Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

There's something wrong when...

AuthorMessage
Champion
Sep 01, 2009
I decided to try PvP on my little balance wizard. The last time I tried PvP was about three years ago, and I remember similar levels, using appropriate school spells. It seems those days are over. My first ranked match was against a level 10-15 wizard who had star spells. Wha...? I died. My second match was against a wizard who, again, was close to my own level, and killed me with leviathan. Again, wha...?

So I guess the only way to win in PvP is to use high ranking treasure cards? And those of us who choose not to cheat-it's cheating, in my opinion-will what, lose every single time? Now, I don't see anything wrong with using a strong or monstrous, or even TC tower shields. But a level 10-15 wizard with Ra, or leviathan, or star spells? How in the world are "normal" players supposed to survive?

I'm not going to pack my deck with high level treasure cards, I am not going to spend a ridiculous amount of crowns on super resist gear. PvP is (or was) supposed to be fun. I really wanted to PvP on this balance wizard, but I guess given the new "here, let me kill you with a level 60 spell, oh, good game!" pattern, I should call it "PvTC."

Explorer
May 08, 2014
I am a warlord myself and I agree why use tc when it is possible to one hit with one of your own spells. I am a life wiz and I can easily one hit with my centaur with enough traps and blades instead of overkilling with a lvl 60 spell because then it is just a waste of gold and it counts as cheating in my opinion it sort of ruins the excitement of getting a new spell when you can easily buy a stronger version at the bazaar. It also messes up the fun of pvp I enjoy playing a fair match but I am always going up against other warlords way under my lvl who spam tc to try to kill me but that's when they realize it was a waste of tc because I can easily regain my health with a few healing spells then one hit them with a regular spell.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
If you've given your opponent the chance to gain pips without pressuring them into healing and using the pips up or putting defenses up on yourself, you're doing something very wrong. Try using the Nightshade's Choker as well as a defensive pet that gives Tower Shield or something similar, and, as a Balance wizard, you already have the utilities you need to survive spells like these (Elemental + Spirit Shields and Weakness). If you want to get to level 16 which is what most wizards do when they find themselves being very limited at levels 12-15, train Tower Shield so you have a full set of defenses against these wizards. Trust me, it's not hard at all to take them out.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
PvP King on Jun 26, 2014 wrote:
If you've given your opponent the chance to gain pips without pressuring them into healing and using the pips up or putting defenses up on yourself, you're doing something very wrong. Try using the Nightshade's Choker as well as a defensive pet that gives Tower Shield or something similar, and, as a Balance wizard, you already have the utilities you need to survive spells like these (Elemental + Spirit Shields and Weakness). If you want to get to level 16 which is what most wizards do when they find themselves being very limited at levels 12-15, train Tower Shield so you have a full set of defenses against these wizards. Trust me, it's not hard at all to take them out.
The one who killed me with Frost Giant gained more power pips in two turns than I think I have total (insert sarcasm font here, but you get my drift).

I see Warlords wandering around the Commons, and remember when I used to think "Ooo, that's impressive." Those days are gone. I'll just concentrate on getting my Promethean to Exalted, and my level 45 through Dragonspyre. PvP is obviously not the same as it used to be.