Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to calculate a critical?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 24, 2010
I've been through a lot of critical instances where the damage can be decent or the damage can just be absolutely insane. However, i still don't understand how much a critical can deal or add in damage.

For example, i cast a 200 damage troll and i critical with a 50 critical rating. How much damage will that deal. Some of my friends say it doubles the damage, but some say it varies based on the critical rating. What do you guys think?

P.S.

I'm just too lazy to test things out .

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
If a critical is not blocked, it will always do double damage. If it's blocked, it does normal damage. Critical rating has nothing to do with how much damage is done. Rating only increases your chances of getting a critical. It's really simple, all critical does is simply double your final damage after all boosts have been multiplied together. A critical 200 damage troll would always do 400 damage.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Before starting a new thread it helps to look at prior ones. this question was answered a couple days ago on the thread "Criticalling."