Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Suggestion?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 21, 2014
Hey everyone, I apologize if this isn't the right section. But this is my first post and I'm pretty new to the game. So with the pet sale going on, I figure I should buy a pet with crowns. But I was wondering what pet is the best for a Balance Wizard? I was leaning towards Earthwalker as it costs exactly 5k coins, which is ten dollars. And that's sort of just how many coins I want to buy atm. :p My Balance Wizard is only just getting to Kroktopia by the way.

Thanks!

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
arboreal77 on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
Hey everyone, I apologize if this isn't the right section. But this is my first post and I'm pretty new to the game. So with the pet sale going on, I figure I should buy a pet with crowns. But I was wondering what pet is the best for a Balance Wizard? I was leaning towards Earthwalker as it costs exactly 5k coins, which is ten dollars. And that's sort of just how many coins I want to buy atm. :p My Balance Wizard is only just getting to Kroktopia by the way.

Thanks!
Hi
As a player with a Balance Wizard I would not recommend Earth Walker unless your second school is Life, otherwise you will have a pet with specific life school talents that you cannot use.
If, however, you do have Life as a second school then I would recommend Spirit Of Nature, which is a less expensive pet and also has the potential to manifest Spritely, a healing talent talent that can be a huge help in your battles.
A very good all round Balance pet is Evil Sandman, this pet also has the possibility of manifesting Spritely. The pet also gives you a Sandstorm card which does more damage than the regular sandstorm spell.
Sandman can also develop specific balance talents such as increase in balance damage.
I have had my Evil Sandman, Mr Bentley, for over two years now and although I tried to hatch many pets to gain a healing talent he is the only one to develop it and so I take him into battle almost constantly.
I hope this information helps
Good Luck with your Journey.
James Dreamweaver Lvl 96

Survivor
Mar 15, 2014
i'd say probably the flying squirrel i think its balance or the dread grimore to start yes i know its spelled wrong lol
those have pretty solid talents plus squirrel gives you an extra heal which is always great

Survivor
Oct 19, 2011
Well, a pet suggestion that I have is based on one of the worlds. Maybe a Skeletal Krok or something like that. But Im not sure on its pedigree. It could maybe be should in a Krokotopia shop for about 5,000 coins or in the crown shop for a cheap price if it isn't a very high pedigree. But if it would be, maybe it should be 10,000 gold in the krok shop and a high price in the crown shop. So that is a pet suggestion.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2011
arboreal77, I think that you should buy a Evil Sandman pet if you're a Balance wizard. The pet is balance. It gives you the Sandstorm card too. And it is pet-a palooza time and it's back for the summer so you should buy it for 1500 crowns if you have enough and my pet suggestion is a Lion pet.

Survivor
May 21, 2014
Enlightened One on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
Hi
As a player with a Balance Wizard I would not recommend Earth Walker unless your second school is Life, otherwise you will have a pet with specific life school talents that you cannot use.
If, however, you do have Life as a second school then I would recommend Spirit Of Nature, which is a less expensive pet and also has the potential to manifest Spritely, a healing talent talent that can be a huge help in your battles.
A very good all round Balance pet is Evil Sandman, this pet also has the possibility of manifesting Spritely. The pet also gives you a Sandstorm card which does more damage than the regular sandstorm spell.
Sandman can also develop specific balance talents such as increase in balance damage.
I have had my Evil Sandman, Mr Bentley, for over two years now and although I tried to hatch many pets to gain a healing talent he is the only one to develop it and so I take him into battle almost constantly.
I hope this information helps
Good Luck with your Journey.
James Dreamweaver Lvl 96
Thank you so much! So a pet like Earthwalker would only be good if I had Life as my main school then?

Survivor
Oct 19, 2011
Yes the Earthwalker pet would be a good life pet for life students. But If you had a life wizard as a secondary class you could buy it for him. But if you are balance, I highly suggest Evil Sandman.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
arboreal77 on Jun 2, 2014 wrote:
Thank you so much! So a pet like Earthwalker would only be good if I had Life as my main school then?
Life doesn't have to be your main school to get the benefits from a life pet aboreal77, if you had life as your second school (the school you use training points in) then some of pet's talents say Lifeblade would be of some help to you.
Generally speaking though, a pet from your main school will provide more talents geared to help you.

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
Welcome to the game and message board!

As mentioned above, a first-generation pet (one you'd buy with crowns/gold or one that you receive as a drop or quest reward) that matches your wizard's primary school is the best fit. Here's a link to the first-generation Balance school pets.... http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:First_Generation_Balance_Pets Hopefully this will help you pick a good starter pet.

As for "perfect" pets..... those are usually hatched. :) :) :)

Miranda Nightsinger, Promethean Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Master Pyromancer
Iridian Lotusblade, Journeyman Sorcerer

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
arboreal77 on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:

Thanks!
I've bought exactly 3 pets for crowns. the Tarantula Hawk, which I now, through hatching with other people, have a dozen or so of; and the Evil Sandman and that one only because it's on sale. Oh and a myth ghoul. The sandman ghoul will sit at the house without getting used for a long while though. You want nifty new pets? Your best bet is to quest, go dungeon running solo for gold,gear and treasure cards; and go dungeon running with friends. Also help your friends with their quests. You sell the gear and treasure cards and accrue a bigger gold balance. most of the pets you may want to hatch with will end up running you 30-40000 gold. Then wash, rinse and repeat until you have the perfect pet [for you] with the perfect 5 talent mix of talents you want. Then train them to see if they get those talents. Plus as you get to higher level worlds you can also "farm" dungeons for higher level gear to sell as well as mega snacks.

Connor lvl 89