and have nice castles.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
sandy20850 on Jul 12, 2014 wrote:
Although housing is nice from an aesthetic and role playing perspective, it really doesn't do anything beneficial for game play other than containing a shared bank. Wouldn't it be beneficial to both KI and the players if having a house full of furniture helps with game play too? Thus, here are my suggestions:

1. Furniture would be given points based on value and rarity. The more cumulative points the better.
2. If a player logs out while at home, their energy, hip points and even damage goes up based on the time logged out and the amount of points.
3. After a period of time such as two hours, the benefits start to decrease. Thus, the house would work like having various elixirs.

This way players would be encouraged to both craft and buy furniture and have nice castles.
This is a great idea. Apart from bragging to your friends, what do Castles do for you? Why waste gold or crowns on a useless idem?

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
Houses do have many active roles in game play.

That's where you have your gardens, which directly affect your character from there harvest.

Homes are a place where people can get a break and be creative if they want to. I decorate my homes for me and it gives me a great place to relax, adding better attributes to your character because of a houses rating due to how rare things are in it doesn't seem right to me. I think our wizards already have enough boosts.

The idea of being stronger or more accurate in different areas make sense to me eg: if a fire wizard was in a fire world they should get a boost to there accuracy and damage for they are in there zone. If we where to get attacked at our houses and we had made that house to our school then a boost might apply.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Castles to me are mostly about gardening, and as such, the red barn farm is by far the best one. There are some limited things you can do with them that are sort of useful, minigame vendors, teleport tapestries to various places (especially the bazaar !), dueling circles for practice PvP, and extra storage beyond your backpack. Perhaps some extra utility might make castle building more interesting.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2014
I like the housing the game does. Some neat ideas. Here are some things I would be interested in seeing:

1: A cottage like house. The interiors similar to the one in Wisteria, Tanglewood, for the Private Eddie quest. I was thinking the downstairs rooms a touch larger. And with two or three rooms upstairs.

2. Houses like the one floating off of Firecat Alley. There is one behind Shelus Gruffheart Relic Hunter, for instance. Houses like this with a little more land and a view of part of Firecat alley or whatever zone.

3. A house with a floating boat attached. Perhaps a Krokotopian one like the shuttle and one like the Grizzleheim viking ship. Maybe have these as attachments to replace the doors or just decorative. And along with this a dock.

Thanks again, devs.