Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How Pet "May Casts" should work

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 25, 2013
I've seen quite a number of posts telling KI how pets with "may cast" talents should work since KI has been so mysterious about it, but here's my suggestion: why not go off of the age of the pet?

So for example, fairy friend:

Teen: 30% chance to cast if player is hit by any attack
Adult:35%
Ancient: 40%
Epic: 50%
Mega: 60%

Spritely and lifebat (or maybe 75 for lifebat) should have a 70% chance at mega, and unicorn should have a 50 or 55% at mega. healing current can be the same as fairy friend since it is not always reliable.

For defensive auras:
Teen: 35% chance to cast on any given turn (unless the player already has an aura up)
Adult: 40%

Ancient: 45%
Epic: 50%
Mega: 55% (offensive auras like vengeance and infallible should be slightly less)

For global spells:
Teen: 20% chance to cast any time the player casts a blade or trap (not including pet spells)
Adult: 25%
Ancient: 35%
Epic: 40%
Mega: 45%

For Blades/Traps:
Teen: 25% to cast any time player attacks (including wand attacks and AOEs)
Adult: 30%
Ancient: 35%
Epic: 45%
Mega: 50%

And I'm sure the rest can be determined for spells like pierce, shatter, enfeeble, smoke screen but I just think that this route would be more logical than punishing everyone by nerfing pet casts because people complain about PvP, when in reality if someone works hard to get themselves a perfect pet they should be allowed the benefits and at least some insight into how exactly the pet casts work.

I sincerely hope that this is considered by KI at some point, even though this has been an ongoing desire for many wizards throughout the spiral.

-The RavenCatcher

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Chance things are chance. The pet system is fine now, though I agree with you that nerfing the rate of sprite and fairy was bad. Just of the record, a lot of my friends who hardcore PvP didn't want the change, so it wasn't everyone, just a small group who complained a lot.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Those chances are WAY too high, May Casts need to be balanced, not spammy.

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
I could see age determining the cast rate working well, but the percentages you listed are way, way too high. 60% for fairy would feel crazy.

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
To people who said my cast rates were too high, 1) this is to balance things in PvP since let's face it, in a lot of battles, one hit will kill anyway. And 2) those were just suggestions. The main point is the idea behind it all. I think we should have some sort of way to see how our pets cast the spells their talents give them.

-The RavenCatcher

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Sokad on Jun 17, 2014 wrote:
To people who said my cast rates were too high, 1) this is to balance things in PvP since let's face it, in a lot of battles, one hit will kill anyway. And 2) those were just suggestions. The main point is the idea behind it all. I think we should have some sort of way to see how our pets cast the spells their talents give them.

-The RavenCatcher

It's random and you will never learn the cast rate. This would not balance PvP at all, most PvP want LESS pet casting not more. On top of that, it gives unfair advantage to established longtime players. Pet talents should remain as they are, everyone with a given talent is equal.