Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Winterbane Worth it?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 04, 2014
I beat malistare on my myth at level 46. Then I did side quests to get orthrus for Ravenscar. I want to start Celestia at level 50 and I need Winterbane to do it. So my question is should I do all of Winterbane or not I don't want to be overpowered and want to stay around level you would start a world (20, 30, 40, etc.) so is it worth the pets and spells? Also do you need to beat Winterbane for medusa, basilisk, celestial calendar, and medusa pet? Thx lail mythbane level 48

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I think you mean Wintertusk, but yes. You will need to do it to get your spells. If you skip spell/pet quests you won't get further quests for other spells or pets. Wintertusk is also worth doing for the level 56 crafted gear you can learn at the end of it.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2014
Yes I meant Wintertusk (now I know to read for typos :P). Thx for the help I will do it all.

LailMythbane level 50(for now)

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Wintertusk is also a great world to milk for experience. The quests give considerably more experience points than Celestia quests but are about the same difficulty. If you do Wintertusk first, you'll struggle a bit, but then Celestia will be easy with more spells, higher health, and better gear in your arsenal. I strongly recommend taking every possible side quest in Wintertusk, there is no faster way to level up your wizard.