Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Keeping health and mana when changing gear

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
If I have a gear item that gives a boost to health or mana, and I change to another, I loose all the extra as if I had taken it off, rather than just the difference. It would be good to change this.

So if I have a ring that gives 120 heath, and I change to one that gives 100, my health should go down 20, not 120. etc.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Gemma Luna on Jun 10, 2014 wrote:
If I have a gear item that gives a boost to health or mana, and I change to another, I loose all the extra as if I had taken it off, rather than just the difference. It would be good to change this.

So if I have a ring that gives 120 heath, and I change to one that gives 100, my health should go down 20, not 120. etc.
This works as it is supposed to.
Example:
You have 100 health and add a ring that gives you 120. You now have 220 health total.
You replace that ring with one that gives you 100 health. You now have 200 health total.

Changing any gear will change you stats; you know this from playing for years.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
It works perfectly. You can't put on your new ring without taking the old one off. Equipping a different one executes a command to unequip the old ring and put on a new one. Because you unequipped the old one, you lose all stats it gave you.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
I agree. Usually have to teleport to the beginning of a world to refill health and mana and then port back to where I was. Totally unnecessary.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Robobot1747 on Jun 11, 2014 wrote:
It works perfectly. You can't put on your new ring without taking the old one off. Equipping a different one executes a command to unequip the old ring and put on a new one. Because you unequipped the old one, you lose all stats it gave you.
I understand how it works. I am suggesting it be changed to work better. If I have one item on and change directly to another, I'd like them to exchange. That would save time running for wisps every time I adjust my build.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
RavenLady777 on Jun 11, 2014 wrote:
This works as it is supposed to.
Example:
You have 100 health and add a ring that gives you 120. You now have 220 health total.
You replace that ring with one that gives you 100 health. You now have 200 health total.

Changing any gear will change you stats; you know this from playing for years.
That's not what happens.

I have 100 base and a ring that gives 120. I'm full at 220/220 I change to a ring that gives 100, but I now have only 100/200, not 200/200 as Robobot explained.

My point is it would make the game more enjoyable if we went from item A --> B directly, keeping health and mana, rather than A---> nothing ---> B, defaulting to base stats in between. It's not game changing but it's a pain having to find wisps or to use and refill potions upon every gear swap.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Gemma Luna on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:
That's not what happens.

I have 100 base and a ring that gives 120. I'm full at 220/220 I change to a ring that gives 100, but I now have only 100/200, not 200/200 as Robobot explained.

My point is it would make the game more enjoyable if we went from item A --> B directly, keeping health and mana, rather than A---> nothing ---> B, defaulting to base stats in between. It's not game changing but it's a pain having to find wisps or to use and refill potions upon every gear swap.
Gemma is right. It would be better if gear changes should operate using a percentage conversion, e.g., if you have 100% of health or mana with one piece of gear, you should still have 100% when you replace it with something else.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Gemma Luna on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:
That's not what happens.

Ah, I see what you are saying. It does decrease by the entire amount removed and you have to wait to 'refill' or catch a wisp.

I agree that it would be nice if when we change gear everything would just 'fill up' to the new levels. Not sure if KI will make this change or not though.