Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Boss Drop Gear or Crown Pack Gear?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 01, 2014
Hi guys I wanna ask if its better to get the gear's that the boss drop or the gear from the pack and if you say the gear from the card pack please tell me which pack to buy and im a Lv50 Pyromancer(Fire) Thanks!!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
BeastLer980 on Jun 9, 2014 wrote:
Hi guys I wanna ask if its better to get the gear's that the boss drop or the gear from the pack and if you say the gear from the card pack please tell me which pack to buy and im a Lv50 Pyromancer(Fire) Thanks!!
At level 50 I get my gear from the Bazaar, you balance pips, damage and health - usually the better gear costs the most gold but I usually have enough to sell to buy it. Bazaar gear is good up to level 58 usually. At level 56 I equip the Wintertusk crafted gear, if not then the level 58 Bazaar gear and then at level 60 Waterworks if you don't mind farming. Crafting at higher level gear seems to trade off important stuff for me to consider. I have crafted a few things in Avalon but don't seem to use them much.

I don't buy packs so I have no research on how that works out but I think, you will pay for gear that adjusts to your level and it won't be as useful long term and you would need to purchase more as you level.

As a lark and break from the game, I recently farmed Olympus with my higher level wizard, for the level 30 Senator gear, then crafted the next better stat set. The stats are far advanced for level 30 regular questing and I find I may make it fine to the level 56 Wintertusk gear - this avoids my usual every 5 to 10 levels visit to the Bazaar for gear after my wizard hits lvl 30. Down side is I have way more gold then normal so need to start a side thing like pet hatching to get rid of some.

Mary

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Don't buy anything for crowns now, you'll outgrow it too fast to be worthwhile.

Level 45-50 has some good drop gear from Dragonspyre. Plan on crafting the level 56 gear from Wintertusk and/or farming the level 60 gear from Waterworks. Those are about the best hats, robes, and boots in the game for a long time. You can get good drop wands from level 52-58 and can craft Vestrilund ring and athame or farm Tower of the Helephant for the level 60 ones.

There are some nice wands from packs and bundles, but I'd wait until you are higher level to go for those. Most of the best high level gear is crafted or dropped.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2014
Hi guys im Lv65 now and my friend gifted me the "Flameborn Attire" set from the crown shop but when I equip it im not really satisfied with my stats and with my old Lv58 equips I got like 81% chance of gaining pips now I only have like 66(including my rings and athames) and I feel like I got weaker I don't know why but is their any better equips than the flameborn attire? and also which in better the sidhe stuff or the lifeforce blade? and I can also get crowns if I need to buy the card pack to get better equip and tell me which card pack please if its necessary to buy card packs thanks!

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
BeastLer980 on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
Hi guys im Lv65 now and my friend gifted me the "Flameborn Attire" set from the crown shop but when I equip it im not really satisfied with my stats and with my old Lv58 equips I got like 81% chance of gaining pips now I only have like 66(including my rings and athames) and I feel like I got weaker I don't know why but is their any better equips than the flameborn attire? and also which in better the sidhe stuff or the lifeforce blade? and I can also get crowns if I need to buy the card pack to get better equip and tell me which card pack please if its necessary to buy card packs thanks!
You don't need to buy anything. My sister's post above said what to do - craft the wintertusk gear or farm waterworks. That will be the best for a while.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
BeastLer980 on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
Some times you or in your case, someone else, can't buy your way into the better stuff. This may be one such case. Altho I did most all of Zafaria with my Life wizard with the lvl 58 gear more options are now available to better this gear.

If you are lvl 65 your best option is either Craft the Wintertusk lvl 56 gear or start farming Waterworks. No other investment in the game will give you the most mileage as these two options. There is lvl 56 and 58 Ring and Atheme to put with this gear that carries you for quite a while..

Sadly I do think gear in this game is a bit of a problem and can leave many players scrambling. You either have to have crafted though the Seal of the Seven Seas quest and have access to Wintertusk for the crafted stuff or be able to tolerate endless hours of farming for the WaterWorks "chance to get" gear. Other wise you are going to find it hard to replace the lvl 58 Bazaar bought gear since the stats of those sets are decent also but would not recommend them for long term game.

Up side is if you like the look of the crown gear it's not a total waste of money, you can stitch it to the Wintertusk of Waterworks gear.

I think most of us have found that at a certain point in the game we have to assess how far we are going and if we are willing to make the effort to equip our wizard better for the upper level worlds.

Mary