Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Levelling up

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 14, 2012
i cant seem to level up my pet! i keep playing minigames with it but it stays a baby! please help!

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
You are supposed to train it to get it to adult. Take a look at the experience it has, and keep training it until it becomes teen and so on. The experience for it to become a teen is 100, I believe.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
After you play a mini game with your pet, you have the option to feed your pet a snack. The actual games don't give much pet xp but the snacks do. It's a good idea to invest in high ranked pet snacks because they give you more pet xp. You can buy them from the bazaar, they're dropped, and some are rewards for quests. Finally, you may just be getting really low scores in the minigames (and not feeding your pet) which results also in slow leveling.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Master

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
After you play a mini game with your pet, you have the option to feed your pet a snack. The actual games don't give much pet xp but the snacks do. It's a good idea to invest in high ranked pet snacks because they give you more pet xp. You can buy them from the bazaar, they're dropped, and some are rewards for quests. Finally, you may just be getting really low scores in the minigames (and not feeding your pet) which results also in slow leveling.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Master

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
GODZILLARULZ188 on Jun 16, 2014 wrote:
i cant seem to level up my pet! i keep playing minigames with it but it stays a baby! please help!
First, double check and make sure it's name isn't "Baby Something"
Next, are you feeding the pet snacks after each successfully completed mini game?

It does take time, but I've never seen a pet not level, unless it's already at mega.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
You can read all about training your pet, via the link shown below:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Basic:Training_Pets

Here's basic information:

Your pet must be an Adult or higher before it can hatch with other pets

As you continue to train and feed your pet, it will level

Pets have six different levels; Baby, Teen, Adult, Ancient, Epic, and Mega

Pets can have a total of 5 Talents and 5 Derby Abilities

Pets can be fed gear, items, and snacks

Gear, items, and snacks affect different pet stats

You feed gear and items to your pet anytime you want

Snacks can only be fed after you train

Feed pets mega snacks to dramatically increase pet experience

You can garden prickly cactus bear, evil snow peas, and other plants for pet snack drops and other items

You can go through the Winterbane Dungeon available at some player's castle for pets, pet snack drops, and other items.

Here's to you successfully leveling all your pets!

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
The amount of experience that your pet earns from minigames is dependent on how well you are able to complete the minigame. If you complete the minigame perfectly, you can get a lot of xp, but, if you complete the minigame poorly, you may only receive a little xp (if any). So, play the minigames that you're really good at playing.

Also, you can feed your pet snacks to gain extra xp. The amount of xp received is dependent on the level of the snack (found in the upper left-hand corner, or, for really high level snacks, the sum of its boosts) and whether or not your pet "likes" a snack or "loves" a snack.
A pet "likes" a snack if it is of his/her school or if it is of the class that they prefer (candy, desserts, meals, munchies, fruits, or vegetables).
A pet "loves" a snack if it is of his/her school and if it is of the class that they prefer.

Lastly, occasionally, feeding your pet high-level items can give some xp.

Happy Training!

Survivor
Aug 14, 2012