Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Max gold, Max tc, Max backpack usually twice a day

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
I have huge gardens on all wizards on one of my accounts. One of my problems is max gold, max, tc and full back pack and sometimes full on certain reagents. Usually twice a day. Some of my thoughts that I would love to see be implemented are.

Can there be an update sometime where we can feed tc's to our pet even for a little pet xp like even one point or even half a point? No gold needed or other tc in exchange.

Can we start feeding reagents soon, not for gold or tc's but for some pet xp, even one point, or even half a point?

Seed bags needed so each one does not count against back pack limit

Remove gold limit

Increase back pack space

Let everything be tradeable between your own wizards such as the lexicon blade, aureate ring, and other stuff so as not to be a back pack burden.

I know i can trash a lot of this stuff, by why have to if you can get something out of it. But I may start trashing all this stuff soon as feeding usually bring me more tc's I don't need and I for one am tired of the dog and the stork popping up on my screen daily with their warning that I am full on tc's or certain reagents after gardening.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
KI probably never anticipated hitting the maximum values on so many aspects of the game on a regular basis, so your experience is a good learning example for them.

I agree with seed bags in concept, but mechanically I am confused how harvests would go.

I have no idea why there are still treasure cards that are both "no auction" and "no trade." The only option if you don't want to use them is to trash them, and that feels wasteful.

Although selling reagents is an option, a feeding option seems easy to program and would be more accessible since you always have your pet with you.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
seeds are one of the biggest weird things in the game. They're not stackable, they need 2 spaces to plant one seed (one for the patch and one for the seed), they're a housing decoration but you can't drop them on the ground, etc. I, and many others, feel that seeds should be stackable in your backpack/bank. If KI can find a way to make seeds stackable, they'd really make a lot of people happy.

As for the rest of it, what i wind up doing (and im not maxed out, so this may not be possible for you) is selling treasure cards (when I can), destroy the ones i dont need/use, and then when I hit max gold, just buy some reagents Im not maxed out on that cost a ton of gold. Then, just "lather, rinse and repeat".

My banks & shared bank gets full rather quickly, and I think it would be great if they gave us a little bit more room. perhaps 50 more slots per wizard and 100 for shared bank. it's a small amount of items that could help, but the biggest help, I feel, is the seed stacking. When you have 10 pages of seeds, those 80 slots could be used for something else

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
My agreement for the seed bags is infinite. My bank and a good portion of my backpack is filled with seeds that I don't really want to sell but have little use for. I also agree with infinite gold, I keep running into problems with too much money. As for backpack space, I can handle it, but it probably would help to have more. Infinity TCs sounds good too.

Survivor
May 31, 2014
Lucky Wizard on Jun 8, 2014 wrote:
I have huge gardens on all wizards on one of my accounts. One of my problems is max gold, max, tc and full back pack and sometimes full on certain reagents. Usually twice a day. Some of my thoughts that I would love to see be implemented are.

Can there be an update sometime where we can feed tc's to our pet even for a little pet xp like even one point or even half a point? No gold needed or other tc in exchange.

Can we start feeding reagents soon, not for gold or tc's but for some pet xp, even one point, or even half a point?

Remove gold limit

Increase back pack space

Let everything be tradeable between your own wizards such as the lexicon blade, aureate ring, and other stuff so as not to be a back pack burden.

I know i can trash a lot of this stuff, by why have to if you can get something out of it. But I may start trashing all this stuff soon as feeding usually bring me more tc's I don't need and I for one am tired of the dog and the stork popping up on my screen daily with their warning that I am full on tc's or certain reagents after gardening.
Yes, I consider this a problem. With some of your ideas, it would sound like a good thing to do. For example, I agree with the seed idea all the way. To add on to that idea, maybe they could put a limit on seeds and ONLY seeds. Like maybe 100 seeds and 120 seeds if you have membership. Now, on some ideas, I disagree. For example, they already increase the back pack space when you get membership (80 items ----> 120 items. Though I wish there was an elixir that you can use to increase backpack space... Just like how there is the Bric-a-Brac elixir.... But users can't be choosers, as I say. Well, hope this helped... In a way.. To support your idea...

P.S. I'm not sure if I have you the response you wanted.. If not them I'm sorry.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Gold needs to have a cap, just from a programming standpoint (database fields must have a set length). They should make it 999,999 at the very least. That wouldn't increase the data space required at all. I find myself buying the most expensive hat at the bazaar and selling it right back pretty much daily. Just so I can sell off excess TC and gear because of the gold cap.

The only issue I have with feeding TC and reagents to pets for XP is that guarantees pet XP everytime you feed them almost anything. Sometimes you get XP. You usually get multiple reagents or TC when you feed them gear, then you could feed those again to them for XP.

Seeds are a huge issue with backpack space. Even simply making the max 99 on each type would greatly help. When I harvest my Couch Potatoes, I need to clear my gear to the bank to make sure I have 70 slots so I don't lose seeds. Yes I know they SOMETIMES go to the bank, but often they just disappear if pack is full even with an empty bank. It's huge pain to degear/regear from bank every time I do an elder harvest.

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
Lucky Wizard on Jun 8, 2014 wrote:

Remove gold limit

Increase back pack space

Oh my... O_O

I never thought that would ever happen... But, I guess you could try moving the 'No Trade' items to you bank, and everything else to the Shared Bank. When that fills up, go on to the Bank. When THAT fills up... Well, maybe you should just let your plants wither away, and stop farming (I honestly don't see the point in farming bosses; we have stores)... =\

-Nathaniel Redflame, the level 50 wizard who is in complete shock...

Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
Lucas Rain on Jun 9, 2014 wrote:
KI probably never anticipated hitting the maximum values on so many aspects of the game on a regular basis, so your experience is a good learning example for them.

I agree with seed bags in concept, but mechanically I am confused how harvests would go.

I have no idea why there are still treasure cards that are both "no auction" and "no trade." The only option if you don't want to use them is to trash them, and that feels wasteful.

Although selling reagents is an option, a feeding option seems easy to program and would be more accessible since you always have your pet with you.
totally agree with you

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I also max out on gold, tc, and reagents (usually sandstone and pearls).

I would love to have seed bags that would take up less space in backpacks. Many people have thrown out the idea of a garden shed as a housing item. That too would be great.

When I max out on gold, I but a high price gardening spell. I know that will only work until I get all the spells. I have also hatched with people who wanted better pets. Immediately after the hatch I sell the egg.

When close to max on reagents I transmute them. That will only work until I am maxed on sunstone or golden pearls, which is getting close.

There have been many times that I have given tc to lower level wizards. One day, someone was in the commons asking if anyone had tc they didn't want. Oh boy! I took advantage of that. I ended up giving them nearly 300 cards from my various wizards. LOL. I bet he probably thought he won the wizard lottery that day.

I really don't know how they can work unlimited gold into the game.

I do like the idea of feeding tc and reagents to pets for a little pet xp.

As for backpack space...I think even if they increased it to 150 they would still fill up. I am just thankful as a member I get 120 item count in backpack instead of the 80 items no players get.

Defender
May 11, 2012
I really like the seed bag idea. Most of my regular bank and shared bank spaces are filled up with seeds, and as they are mostly crown seeds gotten from harvesting plants, I don't really want to get rid of them, but I have gotten to the point that I have had to.

Autumn FairyDreamer Level 79

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Seed storage bank - please!

Temp mounts should be able to be traded through shared bank.

All TCs should be able to be sold or traded. Make them no-PvP if needed, but there should be something to do besides trash them.

Gold limits should be higher.

I understand why things can be unlimited, but player level and the number of worlds has doubled since the game started, with goodness knows how many more items, yet we are stuck with the original storage limits. It's time to raise them.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Dakota Death on Jun 10, 2014 wrote:
Seed storage bank - please!

Temp mounts should be able to be traded through shared bank.

All TCs should be able to be sold or traded. Make them no-PvP if needed, but there should be something to do besides trash them.

Gold limits should be higher.

I understand why things can be unlimited, but player level and the number of worlds has doubled since the game started, with goodness knows how many more items, yet we are stuck with the original storage limits. It's time to raise them.
Temp mounts can be traded through shared bank, just not after you started using them.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
seethe42 on Jun 10, 2014 wrote:
Temp mounts can be traded through shared bank, just not after you started using them.
Some can, but many can't. There are a lot that are no-trade, no-auction, no-sell. Kind of a waste when they fit another wiz better.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
seethe42 on Jun 10, 2014 wrote:
I wish. I have some 7 day ones I can't do anything with.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Dakota Death on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:
I wish. I have some 7 day ones I can't do anything with.
I have loads of them from packs I've never had any problems with them. What ones can't be traded?

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
seethe42 on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:
I have loads of them from packs I've never had any problems with them. What ones can't be traded?
7 day dragons, 7 day fairy wings, 7 day manta ray, 1 day ponies (sunshine and starlight), 1 day koi, 1 day dragoness, 1 day dragon, 1 day black stallion, 1 day bruin ram, 1 day Gryphon, assorted candy canes. All those are no trade, no sell, no action. They'd get used on other chars, but prob not on the ones that have them. So I'll end up trashing them probably, or keep them taking up space. It makes packs feel like an even bigger waste of money. IDK why any mount should be no-trade. It's more fun to use them on the char they look best with.