Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which school should my new wizard be?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 25, 2014
I have a grandmaster death, archmage life, and a transcendent storm. I've been thinking of fire, or ice. I've been leaning towards fire due to the fact spells like scald could easily eliminate shields. But Ice wizards can have a large amount of health, and resistance. I don't know what school my next wizard should be. Which school should I pick for my new wizard?

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Well fire in my opinion is the worst school. I hate it. The fact that a lot of the spells do their damage over time, while opponents can shield or kill you infuriates me. So what you should be thinking is how much patience do you have? Can you sit through PvE battles lasting 10 minutes? Or do you wanna finish quick and move on?

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Seth Lifeblood Nic... on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
Well fire in my opinion is the worst school. I hate it. The fact that a lot of the spells do their damage over time, while opponents can shield or kill you infuriates me. So what you should be thinking is how much patience do you have? Can you sit through PvE battles lasting 10 minutes? Or do you wanna finish quick and move on?
As a proud Pyromancer, I take offense to that. We have plenty of powerful one-hits you know. Also, DoT is pretty helpful for getting rid of shields and a good Rain of Fire can do over a thousand damage every turn to all enemies. Helpful for killing an enemy with a shield.

Still, to each his own. I personally hate Life. Little damage, only one AaE and too many heals.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
PSNLoverForLife on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
I have a grandmaster death, archmage life, and a transcendent storm. I've been thinking of fire, or ice. I've been leaning towards fire due to the fact spells like scald could easily eliminate shields. But Ice wizards can have a large amount of health, and resistance. I don't know what school my next wizard should be. Which school should I pick for my new wizard?
I would choose Balance. It's hard to master but it pays off if you stick with it.

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
I personally like the best. But you chose what you like.